Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Founding Member
4 hours ago, PTR200S said:

That looks fantastic,  brilliant  !!!

Cordless powerwash ? Interesting concept, so definitely worthwhile from what you say.

Does the sadist khunt ulez expansion affect you then ??

Thank you as always.

The cordless pressure wash definitely has its place and is an excellent solution for my circumstances. It doesn’t blast away mud from the arches but has a good go at it. I don’t mind going to the petrol station jet wash and spending £1-£2 every month to blast the arches. 

Also I have 2-3 parking spaces to myself when I wash the coupe and it’s so chilled and therapeutic. 

We live 1 mile inside junction Junction 25 of the M25……need I say anymore?!?!?!

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, AhsyV6 said:

We live 1 mile inside junction Junction 25 of the M25……need I say anymore?!?!?!

Sheesh, what a bummer, 😭😭😭

What are you going to do if the Khanistan Kingdom Expansion doesn’t get stopped by the resistance by the few councils and the majority of the public in the outer zone???

• Like 1

• Founding Member
5 hours ago, PTR200S said:

What are you going to do if the Khanistan Kingdom Expansion doesn’t get stopped by the resistance by the few councils and the majority of the public in the outer zone???

Still undecided if I’ll keep it as a second car. Budget is tight and I’m considering a 2008 Lexus 450H.

There’s a little glimmer of hope inside me that this expansion will be reversed but then o come down to reality. What gets me is that there’s nothing in the mainstream media about all his dodgy antics around this entire process! It’s just on youtube. Anyway we’ll see. 

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Does the hybrid Lexus get round the ULEZ stealth tax Ahsy?

Go careful when you buy one (if you do) as they are prone to wishbone bushes failing and bad corrosion on the rear end/chassis/sills etc. Wishbone bushes are only available as a complete assembly, i think there are aftermarket ones but from Toyota/Lexus are £Eye-wateringly OUCH!

No doubt Sadist Khan will have his house raided along the lines of Wee Jimmy Krankie and her husband in Scotland, much skullduggery seems to have gone on with money while he's been in power in London.

You've probably looked into this idea and/or it wouldn't make any difference, but what about moving outside the M25 and changing your job so you didn't have to go into the ULEZ area?

Could probably keep your Honda then and quite possibly reduce other costs on a weekly basis.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AhsyV6 said:

Still undecided if I’ll keep it as a second car. Budget is tight and I’m considering a 2008 Lexus 450H.

There’s a little glimmer of hope inside me that this expansion will be reversed but then o come down to reality. What gets me is that there’s nothing in the mainstream media about all his dodgy antics around this entire process! It’s just on youtube. Anyway we’ll see. 

You have done a good job preserving and looking after your coupe, it would be a shame to sell it over this ULEZ zone. If you have the space I would just sorn it, it is too good to get rid off.

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally replaced n/s front caliper pistons. Only a short journey to local car shop (only to find out it was closed) was enough to have smoke billowing out of my wheel arch. Not a good look.

Some serious hard pressing on the pedal to free the larger of the two. Cleaned up, lubed up, lots of swearing regarding seating the rubber boots and all back together. Just needs proper bleeding and top up 🤞

• Like 2

• Moderators

Today saw the start of the underbody clean up after all the winter 💩💩💩💩 build up.

I thought I might have enough time to do the rear wheel arches, inner lips especially,  where all the rear arch and rear sill corrosion starts . ..so that's where I began.  Full underbody will need a weekend on and off.

The inner lips of the rear arches don't look that bad, best pics I can get but after a full clean the Bilt Hamber UB was applied.  Just two coats today applied from the BH spray can as I didn't really have enough time for the Shultz gun version.

They don't look too bad but there is corrosion beginning to appear, not much so I hope I can catch it.

20230413-162615.jpg

20230413-162522.jpg

20230413-162644.jpg

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Today..... wash and brush up, took out my winter protective floor mats,   then,,,,,,

I just drove it !! 

Lovely run in the warmth of the sun, nearly 15C 🤣

So smooth with a few doses of " yehaa,  vtec, bro "  😍😍😍😍😍😍

.....and the suspension doesn't clang !! 😜😜😜😜😜😜

• Clap Hands 2

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Today was wash day, some weeks, maybe a couple of months it's been gathering all sorts of poop...pterodactyl size stuff, road dust, field dirt because its been so dry...

