Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Legend Projects or Purchase Suggestions "LINKS”

hughezee

• Moderators

Hmmm, missing number plate from front, (bumper refurb?) ....wheels don't look great, few mot advisories but still need attending to. a lot of car, lot of miles but think its over priced :( still, not as much as the other one !:wacko:

Would like another one though:blink:

• Like 2

• Moderators

Check the MOT history of a vehicle

Registration number: M233NJH

• Vehicle make HONDA
  • Vehicle model LEGEND
  • Date first used 31 December 1994
  • Fuel type Petrol
  • Colour Blue

MOT history of this vehicle

• Test date 24 August 2016
  • Expiry date 25 August 2017
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 119,128 miles
  • MOT test number 4322 3261 1198
  • Advisory notice item(s)
    Offside Front suspension has slight play in a upper suspension ball joint wishbone (2.5.B.1a)
    Offside Rear Upper Suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
    Nearside Outer Front constant velocity joint gaiter damaged, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.5.C.1a)
    Oil leak ()
  • Test date 18 August 2016
  • Test Result Fail
  • Odometer reading 119,123 miles
  • MOT test number 7906 0969 5322
  • Reason(s) for failure
    Registration plate lamp not working o/s and n/s (1.1.C.1d)
    Offside Inner Front constant velocity joint gaiter damaged to the extent that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt etc (2.5.C.1a)
    Offside Steering rack gaiter split (2.2.D.2d)
    Front Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm o/s and n/s (4.1.E.1)
    Nearside Front Outer Tyre has a bulge, caused by separation or partial failure of its structure (4.1.D.1b)
    Offside Front suspension has slight play in a upper suspension ball joint wishbone (2.5.B.1a)
    Offside Rear Upper Suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
    Nearside Outer Front constant velocity joint gaiter damaged, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.5.C.1a)
    Oil leak ()
  • Test date 1 August 2015
  • Expiry date 25 August 2016
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 114,644 miles
  • MOT test number 7697 4381 5237
    Oil leak
  • Test date 22 August 2014
  • Expiry date 25 August 2015
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 11,241 miles
  • MOT test number 7480 5433 4280
  • Test date 30 July 2013
  • Expiry date 25 August 2014
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 109,256 miles
  • MOT test number 1697 6131 3287
    Oil leak
    Rear suspension system corodded
  • Test date 24 July 2013
  • Test Result Fail
  • Odometer reading 109,250 miles
  • MOT test number 6288 1590 3271
  • Reason(s) for failure
    Nearside Front Steering rack gaiter split (2.2.D.2d)
    Nearside Rear Shock absorber has an excessively worn bush (2.7.4)
    Offside Rear Shock absorber has an excessively worn bush (2.7.4)
    Offside Front position lamp(s) not working (1.1.A.3b)
    Nearside Rear Registration plate lamp not working (1.1.C.1d)
    Oil leak
    Rear suspension system corodded
  • Test date 18 August 2012
  • Expiry date 25 August 2013
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 107,108 miles
  • MOT test number 5052 5123 2212
  • Test date 23 August 2011
  • Expiry date 25 August 2012
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 102,845 miles
  • MOT test number 2692 5513 1248
  • Test date 26 August 2010
  • Expiry date 25 August 2011
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 59,625 miles
  • MOT test number 4838 0873 0243
    Rear Exhaust has part of the system slightly deteriorated (7.1.1a)
  • Test date 21 August 2009
  • Expiry date 20 August 2010
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 96,746 miles
  • MOT test number 6528 5353 9268
  • Test date 30 July 2008
  • Expiry date 29 July 2009
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 93,618 miles
  • MOT test number 3219 8231 8232
  • Test date 5 June 2007
  • Expiry date 4 June 2008
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 91,576 miles
  • MOT test number 7033 8635 7116
  • Test date 16 May 2006
  • Expiry date 15 May 2007
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 88,581 miles
  • MOT test number 5819 9663 6155

The advisories aren't horrendous but i'm with Pete, they should have been sorted, especially bearing in mind that major service including timing belt and water pump wouldn't have been cheap, a few quid more to sort those bits would have been money well spent and less likely to put off potential purchasers.
I'd hazard a guess the spare is flat and/or illegal as well, the O/S/F wheel was most likely the spare and put in the boot without the retainer being screwed down so it moved around and got scuffed. The most recent MoT would point to this as well and also "shoestring servicing/maintenance" - use the spare and just buy one new tyre instead of two.
It is however a nice looking car and with some TLC could no doubt be even better. ;):D
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators
5 minutes ago, hughezee said:

it's just soooo shiny it's reflecting everything :lol:

s-l1600.jpg

I thought the same until i looked at this view of it. Still looks "not quite right" if you see what i mean? Could be an alignment problem or perhaps it's had some paint on the door or maybe even a complete replacement door.

