Subscriptions & Donations ×

Any Accord Coupes out there Spotted or Featured?

Cryistic

• Founding Member

Yep, too right Stu.  Haven't seen the other local coupe today.  <_<  

I've got another gadget coming....it's a Bluetooth rear view mirror!  I know.  Cool.  B)  It clips over your existing mirror, your pair it with your phone and then answer calls, etc using buttons at the bottom or you can set it to answer automatically.  I think it also shows you the number behind the glass, should be coolio at night.  Me and my gadgets.....

I'll do a thread when it arrives probably mid week.  

• Like 3

• Moderators

I keep trying to catch the owner of a White Gold 2 Legend (3.2 i think) that regularly visits my next door neighbour to try and direct him to the forum so know how you feel Geoff.

Congrats on Mrs Geoffs MoT as well!

Interested in this Bluetit Mirror though! ;):D

• Like 2

• Founding Member

I do like my gadgets Dave.....well I did resist getting the HUD so this is a compromise.  Got to stop spending now as holiday is looming in September....oh and off to London in a couple of weeks where it costs £1M to park your car for a few hours and yes, I think we'll go in the coupe too!  Show them Londoners what a great car looks like!  ;)

• Like 2

• Moderators

Little tip for you Geoff - pay your Con-Gestion Charge before you go, you can pay in advance and get it down to a tenner! ;) You need to find the TfL (Transport for London) website although they may have changed the name slightly so have a search and see what comes up - there are many websites around that charge you £15 - a fiver of that goes to them for doing it for you!

• Like 1

• Founding Member
20 hours ago, GeoffPurpleHaze said:

I do like my gadgets Dave.....well I did resist getting the HUD so this is a compromise.  Got to stop spending now as holiday is looming in September....oh and off to London in a couple of weeks where it costs £1M to park your car for a few hours and yes, I think we'll go in the coupe too!  Show them Londoners what a great car looks like!  ;)

Geoff make sure you look me up when you're down?!?!?! 

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Ahsy....We're going to Greenwich, the Old Naval College.  Dave...Not sure if this is in the congestion zone though?  I know I need to sort out parking or Travelodge or Hotel. Parking anywhere is a nightmare and charges are daylight robbery!  :o

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think that is in the Congestion Zone Geoff but double-check in case . Also double-check your route to see if that takes you into the CCZ (Congestion Charging Zone) and also to make sure your route OUT doesn't take you into the zone!

Sounds daft but you might be better off using a National Distress Coach - they have some amazing deals online if you pre-book like a quid each way on some routes - saves the headache of parking, traffic jams, congestion charge and the risk of getting pranged in London by someone who doesn't understand Birmingham driving! ;):D

• Founding Member

Geoff, Greenwich isn't in the Congestion Zone and when you get off the M1 you can take the North Circular (A406) direct eastbound to the A13 the go twards the City and then cross the river via The Rotherhithe Tunnel. This will avoid the cc. 

Let me know how long you're down for and when. Let me know if you want to meet up.....it would be so nice to meet you and the haze. 

I live 3-4 miles away from Greenwich. One of my close friends lives there and my sister in law works at the National Maritime Museum there. 

• Like 2

• Founding Member

This is where we're going, Old Naval College in Greenwich: 

http://www.greenwichmusictime.co.uk/book-tickets/2cellos-

I've checked and it's outside the charging zone so happy days.  Looks like it'll be M6 > M1 > M25 > M11 > Blackwall Tunnell then right at the end.  I've paid £10 to park the car in a private mews garage for the evening (Yes, there's a parking website where people rent out their drives, garages etc so people can park).  Coolio.  Then it's about a 15 minute walk to the College.

They're not really 'my cup of tea' but the wife has brought me tickets to see Black Sabbath in Birmingham for February 2017 as an early birthday present.  Last ever gig so that should be good, Ozzy, Geezer, Bill and Tony.  Rock On!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm the same Geoff - last time was about october/Novemeber time when i plundered that geen 825 coupé for bits for mine. One Jeep loaded to the gunwales with a late interiro and a few other bits including the carpet and soundproofing and a wronf turn that took me straight into the congestion charge, past the Houses of Parliament, along Embankment, past Tower Bridge, the London Eye, Millenium Dome etc (not necessarily in that order) but i ended up on the A13 heading out to Romford/Dagenham/Barking and thankfully the M25 which i then had to back-track round to get to the M11 and the way home!

• 7 months later...

Just come back from a few days' holiday in Lisbon, where I didn't see a single HAC of any age or description.  In fact, apart from some ageing Civics and Jazzes it was pretty much a Honda-free zone.  I wonder whether the HAC was ever sold in Portugal.  Maybe most of Europe found the design too American.

I resisted going up a busy, twisty mountain road in a Citroen 2CV, open-top Renault 4 or Tuc-Tuc and waited ages for the safety of a bus instead.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Just watching it again,  yes, it is sad I know :rolleyes: and realising the paint is not black but the colour of mine, green ! 

This is something I noticed on mine when I got it earlier this year, in certain lights the colour can change, almost like a flip paint job, really strange,  or not ?:lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

8.50 this morning near Roedean Fire Station/Brighton Marina.  You: black S-reg V6 coupe, gave me a wave and long thumbs up at the traffic lights.  Me: green V-reg V6 Coupe.  Thanks for cheering up my morning commute.  Are you a member of this forum?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

I presume it was ptr200S, Dark green? But at last I've seen another coupe on the road, was shifting too ;-)

Possible but not in last few days, been playing TVR :rolleyes:

Been to Kirkham a few times over last month, whereabouts did you see it? And would have been motoring !!

If not me then we have another green coupe in the area :D

• Haha 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Andy Mc said:

Was a week or so ago heading up the Penwortham bypass (golden way?) away from preston in the morning.

Twas me then I guess, :D

probably on the way back from picking up a starter motor for my Tiv.:rolleyes: Big hurry on to get it fitted and up and running again !!

• Like 1