With yet another hot day and no rain despite last nights forecast, I had to leave it until 8pm tonight but at least Greenie looks half decent now...so I had to go and do Elly as well...lot more metal in that...now I have been asked why didn't the Jazz get a bath ?

I was pooped too,  as it were....

Still the Coupe is shiny again...need to tackle the door shuts tomorrow and vac the inside.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

now I have been asked why didn't the Jazz get a bath ?

My response under those circumstances would have been "because you stayed inside while i was washing the other two - you could have come and washed the Jazz!" :P

Both of mine are fairly clean at the moment thanks to giving the new pressure washer a test run the other day........

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

The Coupe  got the door shuts, boot and bonnet stuff done today in between other jobs and a run out on the Street. Full fluid check, all OK,  as expected apart from washer fluid 😂

Tomorrow is a full interior clean..hopefully it won't be as hot as today, working inside the Coupe rear end is a nightmare in hot weather 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also managed to bath the Jazz AND clean up the headlights with the restorer, looked pretty good now .

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Today was "puncture day" , a day to celebrate,  not !!!

Turned right out of a T junction and heard the front left ping something out from the tyre..thought it was a stone.

Parked up a couple of miles up to get some shopping,  came back, set off, no problem..mini roundabout turned right leaning on the front left again..another ping ,,.bigger this time and immediate loss of steering due to a COMPLETELY flat tyre...bugger, my newish tyres too. 🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

20230717-115541.jpg

20230717-115533.jpg

And the result....

20230717-115552.jpg

• Confused 2

• Moderators
On 7/17/2023 at 1:20 PM, Laird_Scooby said:

That looks like it came from the inside! At least it's repairable though..........

You don't know how right you were !!!! And wrong 😭

Just had the tyre taken off, its trashed the inner walls with a chunk of bolt and because I had to run it flat for a few hundred yards, albeit slowly, it's done it no favours at all....its feked.

I think this trend to soft tyre walls is a big problem. 

New tyre in March due to a sidewall puncture, now another puncture, and another new tyre 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬, tyre price up ten quid too. Step up, Mr C Card.

• Sad 2

• Founding Member

Any idea how the bolt got in the tyre?  Was it through the centre of the tread where the remains showed?

I had a similar problem with one of my Nokian winter tyres last year -nothing inside and repairable puncture, but interior bad sidewall damage from a very brief period of running flat... New tyre for me too....

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1
  • grrrr 1

• Moderators

One of the punctures i had on the Jag a few months ago also scuppered the tyre - i literally only moved it a couple of feet to be able to position the jack to change the wheel! :o

Had the puncture repaired and then a huge carbuncle appeared on the sidewall/shoulder area - this should have appeared when they inflated it to check and i'm fairly sure it did but i wasn't close enough to be certain.

Temporarily bought a used one as i knew i was getting a complete set of new tyres in the not too distant future..........

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, PaulS said:

Any idea how the bolt got in the tyre?  Was it through the centre of the tread where the remains showed?

I had a similar problem with one of my Nokian winter tyres last year -nothing inside and repairable puncture, but interior bad sidewall damage from a very brief period of running flat... New tyre for me too....

Yes, looks like the roofing bolt went in through the tread, sudden deflation, later on,  tore the end off, and the short run of a few hundred yards on a flat tyre, to get it off the main road to a safe area, destroyed the walls.

I recall running on flat tyres a lot of years ago didn't result in sidewall damage like this, like I said, the trend to soft walls.......arrggghh. 

• Sad 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

One of the punctures i had on the Jag a few months ago also scuppered the tyre - i literally only moved it a couple of feet to be able to position the jack to change the wheel! :o

What irks me is that a flat tyre run for just a few yards destroys the sidewall. 

This means that a sudden flat blowout at 30moh,  or less, or more,  means the tyre is a goner....

Are they fit for purpose ?  A nail through the tread is repairable but if it results in a sudden loss of air the sidewalls can't withstand even a few revolutions without damage...not good enough. 

There is no point in saying a tyre is repairable with an object through the tread if it can't stand a few revolutions before coming to a halt.

• Clap Hands 1