Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

On a few other sites/forums they have had a: "What Have You Done To Your Car Today..." thread.  

Sometimes people/members find it easier than starting a thread, and are also more likely to post on the Forum.

Obviously other Member just add onto the Thread with their own contributions.

If this is not wanted or deemed correct just please delete it and let me know. I apologise in advance aswell. :)

Anyway, I thought I would get the ball rolling, so to speak.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I decided to fit a Blitz SUS Filter - I know not the tidiest, and I know it's in the Engine Bay, but at least it is worth a try because it cannot be worse than the seriously restrictive Airbox paraphernalia! We will see and then I might make it more permanent. :) (Apologies about the filthy Engine Compartment - will get around to cleaning it soon). :(

nj6hhVx.jpg

Also I ordered some MTEC Bulbs that arrived today, but will have to hold off fitting them until it is a bit dryer. (I hate this weather!).

I had them fitted to my e46 and they were brilliant...!! :D Anyway can only be an improvement from whatever is in there now! Glowworms of note.... :(

sW23dyA.jpg

Has anybody else tried these??

And that's me for today. ;)

• Moderators

Nice thread Bill - i'm sure we had something similar on the original forum host/server/whatever it's called (software is NOT my strong point!!! :lol: ), Stu could say for sure but some threads didn't "teleport over" correctly to the new host and consequently were lost and/or forgotten.

As for me - i've just driven mine and pondered about whether to fit the other OMVL R90e vapouriser that i have sitting around due to some strange things happening with the one currently fitted. If you think i've taken leave of my senses and there shouldn't be a vapouriser in a car, it's part of the LPG conversion i did a few months back :

Driving it counts as doing something though! ;):D Doesn't it??? :huh:

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Well....I will start a new thread soon called Coupe HUD and change my name to Maverick aka Top Gun.  I love gadgets and have been after one for a while.  So off to fleabay I went, won via auction only to find that the blooming thing was kaput, despite it being powered on for 10 miles, it just didn't work...so I've sent it back.  Forum Member Edwin (who too loves his gadgets) put me into a cracking version that I'm expecting anytime from Amazon.

Next thing I need to do is change a cluster bulb (again) and when it stops raining, give Purple a right good waxing! ;)

Oh and Stu's fitting a new dizzy and rotor imminently, mines been on since 1998 so it's had a good innings. 

• Like 3

• Administrators

Bill its all good mate ;) good idea on a blog thread idea the project threads work well already and retain a more personal feel to members cars.. Although we do have a blog feature, maybe I should investigate and invite members to use it e.g random shots of there efforts that don't warrant a full page article :lol:

• Like 3

Yesterday I removed the Window Tinting on the Driver's and Passenger side Windows - now I can see at night...!!! And in my mind just looks better. :)

The Tinting was relatively easy to remove - the Glue was another story. Took me best part of 2 hours using the correct materials aswell! :(

Zk3eNGU.jpg

Then today I got into Polishing Mode. I had already had the car hand washed at the Local Wavescarwash - which was free after 5 washes anyway. They do a fantastic job and I like the fact that they use Auto Glym Product. So that saved some extra work - yes, lazy I know, but considering I was going to polish afterwards I don't feel so bad.... ;)

Anyway, took me a good 2 -3 hours working in the shade at about 6*C - but I still managed to work up a sweat! I lay down the polish on the whole car first and then let it cure for about 30 minutes. But of course where I started had been sitting for more than over an hour by then. I find it better this way, and they do recommend it anyway.

Quite pleased with the overall results - I think if it had been warmer it would have been better. But I don't have the benefit of a heated garage... :( About 15*C is best. (Surface Temp).

I think after a coupe of washes and quick detailing it'll look better. (And before anyone says, I don't like using Clay - sorry).

Here's a few shots - sadly in the shade, so no great gleaming shots I'm afraid. :(

G65REhm.jpg

GOrKGpC.jpg

4aH46f8.jpg

YlP0vc2.jpg

8xjLKpn.jpg

The left-hand Headlight was a bit faded and not as clear as the other so I used some Auto Glym Paint Renovator on it and it came up nicely! :D

UM5RF8k.jpg?2

xf9GdS8.jpg?2

That's it folks..... Now just waiting for the Spoiler :D:D:D 

Thanks for looking.

• Moderators

You're welcome Bill - just please don't ask me how i know about the leather feed before cleaning problems! :blush::lol:

You've done a lovely job polishing yours up there though, keep up the good work!

I've not forgotten about the spoiler, still not too well and shattered after driving to an from the MoT station yesterday! Also the temperature round here isn't helping, currently -5C and dropping! :o

12 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

You're welcome Bill - just please don't ask me how i know about the leather feed before cleaning problems! :blush::lol:

You've done a lovely job polishing yours up there though, keep up the good work!

I've not forgotten about the spoiler, still not too well and shattered after driving to an from the MoT station yesterday! Also the temperature round here isn't helping, currently -5C and dropping! :o

No rush about the Spoiler - I was only stating in passing. ;) I think it will be an improvement though.

