Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Elysion Today?

PTR200S

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

When they said you could take a break, it's Lockdown they didn't mean "Play with your brakes, it's Lockdown"! :P

I was outside officer, met with Jack, gave me a hand lifting the van and I gave him my nuts to hold on his back end, socially distanced by a metre of course 🙂

Only tea was drunk although something stronger would have helped after a gust of wind lifted my foil container off the ground and dumped my pad retaining pins on the ground...took half an hour to locate them 🙄

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Today i installed  a new rear wiper,,,,genuine Honda, hope it lasts longer than the last one.....is it out of warranty after just two years do you think ???

Don't make them like they used too !!!

Didn't rain today...  🙄

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

This morning was clean van day, its been a while!!! Took over an hour just to carefully get the salt,grit etc off the panels before I could even start a proper wash job. Plenty of COLD water , wash solution and copious buckets of rain water helped it loose adhesion...

Checked fluids all good but need to change that oil !!!

Then went out to pick up some parts, then deliver to a job location ready for next week.  Shouldn't have bothered washing it 🤬

On the upside I spotted the only other Elysion in the area,  the local Odyssey man and a Coupe....haven't seen any of them for weeks !!!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Another cleaning day today, dry and sunny if a little chilly so ideal 😁 unlike the other day when I discovered the bust mudflap. 

Also took off the front mudflaps to repair the nearside one...... offside out too, checked ok. 

Bilt Hamber Dynax S50 into the front sills before they go back, just to keep on top of any corrosion that might be lurking inside the sills.

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, hughezee said:

I have started using this stuff as you seem to use it a lot Pete, I am impressed with it so far 👍 only time will tell though.😏

been using it for around ten years now and still impressed with it, not least of which the derusting agents are eco friendly but still very effective.   Some of the formula has changed over the years like all products , the key is the continued use of it, topping up at appropriate intervals as with other products. 

I particularly like the massive pressure the huge cannisters have, it means its possible to force stuff like Dynax into chassis members without always resorting to the air compressor and shultz gun !!

The underbody clear preventative is great in that its possible to keep an eye on areas that have rusted in the past rather than cover it with black goo.

Talking of which, the UC stuff can be sprayed on painted metal sills, that are on view, for winter protection and cleaned off relatively easily in the summer, great for cars with no plastic sill shields. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
4 hours ago, PTR200S said:

I particularly like the massive pressure the huge cannisters have, it means its possible to force stuff like Dynax into chassis members without always resorting to the air compressor and shultz gun !!

I did notice the ease of use, which was a big plus 👍

• Like 3

• Moderators

Was supposed to be doing an oil change today but got sidetracked on the Coupe and ended up just charging the battery, seems a bit sluggish again. 

The Jazz was supposed to be getting the exhaust rectified too but just not happened,,,sounds nice though !

Tomorrow is definitely oil change day as it is now pretty black, result of short runs around the local area..just over 4000 miles since the last change.. need a good vtecking really !

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Finally got the oil change done today....not without drama as the van dropped off both ramps due to the stupidity of this driver 🙄, took two trolley jacks to rescue it. 🙃🤪

Hope the inside of this filter isn't as bad as the outside ,  🤔  , couldn't see it at first, disappeared into the background !! Had to get a light in there !!!

20210227-120110.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

not without drama as the van dropped off both ramps due to the stupidity of this driver 🙄, took two trolley jacks to rescue it. 🙃🤪

I almost went off ramps with our first ever shuttle it had a sticky throttle 🤪 managed to stop before going over eeek.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, hughezee said:

I almost went off ramps with our first ever shuttle it had a sticky throttle 🤪 managed to stop before going over eeek.

Can tell you it makes a big noise !!!

Too much of a rush as I had loads to do today...

One ramp stuck under the nearside passenger door sill, just enough room to get the jack under the lift point forward of the offending item. Left side got caught under the mudflap and sill, had to stick the other jack under the front subframe to lift it about a foot so I could get the ramp out.

