Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Elysion Today?

PTR200S

• Moderators

Today, I have dun nuffin to Elly...🤣 still needs a bodywork bath but it's raining on and off and it needs a good seeing too (🤪ooh, err !! )

Today was Coupe day, as is tomorrow,  its been chewing through its fuel today as well !!!

Roll on COP26, 🤭🤭🤭🤭

• Clap Hands 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Today, Elly gets a bath and clean out inside, then the once over everything else plus I now have a problem with the washer jets not spraying enough, almost like they are blocked and I do use proper washer fluid so I don't expect mould growth in the tank...hope the washer motor is not beginning to give up.

other than that , its running great so " don't play with it, Dad, it ain't broke !

• Like 1

• Moderators

Definitely a jet outlet problem on the drivers side, a bit of poking with fuse wire has helped but still not giving a full pressure hit. There is enough to get just over half way up the screen at standstill so I suspect at 30mph it will be down a quarter.  Not quite sure how to get it out, for a full clean or replacement,  access is limited unlike the passenger side one !!! which has its own access panel 🙃

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yeah, done that a few times too but in this case the pipes are up inside the scuttle with a cover guard over it.  The cover guard has a couple of inspection panels in it but because its cold I am worried about breaking the plastic / integral clips so going to leave it until I can get a heat gun to it and see if I can ease it off.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Had the vibration on the front brakes sorted, no discs available in the uk but plenty of meat left on my discs so they've been faced and new pads fitted. sooo much better

Had the same vibration,  felt like warped disks though so ordered a new pair of disks from Cox plus pads...

When I dismantled it the pads were bad but disk run out was true...replaced with new pads and left old disks on....vibration gone 😄

Got a set of disks on the shelf now.....and an accident damaged van 🙄 off the road.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 2:00 PM, PTR200S said:

Had the same vibration,  felt like warped disks though so ordered a new pair of disks from Cox plus pads...

When I dismantled it the pads were bad but disk run out was true...replaced with new pads and left old disks on....vibration gone 😄

Got a set of disks on the shelf now.....and an accident damaged van 🙄 off the road.

The discs needed doing, even i could see they weren't right as they were quite marked up. Could have been damage caused by failing pads though. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

The discs needed doing, even i could see they weren't right as they were quite marked up. Could have been damage caused by failing pads though. 

Definitely worth facing them up as long as the minimum disk thickness is borne in mind, I was able to get away with cleaning mine up too although not a reface.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

Having finally got the Elysion back from the accident repair, nearly 7 months, it was a Big vacuum job today, spiders and snakes and all that, discovered two pain killer packets in the glove box, empty foils inside....the bodyshop guys  must have had a big headache repairing the van !!!!

Foglight bulb replaced again, it's end must have dropped off the bulb after the mot 😂😂😂

Cleaned the loose carpet mats in the footwells with carpet cleaner, they have come up really well. 

Replaced the reg plate bulb the other day, saga elswhere !!

Everything looks good now for the return to the road, new battery powered up, just got to programme the radio unit with some stations, check the rear view camera and the tyre pressures,,,,,roll on the 1st June 😀😀😀😀

• Like 3

• Founding Member
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

just got to programme the radio unit with some stations, check the rear view camera and the tyre pressures,,,,,roll on the 1st June

If you run out of jobs and have time on your hands, please let me know and I will pass on some of mine....  front wheel bearing and track rod end on my C240 are high on the list... then the wheel arch lip on my coupe... just for 2 upcoming jobs. 

Spent most of today working out what was wrong  with and then how to fix my old Karcher pressure washer that had dropped from 120 bar to 10 bar over winter....  The internal pressure gasket around the pump valves was found to be blown (shaped rubber O ring - naturally not available so had to make my own [3 attempts]) and the pressure bypass valve & bore corroded up (valve now freed up, bore honed), valve now sliding freely again and the re-assembled beast back to 120bar....

• Like 5

• Moderators

I am sure I can find plenty to do !!!!! but thanks for the offer of jobs, Paul 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Had that problem with my karcher too, valve and bore corroded, must be that "well 'ard " water we have !!!!

Still got a Chaffinch that thinks its a budgie problem...keeps me occupied too 🙃🙃

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Today, well tonight actually, I needed to adjust the rear view camera as it seems to have been twisted in the body shop, interesting view, sideways on !!!  also was to check the cabin/pollen filter...it is BAD !! four years since the change last time.

