Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Legend Projects or Purchase Suggestions "LINKS”

hughezee

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Car looks right like the colour and interior looks the part although that steering wheel looks suspiciously well worn for 61k, 161k ??

Supposedly in Altrincham Cheshire.....read outskirts of Manchester ?....but seller is either a trader or part time trader through ebay. He has an Alphard for sale plus the Elysion in silver posted on the Elysion section here..

Listed with NO previous owners???     In fact all three vehicles he has are listed with no previous owners but advertised as pre owned. All three are shown with make me an offer but two have statements " please no offers " !!!!!!!

Only 61k , 2005 plate but certificated it should be top condition though, looks really tidy and very well presented / valeted.... Except that steering wheel, what else is worn? No decent shots of dashboard ...hidden behind that wheel..

Is it just me , ? but sort of suspicious .....and once again not a great advert for reasons to buy....yet strong money.

I would fine tooth comb this car !!!

"May px,"  " drives superb,  "     ugghh, !!!!!

90% feedback

Just sold an Elysion with issues ? 

Nissan Serena negative, head gasket failure  ...

• Moderators
7 hours ago, hughezee said:

Anybody fancy a blue velour interior with the exterior city pack it colour coded at least?

My first thoughts when i saw "Velour interior and exterior city pack" were..................... "Taxi spec!".

I notice there isn't a decent shot of the speedo so it's difficult to tell whether it's still in kmh or mph. Listing says a "BIMTA Certificate" comes with it to guarantee the mileage.

If it is an import, looking at the steering wheel and the seats, i'd hazard a guess it was an airport transfers car in Japan and unless it's a fresh import to the UK, here too.

That said, the mileage could still have been given a bit of a trim at some point but airport transfers would probably give that sort of wear on the steering wheel with low mileage.

The other worrying bit is the front bumper and bonnet seem to be a different colout to the rest of the car. ;):D

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

and again. This is the one Stu posted back in October 2017 !!!!

This is a different seller, ostensibly ! 

hmmm, bolster is a bit shot !!!😄 can't see if was the same back in 2017 as advert gone but if not then this seller has been swapping bits !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-legend-coupe-2-7-v6-very-rare/192874673199?

s-l1600.png

• Like 2

• Founding Member
  • Moderators
12 minutes ago, Retro Rich said:

If it’s what you really really want, you’d just have to have it.

That's very true Rich and if i win the lottery any time soon, i might even consider it. However that's easy for me to say at the wrong end of the month when i can just about cobble together 8995 pence! :lol: With a major lottery win, £9k (all bar a fiver) would be in the realms of small change and if i wanted a 3.5 Legend, i'd go for the best i could find so it would be on a short list.

17 minutes ago, Retro Rich said:

Personally, I think the coupes look better and more timeless than this.

Agreed on that one, but the older Legends still have a timeless look about them, the problem is that the general public at large view any car two decades old as being "an old banger" and fail to see that it's infinitely better than the carp they churn out these days. In one respect that does us a huge favour in that it usually keeps the price low, by the same argument it does us no favours as it keeps the price low.

While our knowledge remains a secret, we have the monopoly on them.  👍

• Like 2