Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998-2002 Accord Coupe Owners Reviews & Feedback

Bluejmc2005

Hi All

I was going through my old cars pics and found the reason why I fell in love with the Honda Accord Coupe V6 and the reason I finally managed to purchase another one for my 1st project I owned this car around 9-10 years ago and fell in love with her straight away and purchased her there and then

What I didn't know at the time is she suffered from the dreaded gear box issue on kickdown mainly it would jump/slip yet if I drove normally she was fine I kept her for a while but sold my V6 in the end as I really wanted to keep her but couldn't afford to sort the gearbox out but in saying all that she was a car that captured my heart and never failed to put a smile on my face I always vowed to get another ( which I have now 🙂 ) I have put a couple of pics up of my first Coupe V6 what was your first Honda Love?

screenshot-11.pngscreenshot-12.pngscreenshot-13.png

• Like 4

• Moderators
On 4/25/2020 at 3:07 PM, Vibesy said:

Hi All

I was going through my old cars pics and found the reason why I fell in love with the Honda Accord Coupe V6 and the reason I finally managed to purchase another one for my 1st project I owned this car around 9-10 years ago and fell in love with her straight away and purchased her there and then

What I didn't know at the time is she suffered from the dreaded gear box issue on kickdown mainly it would jump/slip yet if I drove normally she was fine I kept her for a while but sold my V6 in the end as I really wanted to keep her but couldn't afford to sort the gearbox out but in saying all that she was a car that captured my heart and never failed to put a smile on my face I always vowed to get another ( which I have now 🙂 ) I have put a couple of pics up of my first Coupe V6 what was your first Honda Love?

screenshot-13.png

That is Nice !! Lurv the twin exit pipes and the stealth lights !!!

First Honda Love, I guess, would have been a Honda CD175A when I was 17 !!!! Two wheels first !!!

Four wheels, my very first Honda Accord, 1976/77 model, 1600cc, two door "coupe" in racing silver !!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Thread resurrection!!

Took a mate down to job yesterday, in the Coupe, and had to go down the main rd (cart track !) which is bumpy , wallowy etc for around 2 miles...

.its a 50mph limit so tootled along at around 55mph over the bumps but NOT through potholes!!

Mate was amazed at how smooth it was, couldn't believe it could run at that speed and not bottom out or feel the ripples as such...he was well impressed and commented that for a 20 year old car it showed his newish 15 plate Vrs up !! and his missus 65 plate motor too !!

Don't you just feel great when that happens !!!!!    🙂

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jayhoath83 said:

I was offended the other day when a guy at a petrol station asked if mine was an audi 🤦‍♂️ i might have to put at least one honda badge back on after the respray😂

Where did you bury him?,,,,,,with a vtec badge tattooed on his forehead I presume? 🤣 

• Haha 3

• Founding Member

I remember about 5 years ago I went into a Chinese takeaway and a man was wearing a T shirt and it proclaimed that there are two types in life.... Those that own a Volkswagon and those who wished they owned a Volkswagon. I didn't say anything, but gave him a look that I hoped he took as incredulous 😀

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Following up from over a year without driving my coupe, what was I thinking 😵 and today's MOT pass. Anyway, I decided to go for a totally necessary cruise 😁 a few hundred miles later and what an absolute mint motor it is, fuel gauge has barely moved from 3 quarters, pulls effortlessly and gearchanges virtually unnoticeable. The renewed suspension is a dream, no rolling in corners, the wheels feel so planted, brakes are awesome 😊 bla bla, I love this machine. 😍

20201008-193307%5B1%5D.jpg

Quick shot from our not so local ADSA

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 2

• Site Subscriber’s

Nice to hear other people still go for a drive for no reason other than enjoyment, top work Stu.

I have lovely minor roads to get to some parts of the county or back that allow full throttle and sweeping open bends, lots of extra miles but that's what it's for eh?

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
13 hours ago, AhsyV6 said:

You didn’t come towards London did you? 

Unfortunately not mate 🤨

4 hours ago, Kelvin said:

Nice to hear other people still go for a drive for no reason other than enjoyment, top work Stu.

Long overdue IMO mate, I will be heading out again soon 😁😎

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, hughezee said:

Long overdue IMO mate, I will be heading out again soon

Got to be done Stu! Was going to do similar last weekend but the wet stuff descended so mission aborted.

Rumour has it this weekend might be dry so watch this space! ;):D

• Like 3

• Moderators

Went out this morning again, sunshine and no wind, beautiful day 🙂

There are no meets at all now, CV19 finished them off completely so just a run up to another town that doesn't have any council interference with traffic management / parking !

Spent my money there instead of locally...good excuse to zip along in the Coupe though 🙂

Everything running great and the only fly in the ointment will be the fact we may have full lockdown again next week with this being the last day to get out and about...social distancing of course !!

• Sad 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

the only fly in the ointment will be the fact we may have full lockdown again next week

I'm really beginning to think that the proportions of this virus are more hype than fact, it is a horrible virus, that's not in question but i wonder how many normal illnesses have been misdiagnosed and/or treated as CV-19 which the patients then went on to actually contract due to being on a virus ward? 🤔

I'm thinking political smoke-screens here on a global scale, maybe the Martians are landing overnight and hence the curfew, who knows? Nobody could admit to it as that would put them outside after 10pm............ :o

• Clap Hands 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Another compliment tonight, despite cars scruffy unwashed appearance, guy clearly detoured over from his picking up his take away to glance over and state "nice car mate" as he passed. Always catches me out and I'm never too sure what to say other than a mumbled "thanks".

A few months earlier it was a young teen lad giving compliments which was very odd but seemed genuine. 

Cheered me up after being a bit down about cars etc today 😊

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today i was spotted by a civic coupe em1 in green. It was minted and gleaming. Shot up behind me, then the lads inside gave smiling thumbs up as they headed towards a bypass and i turned off. Was mad with myself i didn't detour and have a friendly fly down the empty bypass 🙄 doh. 

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1