Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Elysion Today?

PTR200S

• Moderators

Today, I will have the back end up to pull the spare wheel out for checking and I was wondering if the under carrier might be involved in the knocking....transmission of noise from one area to another can also be difficult to trace.

• Moderators

OK, wheel and carrier out, no problem found, took the opportunity to clean up an use some more Bilt Hamber UC...used 2.5 litres of the stuff over the last couple of days 🤣🤣....another order coming on !

Coupe is next for the annual underbody check and spray.

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Just a couple of pics showing the rear under carriage after some tlc and one showing the rust creep at the rear silencer to mid pipe connection.  Just the same as the exhaust problem with most cars I guess but annoying anyway as you can see the pound notes imprinted in the rust 😜😜😜😜

20230407-130153.jpg

20230407-130200.jpg

20230407-130206.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators

Today was Elysion clean out morning.  !!!!!

How do vehicles get so dirty inside ??? Lots of dust, finger marks and other detritus. Even had bird poop in the passenger door shut,  how did that happen !!!

One thing I never have to clean out is anything from the fast food shite chains..never touch the stuff and therefore it never builds up in the footwell 😝😝😝😝😝😝   having watched some of those American vids on cleaning cars or cars coming in for services with a full compliment of rubbish , I despair  !!!!

Anyway, pretty good inside ready for mot inspection 7.30am Monday morning 😬😬😬😬

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

Going to attempt instrument cluster removal and opening to fit a MPH inlay card from Lockwood on Sunday. I hope that if sucessful that it doesn't interfere with the blue 3d effect. Also going to fit Head unit work around with a Carpuride display through the stock head unit and somehow utilise the existing rear view camera into the new set up.

• Like 2

• Moderators
20 hours ago, monkeymedic999 said:

Going to attempt instrument cluster removal and opening to fit a MPH inlay card from Lockwood on Sunday. I hope that if sucessful that it doesn't interfere with the blue 3d effect.

Should be OK on the blue 3d effect, it hasn't affected mine that I can tell although that was fitted by the importer,...by the way you will need to reset your internal light output on the dash after battery off time. The daylight version is usually OK but when you turn the lights on the dash light reverts to the lowest level 🙃🙃🙃🙃...once set it will stay like that for each time the lights come on and go off.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Big external wash today to get rid of all the mud from the roads...farms ploughing and planting now, dropping mud off the tractor wheels everywhere 🙃🙃

Fixed the passenger side window cover which seemed have worked loose., blew tyres up and discovered a ps fluid weep from a lower hose connection to the rack,  looks like another pipe succumbed to age 😱

Probably going to get an advisory on the mot for that on Monday morning...not enough time available to change it, busy weekend 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Hi All
I will be attempting to fix a few things in my Elysion this weekend and was thinking if someone could advise what to look for. 

1) interior lights fuse is keeping going off. Replace it twice already and will do this next time this week (bought a bunch some time ago) - should I replace all bulbs or there is a known issue somewhere?

2) I have a leak in the windscreen washer system, somewhere on the driver's side. How to get under the plastic tray and is there a typical spot to look for?  

3) If I will not run out of time, would like to polish head lamps. Can anyone recommend a specific, trustworthy product for this operation, or any of the sets will do? Never done it in the past so I don't want to waste time and money ;) 

4) Sliding doors are having issues occasionally, so I plan to wd40 the mechanism and have a look if there is anything blocking them. It doesn't happen often, but when it stays still for a few days the operation is not smooth, and I don't want the mechanism to go off.

5) Good wash - she deserves it! :)

• Like 3

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Ike said:

1) interior lights fuse is keeping going off. Replace it twice already and will do this next time this week (bought a bunch some time ago) - should I replace all bulbs or there is a known issue somewhere?

I would check if you have LEDs fitted as cheap ones they have a habit of poping fuses.

3 hours ago, Ike said:

2) I have a leak in the windscreen washer system, somewhere on the driver's side. How to get under the plastic tray and is there a typical spot to look for?  

I would check for any blockages in the jets, this can make connections weep or leak.

3 hours ago, Ike said:

3) If I will not run out of time, would like to polish head lamps. Can anyone recommend a specific, trustworthy product for this operation, or any of the sets will do? Never done it in the past so I don't want to waste time and money ;) 

Worth checking this post linked below. 👍

3 hours ago, Ike said:

4) Sliding doors are having issues occasionally, so I plan to wd40 the mechanism and have a look if there is anything blocking them. It doesn't happen often, but when it stays still for a few days the operation is not smooth, and I don't want the mechanism to go off.

I wouldn't recommend WD40 good chance it will make things worse in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

As above from hughezee , no to WD as well, use something like Gt85 that has ptfe in it or a good release / lubricant such as PB Blaster fluid.

When you say "stays still for a few days" do you mean you don't use the van?  If so just check the voltage on the battery BEFORE you open the doors and monitor it as it opens..you could have a duff battery coming on and as those doors need upwards of 30 amps to open, its worth checking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Another vote against WD40 from me, i'd be tempted to use silicone spray lube, it pentrates reasonably well and lubricates very well. Also for heavier duty use, silicone grease which you can also use on battery terminals to waterproof them after cleaning them.

