Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998-2002 Accord Coupe Owners Reviews & Feedback

Bluejmc2005

• Administrators

That's a shame buddy, maybe you need a spoiler :lol: my coupe is always getting admiring glances and second takes, one person even walked into a sign post staring at it :D Also other motorists seem very courteous mainly Merc's & Audi drivers B) giving way or pulling along side and retreating, luv the attention as its all positive :)

100_2742.JPG

Although saying that mine is positively pimped by comparison????

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

This car is brilliant.Just realised I have had it nearly 10 years now.It still puts a smile on my face every time I get in her.My younger brother who has a couple of GTR32 V specs,S200 and a granny GT86 agrees.My mother who is knocking on 80 thinks I'm the only one with a nice car even though my siblings have new euro boxes.Not sure that's classed as a compliment though.Spent about £500 in the last month on my 2nd cambelt and tyres recently..Webuyanycar.con reckon it's worth £145...........Stick 2 noughts on the end for me.Talking to a colleague at work with a golf and his as depreciated £15000 in 6years.I paid 5k 10 years ago and only got a genuine 65k on the clock.Happy days.

• Like 3

• Founding Member

I know exactly what you mean by it puts a smile on your face every time you get in her.....I ve done exactly the same over the past 9-10yrs on owning one. If I'm approaching the coupe from the same side of the road sometimes I'll cross it just to look at it as a walk towards it or away from it.....very sad I know. I love admiring the interior whilst driving and feeling that pull when pushing down on the throttle. 

Bought mine for £1695 5yrs ago with 38-41k on the clock and now it's at 71k and worth more......definitely a wise purchase/investment or least I won't lose money on it....although not planning on selling. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I rarely use my coupe for long trips, but once or twice a year I get away for a few days.  I did just that earlier this week, from Sunday to weds.  Had a great run both ways up the a49 and a5 from Herefordshire to north wales.  Did just under 400 miles and it didn't miss a beat.  ? It clocked up 180k miles while I was away.  

I changed the engine oil and filter just before I went.  I filled up with petrol tonight to check the fuel economy and found that it averaged 36mpg.  Very happy with that considering that I wasn't driving for economy! Ahem.  ? (if you know the route, you'll know what I mean?)

For reference,  mine is a 2l cg4 with manual box.

• Like 3

I can do better than 36mpg when i try!  Aside from road features, such as roundabouts and corners, which can spoil the mpg, there were quite a few occasions when I was in a low gear, waiting for an overtaking opportunity, followed by hard acceleration. I do like the engine note when the revs get high!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

With a crisis breaking, in the family, I had to transport people bags and baggage to Manchester Airport, around 90 miles or so dependent on the route.

Decided to use the Coupe rather than the Tourer well, why not?  

Four / five seats, BIG boot, quiet ( well could be quieter) comfortable suspension, fast / 70mph or so!, smooth,..... ahem, hmm, economical :P, so gave it a go.

Wow, how to travel in style!

I have done quite a few miles in the Coupe, mostly on my own, occasionally with other half but not with four adults and a baby too plus a boot full of cases!

The Coupe performed admirably and impressed all those in situ apart form the baby who slept all the way (maybe that was her positive acknowledgement !) and so a repeat performance to the airport this Wednesday is now on the cards...

Not sure I need a Tourer anymore although shifting long, heavy items could be a problem, in the Coupe! :wacko:

Anyway, just wanted to share...:lol:

• Like 6

• Administrators

Glad the coupe came to the rescue and met expectations, also the coupe is about the length of the tourer but not as versatile with the high bumper and the fixed shelf, but the tourer won't beat your van, difficult one. Maybe consider one of these long-term even private hire for future airport runs win-win >  http://agoracars.co.uk/honda-elysion-vx-3-0v6/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Yep, van great for objects but four people is a no,no ! 

Seriously been looking at elysion in last couple months (your fault , Stu ! :D) did consider a Honda Stream at one point but not really in the same league :(

Loads of them being imported now do big choice, whats the road tax on these, ?

Trouble would come in the form of swmbo , something or even two vehicles would have to go before an Elysion could arrive on the drive..

