Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

There are certain cars that just beg to have clear indicators and side repeaters, the Accord Coupe is one of them, no matter what the paint colour.

Other cars they can spoil the looks by fitting clear units if the cars are the wrong colour. That said, if they're the right colour will enhance them no end.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

After nearly four months of Coupe drought I decided to go open up Greenie and get her fired up.

First check was on the battery, which I disconnected when the car came off the road...12.59 volts still so no problem.

Quick check on the engine bits / fluid, nothing dropped off so I wound it over..fired on first pull with no hesitation,  ran like a good 'un as they say around here !!

Disks were a bit rusty and I was worried the calipers might have stuck but after the initial twang as they let go they were fine,  some left foot braking, throttle on , cleared the rust.. handbrake had been left off whilst it was standing so no probs there. 

Just got to clear the flies, oven cooked, and the spiders / webs out of the interior, a serious leather feed and it should be good to go...oh, and fix the heater display which is doing the same as it did 18 months ago, or so, it won't stay on.  Drop the tyre pressures too, pumped to 40 psi whilst it's been sat sitting .

The intention is to be back on the road come October , funds permitting,  running in conjunction with the Elysion until end of October when the van will probably be off the road whilst I fix the centre drive shaft bearing issue.

Might just have the Coupe on the road from the beginning of October through to sprng next year, sometime, again funds permitting. 

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 2

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Great to hear the coupe will be out an about early next month, I need to take mine out for a spirited spin soon...

Yeah, it will be good to get out in it again, it's got some paint issues from the last time time it was tapped up the rear with some cracking evident on the bumper plus a few more dents from its enforced work based daily runner for seven months whilst Elly was being fixed in the bodyshop..😱😱😭😭😭😭😭

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Today I taxed it !!  £360 😱😱😭😭😭

Ready to roll tomorrow morning when it will be pressed into service on a small job... to pay for the tax in part 🙃

need to derust the brakes, too, which entails some speed testing 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, hughezee said:

I feel your pain on the tax, especially as project bolders is cheaper.🤨

Yep, really annoying that a tax regime is at a different level based on the time of registration ...yet same engine.

I wonder if there is a possibility of using the date of manufacture.......like historic stuff.

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Yep, really annoying that a tax regime is at a different level based on the time of registration ...yet same engine.

UK 6th Gen Accord 1.8, 2.0, 2.2, 2.3 of the same vintage also get shafted the same and not forgetting the 2.0 Coupe. 😮

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'm home !!! Just love that induction growl  !!!

Went out first thing this morning, checked tyres, back two down slightly  front, well the dust caps have seized onto the valves on the front wheels. Looked OK so sprayed the offending items and left it then got on the main road having cleaned the disks off, turned radio on....fark,  it needs the code !! No tunes today!!!

Hmm, getting stuffy in here, checked display on climate control, gone blank, as it did a year or so ago. Pressing and holding auto brings the display up and starts the compressor.  It was OK for a while then turned itself off completely...drove with the window open 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Other than that it ran brilliantly with smooth gear changes.

Arrived home, twenty feet away and the climate control came back on...well that's when I noticed it 🙃🙃🙃

Managed to remove one valve cap but the other won't let go, sprayed some more bilt hamber at it and left it...got three wheels checked though, ceratec the valve threads now.

Did I mention the induction growl ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just got to check all fluids now, petrol tank still had half left in it though so a bonus, sort of !!!

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Well that didn't go well...can't get the remaining valve cap off the tyre valve...

No problem,  cut it off I thought....so cut the end off the cap , sprayed some more release stuff and left it to check other bits like the reg plate that has come loose 🤔🙄🙄

Back to the valve , tried to twist off and squashed the end of the actual valve, completely buggered...

Tomorrows job, visit tyre place 🤑🤑🤑, not running around on a space saver  !!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Even running around in the Coupe for last few days, did I mention the growl??? 🤣      Elly not so much...

The climate control display has gone back to normal except for this morning,  early on , bit cold maybe ? It turned itself off.  A prod on the auto button and hold down for a few seconds restores it to normal and its been OK for the rest of today......really odd..

My new ali dust caps arrived today, Ceretec and on..

Got a bit of a clang on start up, again, I think the top engine mount might be getting worse, that's on the list for tomorrow. 

Other than that it's running great,,,,,did I mention the growl 🙄

• Like 3

• Founding Member
16 hours ago, hughezee said:

Went out last night for a coupe cruise and off for another shortly 😁 and the coupe is on daily duties following the oddy incident today.🙃

Let me know if the cruise brings you to North London????

• Like 3

• Moderators

Today was fix the trim around the drivers door again,  five years after I fixed the last time !

More importantly was clean the carpet mats, the worst one being the drivers one but it came out OK I reckon..

20221026-162951.jpg

It's in drying mode here !!

Just used a stiff brush to get the worst off, vacced it then some spray carpet cleaner and a damp cloth..

OK, it's a bit worn but came out not to bad.....and it smells better !!

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1