Also what Pete said about the battery getting weak is a very good point, how often do you give the car a long run?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh my, thank you all for responses.

Firstly, no wd40, I rather listen than be sorry.

Battery is less than 6mths old, so it can't be it. Long runs are frequent fortunately. 

I believe Lights insight have original bulbs, but will have a look.

I much appreciate all of you! Will report after the weekend.

• Like 3

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Ike said:

Battery is less than 6mths old, so it can't be it. Long runs are frequent fortunately. 

OK, yes, I recall, you got a new battery last year, but you still need to check the voltage after it "stays still for a few days" as you may have a parasitic drain on the battery...especially as you say you an interior light fault causing the fuse to blow.

Does the fuse blow immediately the lights turn on ??

Pull all the bulbs and test again...if doesn't blow replace one at a time and test again...yes, I know, there is a lot of them !!!

Is your locking/start running off a smart card? If so, do you have a button to prevent locking of the doors?

• Like 3

As I have a lot on my plate now I replaced the fuse and will see how long will it take for it to die, then I will do the test procedure as you recommend @PTR200S

Doors are now fine, I realised that if the car is not used for a week (very rarely, but it does happen) then they need a few runs to not stutter. This time, they need like 3 open-close-open-close actions to start working normally. I did not use any WD40 - much appreciate the advice. 

Funny thing with the windscreen washer. The 3-way connector under the plastic cover was completely gone. Can take a picture if you want. Probably, the winter period caused the anti-freeze to dissolve it. I have never seen anything like that. New ones are on their way with some plastic clips as I managed to broke two of them. Everything available on Amazon in bundles.

Headlamp polishing and a proper cleaning had to wait, courtesy of rainy Sunday.

• Like 2

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Ike said:

Probably, the winter period caused the anti-freeze to dissolve it. I have never seen anything like that. New ones are on their way with some plastic clips as I managed to broke two of them. Everything available on Amazon in bundles.

Anti-freeze??? I hope you didn't have that in the washer system ?? 🤔🤔

Not having the required concentration of washer fluid to prevent freezing on the other hand may have caused the problem ????

• Like 1

Yes, of course, I didn't have anti-freeze in the reservoir. I just cut corner, I meant the winter screenwash fluid. It was only a theory anyway and to be honest, doesn't really matter. What does, is the fact, that I will have a windscreen washing system working again ❤️ :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Just pulling your leg, I had guessed it wasn't antifreeze 😛😛😛😛😛

Quite often the plastics just give up with age and hit / cold cycles of weather,,,much worse if exposed to the sunlight !!  The Dracula Syndrome  🤣🤣🤣🤣

Excellent news on up and running though, Amazon stuff seem OK? 

• Like 1

Alrighty then. A little update is due. 

Firstly, I polished headlamps using lovely weather here this weekend. The difference isn't huge, but it's clearly visible. 

Secondly, I 'fixed' the windscreen washers. I managed to replace the tri-connector (set of them, including additional piping, cost me around 7 pounds), so I regain the spray. Unfortunately, the pressure is miserable. On the back window it is fine, but front windscreen washers definitely work worse than in the past. As the pump is working, and I do not have any leaks now, does anyone have an idea where to look next?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Ike said:

On the back window it is fine, but front windscreen washers definitely work worse than in the past. As the pump is working, and I do not have any leaks now, does anyone have an idea where to look next?

As you have no leaks and the pressure to the rear window is good then try a little experiment and connect the rear feed to the front washer and see if it improves it. That way you can establish if it is the pump or the washer jets at failure.  

Is the pressure on the front the same both sides ??  What happens if you stop one of the jets from spraying? Does the other improve? Are the pipes clear from that new tri connector? No bits left in the pipes from the original disintegration?

Just check that new tri connector...is it big enough flow for the job ?

• Like 1

• Founding Member
6 hours ago, PTR200S said:

does anyone have an idea where to look next?

Are you using the same original jets or have you replaced them, perhaps with narrower jets?

If OK, disconnect the pipework from each of the jets in turn and observe the pressure feeding the jets.  If that pressure looks equal (and good) to each jet, the problem must be in teh jets themselves, but more likely you will find that you have unequal pressure.  Check any low pressure tubing lines have not been kinked or trapped - and that they are fully connected throughout with no leaks/

• Like 1

• Moderators

Today I hit a fekin great pothole with the right hand front wheel...just couldn't avoid it.  50mph too, it took a massive whack through the suspension and now there is something not right there..just to add to the clack, already,  from that corner .

😡

investigation tomorrow if weather dry ......😭😭😭😭😭

• Sad 2
  • grrrr 1

• Moderators

Initial investigation reveals nothing as yet, I was expecting a broken drop link at least but all seems intact....then it started hailstones...🤣🤣🤣

Now it's thunder and lightning.........frogs and pestilence to follow 🙃🙃🙃🙃

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Started out nice here today, blue sky, sunshine and warm.

Dropped my script into the chemist, came out and saw a young American lady in a pink T-shirt, denim shorts and flip-flops. Looked up at the sky and back at her and she said "Should have known better than to trust the English weather!"

You guessed it, persistig it down with the odd flash of lightning and clap of thunder! Been like that all day since including a monsoon several times.

• Haha 2