Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Legend Projects or Purchase Suggestions "LINKS”

hughezee

• Moderators

Irrespective of price, i'd rather have this one :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251980939421?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That said, the Purple Legend that Died of Shame is a challenge to bring it back to its (relatively standard) former glory. I see the starting bid is £100 more than the closing bid last time too! How does that work then??? If it struggled to £650 with only 2 birds last time it's hardly likely to attract a starting bid of £750 this time!

Especially as the MoT is now 3 months shorter! Literally only a couple of moths test left on it, getting into the territory of being "scrap value only" without a test on it sadly.

Halfway tempted to get hold of a set of different wheels/tyres, take them and a spare driver with me and offer him £300 cash and he gets to keep those wheels! Maybe they'd look ok on an Accord coupe because of the more sporty coupe body but i doubt it somehow.

• Moderators

Nice find Richie!!! Nice wheels on it too! Pretty sure i know where a pair of replacement balloons can be found as well ;) If anybody on here buys it, wants to get the airbags from the local scrappy here on their way home and fancies a coffee and chat just say.

• Moderators
  • Founding Member

This one looks like it's had a tap, needs new airbags and a decent check over, bet its cheap though.

Feel like a little Legend project Stu?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FACE-LIFT-HONDA-LEGEND-3-5-AUTOMATIC-4-DOOR-LUXURY-SALOON-NOT-LEXUS-/291491588489?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43de40a989

Well spotted Ritchie.  Although Christ...I'd knock £50 for the atrocious spelling and grammar in the advert!  Looks a potential bargain though Stu?  ;)  I'd also demand that the Diamond Breeze air freshener is included!  :D

• Like 1

• Moderators

Well spotted Ritchie.  Although Christ...I'd knock £50 for the atrocious spelling and grammar in the advert!  Looks a potential bargain though Stu?  ;)  I'd also demand that the Diamond Breeze air freshener is included!  :D

Is it me or would it be fair to assume English isn't his first language?

• Founding Member

You're not wrong there Dave, it's written in text speak it looks like.  No excuse these days with spell check etc. and I can spot a spelling mistake a mile away.  The Legend does look like a bargain though, nice wheels too.  :ph34r:

• Moderators

Not sure if it's text speak (txt spk*), a very poor translation to English from what i'd hazard a guess at is an Eastern European lingo or perhaps a combination of both. If it's a poor translation, it could be that spell check brought up words that weren't recognised and as such weren't used. Also i sometimes have to correct spell check when it comes up with words like color, favorite etc.

Definitely with you on the wheels though!

• Founding Member

You need to change the 'language' in your software, Dave.  It's probably set to 'American', once it's changed to UK English, the normally bad American spelling should be a thing of the past and color will become colour, as if by magic.  ;)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Out of those three i think the gold one offers the best value in terms of price Vs mileage/condition etc. The black is a close second and i think the red one is overpriced for the mileage. Down to the individual though, someone may particularly want a red one (personally i won't ever have a red car again) and be prepared to tolerate the much higher mileage for what is essentially the same price.

The black one with 64k @ £1395 is good value but i think the gold one with 66k @ £1295 is much cheaper in the long run as it's just old enough to escape having to use "Type "Approved" catalytic converters when the time comes which is a considerable saving.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I've been thinking of importing a newer V6 and Japan has a few of these legendary motors available for export in right hand drive, there is a newer version 2013 not keen on the styling or the price :o

post-1-0-77637000-1439486624_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-31501300-1439486656_thumb.jpg

There is one in a darker colour like Steve's Legend and I prefer it too white but the pic's are not very clear :(

post-1-0-07364800-1439486745_thumb.jpg