Subscriptions & Donations ร—

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Moderators

Had another ps partial fluid change this morning,ย  looking clear of bits but discoloured . Nice new Honda ps fluid in now... been a while since last partial change but improves everytime its done.

Gearbox oil looked a bit low...wasn't fully warmed up or stone cold so will check again when cold I think.

Brake fluid has stayed solidly on the full mark since the disaster with the burst brake line so happy with that.

Tyres dropped 2psi all round, got to be the cold weather again.ย 

Might just wash it ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›

• Like 4

• Site Subscriberโ€™s
33 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Had another ps partial fluid change this morning,ย  looking clear of bits but discoloured . Nice new Honda ps fluid in now... been a while since last partial change but improves everytime its done.

Gearbox oil looked a bit low...wasn't fully warmed up or stone cold so will check again when cold I think.

Brake fluid has stayed solidly on the full mark since the disaster with the burst brake line so happy with that.

Tyres dropped 2psi all round, got to be the cold weather again.ย 

Might just wash it ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›

I've put off so many jobs lately until the weather gets warmer. What a pussy. Then when it does warm up, we end up doing stuff and going places, and so it goes on......

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

5 hours ago, Chrismas said:

I've put off so many jobs lately until the weather gets warmer. What a pussy. Then when it does warm up, we end up doing stuff and going places, and so it goes on......

Just like having crackers and cheese, it is never ending.ย  When you've eaten your last cracker, there's always a bit of cheese left, so you get another cracker. But there's not enough cheese for the whole cracker, so you end up cutting another piece.ย  But then it ends up being too big for the remaining cracker, so you reach out for another cracker.ย  Etc, etc...... ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

To all you "pussy" people........

It was warm and sunny today !!!!ย 

Well, relatively warm, that is ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Managed to do allsorts of stuff at home, even swmbo was impressed.....well sort of !! ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Just struggling with the hub nut on the Elysion,ย  broke out into a sweat it was so warm ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜

• Haha 2

• Founding Member

Put me down in the wimps category too...ย ย ย  I will do stuff outside when it is desperately needed, but with a couple of other cars available, why bother getting frozen unless it is desperate....

ย 

And lucky Pete - it was raining inย  Manchester today.ย  Has done each day this week ....

• Haha 3

• Moderators

Another dry day today, ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช, the Coupe got a good wash and dry, into all its crevices.ย  Amazing how much poop gathers in the drop window rubbers !! Plus green everywhere,ย  on a green car ๐Ÿ™ƒ

No polishing of the Coupe today, but did give the silver 06 plate Jazz a good washing instead ...

Even managed to take pic late today, going up to a car meet tomorrow in it ๐Ÿ˜›

20230204-161820.jpg

• Like 4

• Founding Member

After a handful of battery charges on Bluey over the last 12 months, I decided it was high time to change the battery. After gawking at the inflated original Honda battery prices, I decided to follow Stuโ€™s advice and order an aftermarket one he recommended. Iโ€™m always happy to just order stuff he recommends as it always fits properly and works perfectly. Some pictures below.ย 
I also took the opportunity to get leaves and debris out from around the air filter. It was a damp day, so I stopped short of using wax seal for fear of sealing moisture in.

ย 

FB65C64F-5895-4AF2-823F-F2B75F7CC2CD.jpeg

919664DC-C6CE-4FFB-93F3-22D811F14CA9.jpeg

844218CA-6C3B-4549-AD95-73ABF74C78D7.jpeg

8211A01B-8805-4A9E-AB2D-A7B5DA57A71D.jpeg

F3268F56-ABBF-432C-B72F-B0BBC5C5BDB2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Looks in very good condition under that battery ๐Ÿ‘

Did you get the battery locally or use someone like Tayna batteries?? They have particularly good deals sometimes.

Are those rad brackets original? In very good condition,ย  need to refurb mine I think, I appear to be letting the side down ๐Ÿ˜›

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Coupe fluid check and tyres this morning after the bath yesterday.ย 

Apart from tyres being down around 1psi, probably temperature fluctuations all fluids present and correct.