Ordered a new one hopefully to receive next week, in the meantime a quick clean out and replace for the time being. it's an easy fit job, MUCH, MUCH easier than the Coupe ! 😛

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Elly got the once over this morning,  all OK, except needed another 10 psi in the tyres,,,forgot to check those basics on Wednesday when it went back on the road....1000 lines " I need to check my tyres every week" !!!!!

Cabin filter on its way but put the old one back for now, cleaned obviously!!

There is a creak from the front left, where the accident damage was, on turning at slow speed, more so in reverse.......sounds like a spring type creak 🤔🤔🤔🤔  perhaps the joints need slackening off and resetting at ground level...

That fabulous V6 engine is purring,  just like the Coupe,,,in a bigger body !!

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Just over a week since Elly has been back on the road. 

Today it needed a check over, all fluids good but it will need an oil change soon, nearly 7 months and only 40 miles in that time to and  from the mot centre, bodyshop and home hasn't done the oil any favours...its black !!

A bigger problem was yet another windscreen chip and also the new cabin filter needed to be installed that arrived in the week, just two bolts on the glove box and easy access.

I used a windscreen chip kit to seal it up .....no not a unknown insect splat but the kit in action !

20220610-182302.jpg

I think I will be in for a windscreen within the year. 

The passenger side windscreen washer jet was also clogged up, presumably with dirt that has sat around in the bodyshop environment. A good poke,  ooh, err , up the hole fixed that  !!

So, looking good, it's such a good ride and so reminiscent of the way the Coupe drives its like its never been away !!

• Like 2

• Administrators
13 hours ago, PTR200S said:

A good poke,  ooh, err , up the hole fixed that  !!

I would watch where you poke things Pete, if you are not careful you will lose the ability to spray effectively and it will be reduced to a dribble.😆

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Tonight Elly decided to make a smell !!  🤭

Got a stuck brake I think on the front left,  the side that was squished in the accident....tonight's job / tomorrow morning when it's cooler !! it's going to have to come apart.  

On the upside all fluids are good, she pulls like a train despite the E10 half tank I put in BUT the engine sounds noisy..much like the Jazz did that I reported on when it was running E10....

Am I just too fussy or do others get the same problem from E10????

• Sad 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Am I just too fussy or do others get the same problem from E10????

I have found noisy fuels tend to be Esso & Texaco in general, but don't forget the E% figure is up too so some E5 or E10's fuels will contain less or more ethanol than others. The best example was the old 99RON Tesco momentum contained 2% ethanol according to tests at the time, as it is a cheap way to raise the octane level. The extra engine noise was definitely more apparent compared with Shell for example.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 6/17/2022 at 9:33 PM, hughezee said:

I have found noisy fuels tend to be Esso & Texaco in general, but don't forget the E% figure is up too so some E5 or E10's fuels will contain less or more ethanol than others. The best example was the old 99RON Tesco momentum contained 2% ethanol according to tests at the time, as it is a cheap way to raise the octane level. The extra engine noise was definitely more apparent compared with Shell for example.

I am back on Shell now, engine definitely not as "knocky" as it was...but I am on E5 at moment...E10 next fill..

I understood that E10 had to have 10% bioshite in it, no less..whereas E5 could be anywhere between zero and 5%  ????  Is this correct??

It seems like the authorities are trying to pull the wool over our eyes.....oh, they are !

I see BJ is trying to step on the bioshite production to improve food production...wait until Carrie gets him home !!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

This week Elly has been pulling a trailer with heavy loads of soil and timber...on the last pull yesterday a speed bump jumped up , out of the road, in a twenty limit that I was motoring along at a more reasonable 30mph...don't forget " twenty's shite, thirty's right "  !!!!

The resultant bang underneath turned out to be the rear body moulding mud flap being torn out of the location holes on the rear right side...it's held on by three screws, an inner one behind the wheel and two more on the wheel arch, the top wheel arch screw is longer than the other two so don't mix them up !!

Luckily the inner retainer had taken the brunt of the hit but needed the nylon locator had been pulled out, result was the flap catching the tyre 🙃🙃🙃

I managed to get it all back in again eventually,  is the suspension too low, the trailer to heavy or the council to blame 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Today was strip the front brakes down as they have been creaking even when not applied at trickle speed , like reversing. 

Sure enough the caliper sliders were tight along with the pad groove full to bursting with brake dust..the pad ears were interference fit and not clogged but the stainless seating needed a good clean.

40 minutes to do both sides was reasonable and they have definetly reduced the creaking...I can now hear the back left creaking 🙃🙃

• Like 2