It's only 1*C here at the mo.... But it's still tucked-up in bed...lol. :D (Yes, I know it has some creases - hasn't been used since the Rover 75 days). :(

R8okYgI.jpg 

7 minutes ago, AhsyV6 said:

That paint looks in lovely condition Bill.....solid reflection with a decent gloss finish. Nice job.

Need to ask why don't you like clay? 

Thank you, you're too kind...

Saw one nightmare when someone used it - I know most probably a one-off - that was enough for me. (Scratched to buggery!).

• Founding Member

I know what you mean....however used correctly it gives amazing results and the perfect base for polishing and protecting your paint. 

I did a detailing demo at the forum meet at Stus. I started off with the clay mitt and the members will agree that the finish was flawless and literally like glass. 

I also did my brothers 318i:

p

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Ive used a Dodo Juice clay sponge on my old S2000, it was very easy to use as long as you kept it wet, just a quick swill in a bucket with some car shampoo between passes over the paintwork.

lve done nowt on my coupe for months, I dont even check the oil more than once every 3 or 4 months as she never uses a drop and its faultlessly reliable.

• Like 3

Well.....

I thought I would be clever and imaginative yesterday and spray the Grill, (in situ) - BIG MISTAKE! Whatever was in the Plastic did not like the paint at all...!! So today I HAD to remove it. It wasn't too bad because I remembered I had bought on of these little Gadgets a few years ago to remove the Rover 75 Seats:

RolstonOffsetDriver_zps96eba913.jpg~orig

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was easy - but it wasn't that bad either. :) (Although it baffles me as to why it needs 4 screws on the bottom when it more or less clips in anyway...??? Anyway, spent most of the morning removing the paint - luckily that wasn't too bad either - IPA did the trick... :) Sorted!!!

Then I went about fitting the 2 Rockford-Fosgate 6x9's I bought - sadly the Adapter Sockets didn't quite fit so had to modify them a bit - annoying.

jZoWTaP.jpg

But happy with the new presence coming from the rear deck now.

The speakers that came out were still the original Mexico 15watt jobbies. Which were OK really, just lacking tops.

So that was a good 5-6 hours of messing around - enjoyed it. :D

Now just the Spoiler...... :D Pulling your leg Dave...lol....

'night from moi... ;)

On a roll here - actually I generally use this the most and find it the easiest to use and to be quite honest, one of the best aswell..!

I had only run out because you cannot always get it, and when you can it normally retails for around £11-£13 but I found this at www.polishedbliss.co.uk for only £8.00 Delivered - Bargain! (Actually all their prices include delivery)! 

7z7Tv6z.jpg

Just a follow-up on the Oil Filter saga....

I eventually received the what I consider the 'Correct' Filter, and strangely enough it was the cheapest at £3 odd...

All the measurements are correct as described. So an Oil/Filter change/flush/fill is on the cards next! :)

Nah, I'll wait until a nice sunny day which as I understand it is not on the cards for quite a while - and definitely not on Sunday, supposed to be blowing a hooly down here!

Oh, and I decided to order 4.55lts of ATF-U to see if that will smoothen out the changes. I reckon it don't like this DW1 crap! t9409.gif

Hi chaps....

Well, I decided to 'Bite the Bullet' and get some new Rubber all-round. I really did not like what was on there and they just made the car feel a little un-balanced. And I'm glad I did as one in particular had been run-flat and was actually falling apart...!!!  t3601.gif

Also the 2 front tyres although looked OK one was 10 years old and the other 5 years old.t2102.gif

Anyway, I decided to fit 4 new Nexen N8000 235/40x18's. I heard a lot of really good reports of them fitted to relatively high performance/big cars with comparisons to Conti's and Dunlops.... t2102.gif

And at £250.00 for 4 fitted is a real steal. I looked online and saw that Camskill were selling them for £50.00 each so I quoted these figures to my local Formula-1 and they said they would match the price plus fitting (12.50 each). So you cannot really complain. :) Also it saved having to order and then wait and then still having to lug them down to a fitters. 

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s322p124879/Nexen_Tyres_Car_Nexen_N8000_Nexen_N_8000_-_235_40_R18_95Y_XL_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_B_NoiseClass%3A_3_Noise%3A_74dB

The car feels so much more 'planted' now! Not only that I like to know what I'm riding on. Paranoid I know. :(

Also gave the car a good wash and a quick 'detail' polish with the old A-G Rapid Detailer and Fast Glass.... Nice and therapeutic. :)

Took some photo's aswell.... Don't worry you'll get used to it...lol. :D

O7iSSkl.jpg

3oOoEES.jpg  (Shame about the kerbing on this one :( ).

oS88tRB.jpg?1

L7hdEpF.jpg (Love how the Bonnet flows).

uEYHvqj.jpg (Looks the business!).

That's enough I think before you chaps get too excited... :D:D