Not a drop of anything used,ย  apart from washer fluid, I was a little concerned with brake fluid after the pipe burst a while back but everything still holding nicely.

The mot is due soon so the next job is to crawl around underneath when I am feeling brave ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Site Subscriberโ€™s
On 2/12/2023 at 9:57 AM, PTR200S said:

Did you get the battery locally or use someone like Tayna batteries?? They have particularly good deals sometimes.

Are those rad brackets original? In very good condition,ย  need to refurb mine I think, I appear to be letting the side down ๐Ÿ˜›

The brackets are fairly chunky and unlikely to rust through completely, but the rubber grommet mounts looks like they have shrunk, mine are the same. This could cause a bit of vibration (dampened by those rubbers), but still could provide a wobble. Can you get replacements easily?

• Like 3

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Chrismas said:

The brackets are fairly chunky and unlikely to rust through completely, but the rubber grommet mounts looks like they have shrunk, mine are the same. This could cause a bit of vibration (dampened by those rubbers), but still could provide a wobble. Can you get replacements easily?

The mounts are like that by design as some movement is required to prevent fracturing of the coolant hose connections.ย ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 5

• Founding Member
On 2/12/2023 at 9:57 AM, PTR200S said:

The battery was from the battery group online supplier. Just ordered it and two days later it arrived. Well packaged and fitted great. As for the brackets, as far as I know theyโ€™re original, unless Stu swapped them out at some point ๐Ÿคฃ

• Like 3

• Moderators

Another good brush and wash up today...managed some wet wax too, until the warmer ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ weather gets here. It gives it a bit of protection anyway.

Windows got a thorough cleaning inside and out with the outsides getting a good cleaning with rain dispersant.ย  Tyres got a 303 doing and the inside got a good clean to all the plastics....

Need to clean the interior leather and feed it too but another job for the warmer days.

All fluids good although I did note a slight drop in the header tank...need to get the front end up and check that radiator clip on the bottom hose as discussed on the other thread.

Even the boot got a clean out of all tools and other stuff, bit of a vacuum as well...

Whilst doing the inside I remembered to check the sunroof operation and seal, looks good but again it needs a proper check in the , ermmm, warmer weather ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃย 

So, all ready for a classic car and bike meet tomorrow morning.. yeaaaahaaa, spring is a coming !!!

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

Yes warmer weather would be just the ticket. Having considered the options with regard to the lack of mot & the things that need attention to get it roadworthy again I relocated my car to a driveway several miles away but importantly I can declare it off the road (to the dvla) & go & work on it whenever I want & most importantly have access to running water & a kettle. Thereโ€™s a lot of cleaning & fettling to be done & the ability to grab a brew when needed will help no end. It wasnโ€™t cheap to get it moved but because the tax had run out I couldnโ€™t risk it being impounded. Not only that but itโ€™s now in the same town where Iโ€™ve found a firm who can remake any hydraulic pipe I take them. So I guess all in all a good day with my Honda coupe.ย 

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 2

Very good to see that there is so much good work still being done on mighty Coupes. Amazingly my example still survives and preparations for its 21st MOT are under way. Warmer weather would help however I did grab a recent warmer spell to do engine oil and filter change together with a partial gearbox fluid change. Got me thinking about the Magnefine filter I fitted some 3 years ago. So when weather permits I intend to fit the replacement that arrived yesterday, ยฃ27 courtesy of ebay. When completed I intend to cut the old one open to see what it has caught. I would be most grateful to hear from anyone who has done this previously. In particular how to prevent cutting swarf contaminating the evidence.

• Like 4

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Jon said:

When completed I intend to cut the old one open to see what it has caught. I would be most grateful to hear from anyone who has done this previously. In particular how to prevent cutting swarf contaminating the evidence.

The trick is to cut about 1mm into the capped end with a hacksaw and cut the remaining plastic with a knife.

ย 

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 2

• Moderators

Bit more cleaning on Greenie today, trying to get the field mud off the bottom and out of the arches. Another wash of the body later today ready for the mot tomorrow,ย  gulp !!!

Still not tackled the leather cleaning/ nourishment...need that smell back in my lifeย ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Like 2