Subscriptions & Donations ×

Any Accord Coupes out there Spotted or Featured?

Cryistic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Founding Member

Ooo, well spotted.  It's like in the 'olden days' when the AA man doffed his cap to a member.  It's nice when another owner spots you too and flashes his headlights, instils a sense of comaraderie between other coupe enthusiasts.  :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Moderators

There's loads round my neck of the woods, predominantly American owned and they don't really get on here. Several Legends too, some very strange Accords (like a V6 saloon i got a photo of a while back), several Dodge Chargers (both saloon and coupe) and a few Challengers, many Mustangs, Dodge Durangos, Jeeps in various forms, a few Dodge RAMs, Chevy Luminas (better known to us as the Vauxhall Monaro) and a whole host of "yank tanks".

Because the Accord coupes are American owned, if they get PCS'd (posted somewhere new) they have to sell them in a hurry so a lot of them end up in the local scrapyard which is pretty sad really. That said it usually means if someone needs something i can go and see if it's available.

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Brilliant. Surprised a TV company hasn't done a Wheeler Dealer type show over there just on the American cars. There's a thought, just ringing the BBC to put it to them. Me and you could be presenters Dave, I would be James May, which one wouldl you be?  :D

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice.  Couple of things struck me:

1) Steering wheel hifi controls:  are they wired in or is that a remote control system?

2) The front side lights seem very bright (about 7 mins in).  Mine are much dimmer. 

3) Quite a discrepancy between the speedo and the projected digital speed on the screen. 

4) The petrol light came on when the horses were working hard!  Ha ha.

• Like 1

• Founding Member

I believe there was an option on some coupes to have a Bose head unit, CD changer in the boot and steering wheel controls?  I stand to be corrected.  I used to have these controls on my old 6th Gen SE Exec. 

Those HUD units are coolio I think.  Bear in mind though that the cars speedo will always show a slightly higher speed (not much, just a few MPH) than you're actually going, they're calibrated to always show a higher speed and NEVER a lower speed, I believe.  Next time you look at your sat nav, have a look at the GPS speed compared to the speedometer, the actual GPS speed will be slightly less.

Regarding the petrol light, I looks like he was already running low before he hammered the 'go' pedal and the extra fuel he used tripped it over the edge!!

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • Founding Member

Well, Mrs Geoff's Civic passed the MOT earlier this morning, NO ADVISORIES....again.  ;)  Happy Days.  So that's the coupe and the Civic both MOT'd for another year.  On the drive back from the MOT place I noticed a blue X Reg V6 coupe waiting to pull out.  I didn't know there was another one local to me and my plan was if he stopped anywhere, like the newsagents, I was going to pull over and direct him to the forum but he didn't stop.  :rolleyes:

So, when I'm out locally I keep my beady eye peeled for the blue coupe and follow him.  :ph34r:

• Like 3

• Administrators

I've had a couple of instances in the shuttle grrr, :rolleyes: so keep your eyes peeled Geoff and try a restrain yourself regards how clean your MOT was :lol:

Mentioning MOT's I've noticed the scrap rate has slowed thanks to steel being so cheap (thank-you china) so a couple of hundred spent getting through a MOT is more viable than selling it for 35-65 squid which is nothing towards buying another car and would barely cover a tank of fuel :huh: so hopefully it saves a few more coupes in process and we get that opportunity to talk to owners that don't know about the club yet :D

• Like 3