Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Elysion Today?

PTR200S

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Today was oil change day for the van, thick black magnatec drained, about 1/4 litre short on the dipstick too.

Refill with Tradetec 10/40 .

Power steering fluid quick suck and refill of the reservoir AND managed to vacuum the front seats / dash sucking up those spider webs that seem to infest the lower regions of the front screen...

Check of coolant, ok, and refill the washer bottle with a check on the tyre pressures job done !!!!!

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

You've inspired me to go and.....................................

......................... make another coffee! Sounds way too energetic for a sunday morning! :P

Sunday?

Blimey must have missed Saturday this week, I know I have been working hard doing nothing but really.....

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

a new battery beckons for the Sterling!

Need to get out more, roads are quiet at the moment...... go do some shopping therapy!! ....buy a battery !!

🚗  🛒

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I did, new battery sat in the hall now, £47 ish from ECP + £4 and change for a new fuel can and a free 5L bottle of Concentrated Screenwash plus attacked Sainsburys and Aldi and ot everything i needed (including 16 pints of milk) except bog rolls and pineapple slices in a tin (don't ask!) so i suppose i'll have to unleash my last captive troll from captivity and start wiping my behind with it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

They had a limit of 4 units of sale so i bought 4 pint bottles. It's the size i usually get and normally two bottles last 2-3 days so i've got 8-12 days worth now.

Just unleashed my final toilet roll from captivity so some time in the next month i need more retail therapy i the form of hunting down some wild toilet rolls.

• Haha 3

• Moderators

Today was clean up the van day, well the outside at least... as you have probably seen in the dirty vehicle thread it gets pretty bad !!

After a good wash I though I would hit it with the wet wax, quick job and move onto the Coupe...

Nope, discovered that the sides , upto about 3 feet off the floor were like sandpaper, covered in spots of tar.

Out with the Oblitarate tar remover and after several passes using the stuff on shop towels I manged to get it all off..put some Simoniz wax on after to protect it a bit as the tar remover removes EVERYTHING off the paint !!

20200326-094559.jpg

Looks pretty reasonable now...plenty of time to do more to it...all of the lockdown time actually !!

20200326-094516.jpg

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Ok, today is tranny oil change day.... and hopefully the ATF filter which on the Elysion is in its own little compartment above the transmission.

image.asp@nplid=F760016F

To get to the part, no 7 on the diagram you need to remove the bits associated with part 10..... to get to part 10 you need the air filter housing out of the way, one bolt is at the back out of sight,🙄 to get the airfilter housing out of the way the battery has to come out along with its housing ....could be some time !

I will update this thread as I progress, hopefully with some pics.

Dropping the ATF from the transmission is easy, just need a 3/8th breaker bar...you will need the leverage !

Edit Postimage server is down today so pics to follow soonest.

This is the link to take you to the full workout!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Still stuffed with pics and postimage.... 

nearly done job, keep getting called off to do other things but all going back together.. last pieces are in, just battery to go before testing....... waiting on battery charging now...for some reason its down at 11.8 volts...just from the van sitting around for a week due to lack of work.

Soon as I get access to postimage I have a "few" (!!! 🙄 ) pics to load and some comments

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s
4 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Ok, today is tranny oil change day.... and hopefully the ATF filter which on the Elysion is in its own little compartment above the transmission.

image.asp@nplid=F760016F

To get to the part, no 7 on the diagram you need to remove the bits associated with part 10..... to get to part 10 you need the air filter housing out of the way, one bolt is at the back out of sight,🙄 to get the airfilter housing out of the way the battery has to come out along with its housing ....could be some time !

I will update this thread as I progress, hopefully with some pics.

Dropping the ATF from the transmission is easy, just need a 3/8th breaker bar...you will need the leverage !

Edit Postimage server is down today so pics to follow soonest.

Love these schematic images. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Chrismas said:

Love these schematic images. 

Love or hate them, they still make it look easy 😄 I will be doing ATF on the accord, odyssey, legend soon. 🤪

3 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Soon as I get access to postimage I have a "few" (!!! 🙄 ) pics to load and some comments

Looking forward to pictures Pete, think it would make a good topic on its own.😉

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Looking forward to pictures Pete, think it would make a good topic on its own.😉

Ok, will do it in the appropriate place and link to it from this thread when done.

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

Just tweaked pictures and merged into one post and awarded 10 rep points, well-deserved Pete 👍

Cheers !

Just love my pictures being tweaked, much better than being snipped !!!! Probably feels better too 😁 !!!!!!!

• Haha 3

• Moderators

This morning I checked the battery for voltage, fully charged four days ago when I was doing the gearbox and the battery was off the vehicle, it's now at 11.6v....😭

The Elysion seems to be prone to consuming battery power as testified by several other owners...none of us have got to the bottom of the power drain yet...there is a multitude of fuses and at least three fuse boxes, that have been discovered so far, so testing each one will take some time.

It is first noticeable that the power is dropping as the fuel gauge drops to zero on cranking. With a full battery it does not drop, just dips momentarily. The next clue that the voltage is dropping is the loss of the radio memory...pain in the butt when that happens as the sat nav, rear camera, telephone functions etc are all lost.

There is never a problem turning the engine over even at just short of 12 volts...it will start too.Its really strange.

All the interior lights are turned off, there are a lot of them! Only the door lights cannot be knocked off temporarily. It seems to be losing less than 30 milliamps too which means there is something else not right...

I have checked out the alternator,, charging full power, no problem...

If it was the battery beginning to fail then why are a lot of other owners experiencing the problem?

Any thoughts appreciated !

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Could you not connect an ammeter in series with the battery and whilst monitoring it, remove fuses to see which circuits are causing the greatest parasitic drain? It might just point you in the right direction.

Alternatively, fit a new battery and see if things improve. Batteries can be funny buggers and easy to overlook when experiencing problems. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

I have checked out the alternator,, charging full power, no problem...

That may well be Pete, however what is the alternator doing when you're not testing it and the engine isn't running? Not a question you can answer easily unless you sit there with an ammeter between the battery and the vehicle electrical system 24/7 which just isn't possible.

Try disconnecting the alternator battery lead (wrap some insulating tape round it to prevent shorts) when the car is going to be idle for any time. Reconnect before starting - DON'T FORGET!!!!!

If the battery has remained charged, you have an intermittent fault in the alternator. Might take you a bit of time to find the fault and even then pinning down which part of the alternator is causing the problem is going to be tricky.

With a drain of 30mA, the battery should survive fairly well, most cars have anything up to 40mA drain normally, some a little over that and don't have problems. It's usually when the drain gets to over 100mA that things start getting dodgy.

• Like 3