Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

On 12/15/2023 at 5:15 PM, hughezee said:

Nice work 👍

Thank you

On 12/15/2023 at 6:04 PM, PaulS said:

Your new suspension work looks lovely. But I guess you sweated buckets getting all those old rusty bolts undone...

Impact wrench was helpful but still needed few stitches on my finger after spanner slipped 🤣

On 12/15/2023 at 10:01 AM, PTR200S said:

Very smart 👍👍👍👍👍

Thank you 

• Like 2

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, jang said:

Advantage of being foreigner - you can shout whatever you like🤣

I can't always get away with that though as some of my (not quite next door) neighbours are biligual and/or multilingual - sometimes it's hard enough to understand their normal "English" as Americans use different words for many things - for example, we call it a "bum-bag", they call it a "fanny-pack". The list is endless and causes great confusion (and often comedy!)

3 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Your neighbours learned some (more) new swear words then?

My neigbours vocabulary has grown over the years for similar reasons! :P

1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

I can't always get away with that though as some of my (not quite next door) neighbours are biligual and/or multilingual - sometimes it's hard enough to understand their normal "English" as Americans use different words for many things - for example, we call it a "bum-bag", they call it a "fanny-pack". The list is endless and causes great confusion (and often comedy!)

Haha. I think I am safe swearing in my language as I believe am only  the one foreigner in the village 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Yesterday was a great ride out in the Coupe,  probably the last one this year, as of the end of the month it will be off the road, safe from the salt fairies 😡

Next job, today, tomorrow,  is a full wash and underbody clean, re Bilt Hamber the underside , discon the battery,  couple of dry bags inside...

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

safe from the salt fairies 😡

Evil entities! Salt fairies need to go and live somewhere else and make the car owners of that country worry instead! While they're at it the sunshine fairies can move in to take their paces here! :P

Would be quite happy to have 20C winters with plenty of sun and 35C summers............

• Haha 1

• Founding Member
On 12/23/2023 at 6:13 PM, PTR200S said:

How is it going?? Getting any further since the last report ??

Still not sorted the brakes, but more worryingly, the eccentric rotation of the drive shaft inner end which unless sorted will cause severe vibration at road speeds although OK whilst jacked up on my path.  Out of ideas on that one.... all suggestions welcome as it is at least 1" out of true

Had more than a few issues with my C240 that have sopped up time (and not much chance to do anything with our continual rain over the last 2 months....)

• Like 2

• Moderators

Today was a sad day, Declared Sorn on the Coupe....

It will be up for sale towards the end of February,  probably with a new mot although the current one doesn't expire until April. 

It has to go as it no longer fits in with my life duties and I can't afford to keep it as a total toy 😭 ..other vehicles will need to go too I think although currently Elly has had a reprieve so I will still be "Yo, Vtec" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Sad 4

• Moderators

That's the trouble, as big as the Coupe is and it's been working for its living, on and off , the Elysion is so much more useful with daily life as it is now.

I do miss the nimble response of the Coupe though, due to the lighter weight its much easier to chuck it around than the van 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

On 12/29/2023 at 2:20 PM, PTR200S said:

Today was a sad day, Declared Sorn on the Coupe....

It will be up for sale towards the end of February,  probably with a new mot although the current one doesn't expire until April. 

It has to go as it no longer fits in with my life duties and I can't afford to keep it as a total toy 😭 ..other vehicles will need to go too I think although currently Elly has had a reprieve so I will still be "Yo, Vtec" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can understand with everything being costly these days and at the same time with changes in life priorities. But can't you just put a cover on it, and let it sit and gather dust somewhere on the drive, until the interest and time comes back 🥲

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Harry93 said:

But can't you just put a cover on it, and let it sit and gather dust somewhere on the drive

If it's just a month or two that would be a good idea. However, i could be wrong but i think Petes life/priorities etc have changed so much it won't just be a few months at the most and to be honest, that would be unkind to the car, not to mention expensive to recommission afterwards.

Hopefully things will change back for him before he has to take a permanent decision though! ;) :D

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Harry93 said:

I can understand with everything being costly these days and at the same time with changes in life priorities. But can't you just put a cover on it, and let it sit and gather dust somewhere on the drive, until the interest and time comes back 🥲

I would like to do that but not practical under the current situation but I may have a new home for it with the SIL as the Honda Civic semi auto we bought earlier in the year is not really cutting the mustard..Downside is that I will still be looking after it but not driving it for my pleasure. 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Hopefully things will change back for him before he has to take a permanent decision though! ;) :D

Just possible if it goes to the SIL as it would be a stop gap for him...maybe six months or so...but the ved is the real killer.........if it was doing a lot of daily miles I could probably justify keeping it at the 400 quid tax.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Good clean up today, this weather is atrocious at the moment but a nice sunny interlude, no wind, today allowed a good wash of the exterior and a cursory inside removal of the bits required for daily living in a vehicle !!

Lifted the bonnet too, looks OK, bit of a clean and it's good to go.

20240104-132658.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...