Doesn't seem to be any damage apart from a bent mudflap that hopefully will return to normal in the warm sun.....

and, of course, my ego , what a dickhead....😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, PaulS said:

One for your memoires....

Trying not to think/agonise about it let alone record it for posterity!!!!

Oops, I have just done that,  haven't I  !!!

Just don't know how I could have managed to make such a cock of it  , I have driven all sorts of vehicles up ramps over the years  ........  !!!

• Haha 3

• Moderators

Tomorrow is mot time, 7.45am.

I don't like presenting yucky vehicles although sometimes the road conditions don't help.

Spent about six hours on it, at least two of those cleaning off the tar on the sides, right up to the door handles again. Felt like 80 grit 😭

Also realised it was up the back hatch too, it is a dirty beast at that end ! That's when it dawned on me that the reason the rear wiper gets trashed is the tar residue on the windows. Not as bad as the sides but the tar remover shifted it, cloth was a lovely shade of brown !!!

Will have to keep an eye on that, cheaper to clean window of residue than buy a new wiper !!

Checked all the fluids, good to go now....can't be sure but might be a slight weep on the ps feed pipe to pump...an Elysion " they all do that, sir !! "

Lights humming nicely although the reg plate light, one, needed the , have some of this, tap 😂

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

As it developed into a full blown ps leak a while back the Elysion has been off the road three months,  the gap ably filled by the Coupe so continuous V6 POWER 👊 !!!!!! Up yours Greta 🖕

The van will be back on the road tomorrow,  1st September, fluids checked, tyres blown up, battery charged,  radio stations tuned , dash cam plugged back in...........oh, and road tax purchased 🤣

we are good to go, load tools in tonight and its an 8am start tomorrow,  yippee !! 🙃

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

A few days in to the return to road and everything seems to be functioning OK, all dry on the PS front, going well and averaging around 27mpg this week.

There is a but !!! The inside and outside have become a home for hoards of spiders !!! Webs everywhere!

They obviously decided it was a good home for the 3 months off the road, still J Henry Hoover managed to shift them but overnight the reg plate area , door mirrors and the rear spoiler become home for some wonderful silken creations.! 

Amazing how the spiders turn in to Klingons despite the warp factor speed the Elysion can muster !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Short story, err, long here !

Having a nightmare with spiders again this last couple of weeks..

a week ago had two spiders on the sun visor again, webs from there to the mirror, onto the dash cam and down to the heater controls...busy beasts !! 🕷️🕸️

Shifted them and a cluster of eggs off the back of the visor....  driving down the road couple of days back, sunshine out so moved visor down (had noticed more webs on the dash cam mirror interface) and there were two more spiders eyeing me from the top of the visor. !

Managed to dislodge one and put it out the window without causing problems for other road users !! second one dropped into my lap....moved onto my knee so grabbed at it and it ran between my legs and under, onto the seat 🙄

At that point I had to stop, bang it into "P" to search for it...it then ran over my leg again, grabbed it and threw it out the window...all good....

Last couple of days more webs and bugger, another one dropped off the visor onto my arm and then fired its little rope and swung onto my leg, managed to grab the "rope" and it and the spider exited stage right !!

Point of the story, well, thorough vacuum this morning EVERYWHERE inside !!! .....there are a lot of nooks and crannies in an Elysion !

Cleaned the wheels whilst I was at it, just got to get the body cleaned now.

Fluid check, all good including the power steering pump, well happy with that now., tyre pressures to do as well and we are good to go for another week.

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

I think the spiders are attracted by the technology in the Elysion, after all they were the original web designers and the only ones pleased to find a bug in them! :P

Joking aside, there do seem to be a plague of spiders this year, much fewer winged insects though so looks like the birds will be well fed on spiders at least.

Meanwhile my Volvo has grown many spiders webs in various places as has my bungalow. The upside is that i've seen many mosquitoes in the spiders webs so i've happily left them where they are. Better for a spider to be chomping the mosquitoes than the mosquitoes chomping me! ;):D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2