Subscriptions & Donations ×

Any Accord Coupes out there Spotted or Featured?

Cryistic

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

You took the volvo thing by surprise, made me chuckle 😁

He had been hassling me all the way upto Hutton, driving in the outside lane even though nothing on the inside lane of the dual carriage way !!

I only tickled the throttle as well, away from the lights...he stayed on the outside eventually passing before the next set of lights....I was at an indicated 55mph on the 50mph route..

He ran all the way to Riversway in the outside lane eventually pulling away by doing the same speed, 60 ish,  in the 40mph limit over the flyover...before pulling over two lanes to take the off ramp to Strand Rd...complete t@ss£@.

• Like 1
  • grrrr 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

he stayed on the outside eventually passing before the next set of lights....I was at an indicated 55mph on the 50mph route..

He ran all the way to Riversway in the outside lane eventually pulling away by doing the same speed, 60 ish,  in the 40mph limit over the flyover...before pulling over two lanes to take the off ramp to Strand Rd...complete t@ss£@.

People like that give drivers a bad name, regardless of what car they have.

Even more annoying is they consume oxygen...........

• Like 2

Urrgh I hate them. Even on my drive to Cosford the amount of reckless undertaking at speed was ridiculous. Yes people sat in middle lanes and some refusing to override cruise control when in 3rd lane are frustrating. But to boot it in first lane zig zapping away only to get nowhere was distracting.

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Andy Mc said:

the amount of reckless undertaking at speed was ridiculous

Many moons ago i joined the M11 from just south of Cambridge on my way to a Rover meet so no prizes for guessing i was in the Sterling at the time. I deliberately joined and stayed in lane 2 for the simple reason that about 1/2-3/4 down, lane 1 became a slip road for a roundabout over the motorway.

I got up to cruising speed and as i reached that speed, i noticed a black Jag X-Type join the motorway - a stretched X-Type.

Black and stretched? Funeral car presumably.

Soon after this thing went past on my inside at around 3 figures mph, not only were they undertakers but they were also Undertakers! :o

In fairness they came off at the next junction (the one that lane 1 was a slip road for) and the poor car probably needed the cobwebs blown out after crawling at funerial speeds.

Probably the best example of undertaking but i could type for hours about all the bad examples..........

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Red 2 litre T920 coming the opposite way as I trawled through a 20mph zone coming through Southport...the one Andy spotted at the garden centre.  🤣🤣🤣

Well shiny !!

I was in Elly so didn't instigate a wave 😜🤪🤪

• Like 3

• Moderators

Out in Elly this morning,  turned right out of a T junction on a back road and clocked a green Coupe on the left road...had the trailer on and loaded so didn't turn around to go back, to look. It was spoilerless too !!!

However,  will be up that way for a job next week so will maybe see it again....its a "posh" area, nothing less than 22 plate and EV to boot for residents 🤑🤑🤑🤑 so strange to see it there 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

its a "posh" area, nothing less than 22 plate and EV to boot for residents 🤑🤑🤑🤑 so strange to see it there 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Style is classless though, you either have it or not.............................. ;):D

• Haha 1

• Moderators

As it happened I was just out in the Coupe this saffy near the Coupe I saw a couple or so days back..its actually in the cheaper end of the "posh" bit 😄😄😄

It a two litre version in purple, not green ( must get that specsavers appointment) tidy, low miles, but badges on the offside back missing.

20230705-151820.jpg

According to the mot history it's really good and only does about a 1000 miles a year for last few years..just 67k at the last mot.

Oh, look, there's another Coupe in front of it !! Wonder who owns that one 😜

20230705-151849.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

It a two litre version in purple, not green ( must get that specsavers appointment)

Last time i went to Specsavers, i was told "You definitely need them - this is a greengrocers!"

Now when i visit the opticians, i ask for a pound of carrots and a pound of onions, just to be on the safe side!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

As it happened I was just out in the Coupe this saffy near the Coupe I saw a couple or so days back..its actually in the cheaper end of the "posh" bit 😄😄😄

It a two litre version in purple, not green ( must get that specsavers appointment) tidy, low miles, but badges on the offside back missing.

20230705-151820.jpg

According to the mot history it's really good and only does about a 1000 miles a year for last few years..just 67k at the last mot.

Oh, look, there's another Coupe in front of it !! Wonder who owns that one 😜

20230705-151849.jpg

Ooh purple one's 😎 

We need to create a H6 calling card to leave and gather in these loose one's 😁

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1
  • Haha 1

My street also features the green/purple combo, though both 3l Coupes - the ‘99 purple is mine 116k miles, whereas the ‘01 Green on 62k is the one that inspired my purchase.
Learned recently that the owner of the green one (since ‘04) had died unexpectedly, so his widow needs to find a new home for it. 

The car was mot’d in March, at same time as major service at Honda (belts, plugs, filters, fluids etc costing £1500.)

Anyone on the forum know of anyone able to offer an exceptional Coupe a good home? Reckon anything over £2k would secure it.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Passed by the purple 2 litre again this morning whilst on work duty, parked in the same place as last time so I suspect it probably lives around there...

Two hundred yards up the road was this too.!!

20230729-131711.jpg

• Clap Hands 1

• Site Subscriber’s

A couple spotted today at festival of the unexceptional...

J7rPVvy.jpg
7okLd06.jpg
CGKVUW1.jpg
5TJyfTO.jpg

Gold was a 2.0 and the purple was a v6, don't recognise the reg's, not anybody on here are they?

Amazing event btw, unbelievable turnout and the weather held too, will post a few more pictures elsewhere in a few days :)

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Site Subscriber’s

There is a green one hiding somewhere in Torbay, possibly Brixham, with the gold plated badges. I've never seen it parked up and only being driven around the area. There's clearly around 170 on the road at the moment, but not that many on this forum, I'm thinking.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 7/21/2023 at 3:48 PM, PTR200S said:

Encountered the purple 2 litre again , this time driving !!!!!

And the red 2 litre as well !!

In the Elysion so didn't wave....need those H6nda cards !!!

Wonder if this is the purple S reg reported by Andy in August 2021 ???  Seems to about about the Southport area....as it happened I was working in the Southport town centre today on a commercial build, nipped out to Elly to get something and the X reg gold Coupe,  X816 , turned right in front of me, looks really tidy...at least from twenty feet away 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Founding Member
3 hours ago, PTR200S said:

I wish 😛 !!!!!!

Had a good break then ? What's the weather like. ??

Lovely break thank you. Staying with my brother and his partner and just feels home from home. Weather has been a mix between overcast with very occasional “mizzle” and sun……could’ve been a tad warmer but we’ve had 3 good full days on the beach. Cornwall is a funny place for changeable weather

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Site Subscriber’s
On 8/28/2023 at 10:32 PM, AhsyV6 said:

Lovely break thank you. Staying with my brother and his partner and just feels home from home. Weather has been a mix between overcast with very occasional “mizzle” and sun……could’ve been a tad warmer but we’ve had 3 good full days on the beach. Cornwall is a funny place for changeable weather

Those Cornish are a funny race of people. And you pay to leave, via the bridge, not to enter. So that keeps them all in one place. Jam on first as well. Shocking.

• Like 2