Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Legend Projects or Purchase Suggestions "LINKS”

hughezee

• Founding Member

Agreed Richie nice rare example :wub: and am I correct in thinking the 3.2 legend is on your future shopping list?

The Legend Coupe is for sure, pissed that a good one came and went while the wife was between jobs or i'd have been waiting outside the sellers door, I like the Saloons as well.

Give it another year and the later Legends will be coming down below the 5k price band, at that point I'll be sorting out some finance.

This one looks nice but the relay sounds a bit dodgy, I'd imagine spares will be an issue for a car that old.

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Blast...busted!!!  The Legend....ahh yes, I most certainly wouldn't mind dipping my toes in Legend ownership.  They're fabulous motors, quite rare too but well made, great engines and filled to the brim with kit and gadgets and poweful too of course, likey likey.  Like the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing.  Then again, I've always like the S2000 too.  If I win the Lotto tomorrow I'll have both and buy you one!

Talking of wolves in sheeps clothing, whilst driving home tonight, some boy racer in a Nissan I think, was behind me all the way from Walsall.  You know the type, they hang back then accelerate right up to your rear, then hang back...repeat.  Oh how I smirked in my rear view mirror when I noticed he was accelerating again and then I decided to floor the pedal, the V6 immediately changed down from 4th to 2nd gear and went from 1000 RPM to 3500RPM, the engine screamed (in a good way) as the VTEC engaged and it was "Adios Amigo".  Quite satisfying....I'm sure too that the tyres gave a little squeal of delight too.  ;)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks Geoff but you won't win the lottery tomorrow as it's mine - ALL MINE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a nice feeling doing things like that, had a similar one a few weeks back while in the Sterling. Some bloke in a black Astra (think it was a VXR or simlar but difficult to read the ever shrinking badge in the rear view mirror) kept doing the same along a local (so called )A road. There are many 30mph limits on this road and often there are speed traps through them. As we got to the end of one 30mph limit he floored it with the intention of getting past me. I was already accelerating just gently enough to keep pace with him until he floored it when i did the same in S4 mode and left him in a cloud of exhaust fumes and dust.

Maybe he is related to your Nissan driving fiend?

My tyres also gave a little squeal of delight as well!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I thought it would be back :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Legend/171920908621?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D32694%26meid%3D15781f6d50184cdba92b8c046e861ba3%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D151806123265

The "Legend that died of Shame" has reappeared on fleabay, this time without the dodgy bonnet mascot but with 11 moths MoT. Apparently only 2 advisories for the test so can't think why he didn't put it in earlier!

• Moderators

Well i reckon it needs a complete respray - the mark where the dodgy bonnet mascot was, the marks on the wings where those nasty grilles are, strange strap-type things on all 4 bumper corners etc need to be removed and the paint made good. Unless i'm mistaken it's not only metallic but the same colour as Purple Haze so any marks (like removing those badges/grilles etc) will show up like the proverbial sore thumb.

As such, to ensure a complete colour match, it needs a complete respray.

At least he's got the original wheels on now and not the horrible boy-racer things on there last time!

• Founding Member
  • 5 months later...