Anyone want a Tourer, S2000 or even an XK8 ?

• Like 2

• Administrators

We discussed the tax thing on another topic regards that fake Acura RL AKA Honda Legend and confirmed by the seller to be £225 a year, same as my 2002 Odyssey, imports still go by engine size, unlike my coupe & yours being subject to the changes from March 2001 :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

being my only car I am forced to use it for everything and it has handled all trips, fully crammed, as you say..in style!

seats in the back aren't as comfy as a regular saloon of course and more suited to shorter adults, worth carrying cushions in there and ofcourse taking the front seats further forward.

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, hughezee said:

imports still go by engine size,

That's interesting didn't realise that :(

Seems like a bargain then (sort of! :wacko: ) less money than the coupe and yet HUMONGOUS with a nice engine :lol: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founding Member
On 21/08/2017 at 9:23 PM, PTR200S said:

With a crisis breaking, in the family, I had to transport people bags and baggage to Manchester Airport, around 90 miles or so dependent on the route.

Decided to use the Coupe rather than the Tourer well, why not?  

Four / five seats, BIG boot, quiet ( well could be quieter) comfortable suspension, fast / 70mph or so!, smooth,..... ahem, hmm, economical :P, so gave it a go.

Wow, how to travel in style!

I have done quite a few miles in the Coupe, mostly on my own, occasionally with other half but not with four adults and a baby too plus a boot full of cases!

The Coupe performed admirably and impressed all those in situ apart form the baby who slept all the way (maybe that was her positive acknowledgement !) and so a repeat performance to the airport this Wednesday is now on the cards...

Not sure I need a Tourer anymore although shifting long, heavy items could be a problem, in the Coupe! :wacko:

Anyway, just wanted to share...:lol:

I've always been impressed as to how the boot swallows up luggage/shopping/sub box/pushchair/cleaning products! With the coupe weighed down it performs extremely well and feels solid. 

Such an understated all rounder and it only has 2 doors! 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Quite right , Ahsy, another airport run tonight, offspring arrives with a trolley load of gear, two box cases, trolley case, laptop, two haversack type thingys, shopping bag etc plus kiddy gear and kiddy / hubby in tow....

Jees, will it fit??? Just is the answer :rolleyes: stunning boot, can't get over it!:D and its usable space not like some boots where things just will not fit !:angry:

Got caught in the horrendous traffic on the M6 ? M56 due to some chemical spillage (?) J20/19/18 M6 so ended up using the M60 and the M62... at peak time 6pm , arrggh... fully loaded, all seats occupied, stop start for two hours before a clean run of 20 miles.....

The Coupe performed brilliantly, not a hiccup, an overheat, any form of strop, absolutely PERFECT  :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

In defence of the 2l, it is still a sweet engine despite not having the grunt of the 3l. It also has the advantage of coming with a proper gearbox ?, and the lighter weight should mean better handling, though I must admit to never having driven a 3l to make the comparison. And as Stu has said the trim spec is just as good so it's still a nice place to be sitting inside one. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, davebrads said:

In defence of the 2l, it is still a sweet engine despite not having the grunt of the 3l. It also has the advantage of coming with a proper gearbox ?, and the lighter weight should mean better handling, though I must admit to never having driven a 3l to make the comparison. And as Stu has said the trim spec is just as good so it's still a nice place to be sitting inside one. 

Oh yes!  Very true! (I thought I was the only owner of a 2L manual on here) 

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

If only he knew eh Stu? :lol:

We all have a preference and what I've liked about Honda slushboxes for so many years is they are blooming quick comparing it to anything else, they are hydraulically actuated manual box's, so figures, well the 4-5-6 speeds anyway. The Tiptronic offering in the UK 98-02 Accord was super fun in manual mode but even driving steady like a nun as Geoff would put it :lol: it was so thirsty compared to full auto mode, the computer knows best. Also, my first coupe whipped an Accord Type -R's (manual) butt from 0-62 held it in first and it barked the tyres plenty by the time it was in third doing a ton + he lost it and when he realized it was auto' he was totally mortified and couldn't believe it.:D:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1