According to my sources, it was originally registered in Berkshire and the listing says it's in London now which sort of suggests most of the miles it's done have been in and around town so plenty of opportunity to pick up a ding in the door.

Maybe i'm just being fussy? :huh:

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

and another one with just 74k on :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Legend-Coupe/232467660050?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140725133651%26meid%3D1fbff633d961493a9f3b9d22fae3b599%26pid%3D100276%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D222611483916&_trksid=p2060778.c100276.m3476

and look at the price !!

But two sets of wheels, original and alternatives.

Would like one but already been there ,,,,and back,,, with one:rolleyes:

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
9 hours ago, mickey murphy said:

Hi, what sort of issues did u have with your coupe. Was going to look at this one. 

Just check for rust under the arches, rear sills, usual Honda trait but more importantly the head gaskets can go....

Get it up to temperature and make sure the fans come on AND the temperature comes down/is steady..... or if you take the rad cap off, when its cold and then start it up check and see if you are getting any pressure back through the system forcing water up through the filler neck.

The other thing that I came across when I was tracking the head gasket problem that mine had was when I had the heater on inside when it was warmed up turning left or right would produce almost an immediate cold blast from the heater.... this was caused by the loss of water in the system and it swirling back and forth in the heater matrix.:rolleyes:

The only other major thing I had to do was take the fuel tank off and clean it out..... because of its low mileage it had stagnated the petrol / rotted the tank... 'cos then I discovered a hole in it but a secondhand tank sorted that problem.

The head gaskets took me something like two weeks I think all in, to replace, along with the cambelt etc... 

Of course you need to check all the other bits too !! like brakes, suspension etc, you know the drill :P

After that it was a lovely drive :D I would have another one.....maybe.........:rolleyes:

This looks a good one but just make sure its not just a polished turd :( This is a serious money version at that price.............

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

All it needs is blacked out windows and it's ready for use....................... :o

I think if the mods had been done slightly differently it would have looked good but the choice of wheels, mesh grille and so on turn it from a high class Coupé into a couple of mods short of a drug dealer wagon or pimp-mobile.

Maybe i'm just getting old...................... :o

• Haha 2

• Administrators

I almost purchased this one a couple of weeks ago but need to stop impulse buying :rolleyes: I even backed out of purchasing some other things (pro audio) must be turning into a penny pincher. 

gldleg.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-Honda-Legend-3-5-i-4dr-sun-roof-cruise-control/322750374963?

Also spotted this apparently rust-free Legend, very very tempted again, although wouldn't want to start that engine without a new belt and tensioner spring fitted first.

mk1-leg.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Legend-Coupe-Auto-2-7-V6-2-Door-Leather-Interior/162729655650?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, hughezee said:

I almost purchased this one a couple of weeks ago but need to stop impulse buying

Given the high mileage and the fact it's an import i think that was a good decision not to buy that gold one Stu!

6 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Also spotted this apparently rust-free Legend, very very tempted again

On the face of it looks a good base for restoration but it has been in the sea air for at least 8 years without moving, it could be rotted to hell and back again underneath and in the sills. Definitely agree on the timing belt, tensioner and all other usual procedures prior to starting an engine laid up for a considerable period.

Think you did well to swerve both of those to be honest! ;):D

• Haha 2

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Think you did well to swerve both of those to be honest! ;):D

Yeah should be proud of myself really, but ashamed is a better word for even thinking of buying another car to add to my fleet, especially taking up the spare time I don't have atm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Founding Member
7 hours ago, hughezee said:

I almost purchased this one a couple of weeks ago but need to stop impulse buying :rolleyes: I even backed out of purchasing some other things (pro audio) must be turning into a penny pincher. 

gldleg.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-Honda-Legend-3-5-i-4dr-sun-roof-cruise-control/322750374963?

Also spotted this apparently rust-free Legend, very very tempted again, although wouldn't want to start that engine without a new belt and tensioner spring fitted first.

mk1-leg.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Legend-Coupe-Auto-2-7-V6-2-Door-Leather-Interior/162729655650?

Time, money and a place to store it would make me purchase this classic. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...