Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998-2002 Accord Coupe Owners Reviews & Feedback

Bluejmc2005

• Moderators

Out in the Coupe this morning,  first day of tax, got to get my moneys worth 😁

Stopped to get some go juice and got accosted by two guys in an Integra  !!!  They wanted to know about the V6 motor more than anything !!!

Also they were quite taken by the interior being so light and airy  !!!

On a good note the Coupe was running really smoothly,  just a hint of pull on nearside front which looks to be a low pressure on the tyre.....might be punctured as it was OK last week 🙄

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Must be about time for another run out by now Pete? Enjoy! ;):D

I wish !!

Cleaning up a Tourer at the moment 🙄 , don't think its been touched since I last got my hands on it when it was getting a new alternator 🤮

• Sad 2

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators

Got accosted at fuel station again....

Young lad , erm 20 something I guess, wanted to know why it had a 3.0 litre V6 badge on the back ? And what was the vtec badge about as there was no way it could have had vtec for such an old car !!! He liked the shape and the fact it was low...except at the back, " was it a dragster ? "

Short of kicking his nuts I played nice and popped the bonnet......a few moments of silence ensued until he said " how did you manage to get that lump in there, was it a difficult conversion ?, what Honda had a V6 in  it   ?  "  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I nearly kicked him in the nuts at that point for real  !!!!!

I mentioned the fact that vtec had been around for over 30 years, probably longer than he had been alive,,,, " no way" he said....I suggested he looked up CRX specs when he got home...and whilst we are at it this is a factory car with the V6 lump in it.....

More silence.......then he said he had to go and went over to a very " modified" cosmetically, shitbag of a 3 cylinder Corsa......

I suspect he thought I was joking.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

The Coupe has been in use for last week or so since the Elysion problem arose, ferrying my gear to and fro between jobs.

This weekend it was on "holiday "  over two days and it has spent around 120 miles on fast flowing A roads and something over a 100 miles cruising at around 75/80 mph on the M6 motorway.

The highlight this lunchtime was a stop at a South lakes watering hole when 6 members of a car club spotted the Coupe and came over for a look 😃...they were out in a CRX,  2 x Prelude one of which was a rear wheel steer version, 2.2? , Honda Accord 1600 mark 1 and a couple of Civic Type r things!!!

They were extremely interested because of the vtec badge and wanted to take a peek at the motor, well you can't say no can you !!!! As usual comments like " I didn't know they built these for the UK" etc...

Also impressed with the interior because it's "light and airy" feel......most of their motors were black inside ...

Yep, feeling good today 🤩

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Pulled up to petrol station and just about to fill up the coupe, a couple of lads sat opposite each in their Eurotrash bangers, they had stopped at the exit. I couldn't help but notice they started staring at the coupe, they were chatting amongst themselves briefly before calling over. What's that car mate it looks so nice, I replied with the details with a smile and they couldn't get their heads around it, especially the age of the car and being a V6 Honda.😄

So compliments were exchanged with a thank you and off they went in a puff of blue smoke.☺️🙂

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 3

• Administrators

Another trip out and a fellow Honda driver took a notable interest and I kid you not two police officers walked some distance away from their vehicle to have a look at the accord coupe 🙂 they weren't expecting me to be sat in it either 😆 busted.🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Coppers probably wondering which car showroom it belonged too !!!!

Doesn't it feel great when someone acknowledges your motor for what it is.......rather than the greenies telling you that you should be on a bicycle,  not a V6. 🙃🙃🙃

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Had a good blat down to Manchester Airport this morning......well would have been had the M6 not been turned into complete mess with roadworks. 

50mph average speed, 4 lanes of traffic from J27 to almost the Thelwall Viaduct and then from half way up M56 to the airport, yet another set...

On the upside 50mph on cruise made my fuel gauge look good !!!!

The Coupe ran like a good 'un  !!!

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 2

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Long story short new washing machine finally arrived 🙄 on the bright side, I got to start the coupe to make a little room for them to get the washer safely between the cars. The two delivery guys just started staring at the coupe, they seemed well impressed 😁 from the moment I started it they just stood in amazement and we spent a good few minutes chatting.

Great guys, thanks for the new washing machine too. 👍🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Popped out for a test drive after fettling with sliders in a hope to remedy sticky rear caliper. Pulled in at local garage. Closed at 8pm instead of 10. Decided to wash it and watch all cars come n go. One guy reverses back to, I expected "Where's nearest garage?" But instead chatted about the coupe and how you don't see any about and how he had the 2.2 accord and a prelude back in the day. 

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators

Yep, I am watching it carefully...my car will be up for sale shortly,  just waiting on v5c after taking my private plate off it, got a clean 12 month mot on it now too.

• Like 3

It looks the part but how can you tell what its really like under the skin ?

Where I come from a test drive and a good looksee underneath is an essential part of any potential purchase.

Twenty five years is a long time 

• Like 2

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Jon said:

It looks the part but how can you tell what its really like under the skin ?

Agreed .

Here is mine , quick snaps on the mot ramp two days ago. Bit muddy but looking pretty good.

20240228-074635.jpg

20240228-074617.jpg

20240228-074613.jpg

20240228-074609.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Jon said:

Great pictures doesn't look very muddy to me..... I doubt you live in the sticks. How can you bear to sell it ? Or do you have a new love ?

It's a great car, some issues with odd dent and paint but generally rust free...I would keep her but it doesn't fit with my current requirements ....yep, lots of mud on the road around here, I just try to keep on top of cleaning when I can.

New love? No , just a new life direction..the new Volvo isn't a replacement,  just a necessity. 

• Like 2