Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Legend Projects or Purchase Suggestions "LINKS”

hughezee

• Moderators

8 minutes ago, Chrismas said:

Did the LAPD ever use Legends, or was this a tribute / mock up ?

Los_Angeles_Police_Department_Ford_CVPIs

Looks like they use a lot of Fords to me?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Police_Department_resources#Patrol_cars

That tells more, seems they also use Dodge Chargers/Challengers and a couple of Chevy models too.

• Site Subscriber’s
19 minutes ago, Chrismas said:

Sold for £1560 ....not bad!! Did the LAPD ever use Legends, or was this a tribute / mock up ?

Noo, certainly not as marked units

Not the worst replica i've ever seen apart from the daft lights on the front, even looks like the correct lightbar for LAPD 🤔

If you ever want a good gritty TV drama/police procedural to watch about LAPD, give Southland a watch 👍

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

Hondas generally only need service items, so it could take a while to shift the parts... 🤔

............ hence my 🤪to the comment above - breaking it doesn't make much sense, worth spending a bit of time/energy to repair and return to the road. ;) :D

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Breaking it does make sense to a certain point, a lot of suspension parts for KB1s are NLA, Springs and shocks being the main issue if you want to maintain a standard ride height. Importing parts from Japan or the US and your probably talking £600 to £800 for a pair of front shocks and springs.

I would imagine every KB1 has propshaft howl between 30 and 40 MPH, it just depends if it's got bad enough for you to be able to hear it over the radio, the cars are very well made but the youngest is 15 years old now.

I'd pay a decent chunk of money to be able to replace my pox ridden glove box door 😁

• Like 2

• Moderators

I like that - i'd remove the pendant rear fog and fit 2 colour (red and white) bulbs into the reverse lamp holders and wire those for rear fogs and reverse, would clean up its rear. Ooooooooooo-errrrrrrrr missus! :P ;) :D