Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Elysion Today?

PTR200S

• Moderators

Whilst I had the headlight cleaning stuff out doing the Jazz I thought I might do Elly as well....not come up as well as the Jazz  so might have to break out the full headlight cleaning gear later this week.

All fluids checked everything OK, still wondering if I might need to turn the suspension on the front up another full turn., decisions,  decisions, a first world problem, don't you know !!!!

And it got another bath 🥰

• Like 1

• Moderators

After a run out with the trailer to collect some planters off a customer the rear end of the Elysion is it bit pogo like, still ,so another two turns on the Tein rear dampers to bring it up to 8, halfway house..

So that's 9 on the front and 8 on the back, will see how it compares but they seem to be close now..

Front is still a touch low, so might test another turn on the platform when I feel energetic  !!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I hate potholes !!!!  ( and speed, fekin, humps !!) 

An unavoidable hole ripped the mudflap off the nearside front....again..happened about 3 years ago too, if i recall.

The flap consists if two parts "glued" together down its length and designed to integrate with the lower arch complete with body colour.

Tonight I have managed to glue it together again but this time I hit it with sikoflex in the hope it will hold another couple of years. 

With the state of the roads and getting worse, I don't really hold out much hope though. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

The van is running great though, V6 power purring along 🥰🥰🥰

After a bath and a good hour spent cleaning off the roof,  pterodactyl poop  !! ,  she is looking good too...after work tomorrow,  Saturday,  she will be getting a good clean out on the inside as well.🤣🤣

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Today was fluid check day, tranny fluid ok, washer fluid, coolant and oil all upto the mark...engine oil is looking a bit dark now so must be coming up for an oil and filter change...note to self, check service record 🤪

As I haven't really checked the van for around three weeks so happy with it !! 

Just got to check tyres now and general poke around underneath this afternoon ....might need to bath it too !!

20230812-141007.jpg

20230812-141021.jpg

And those wheels, well, might take some cleaning now 😜

20230812-141028.jpg

• Clap Hands 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Nearly three weeks since I last cleaned the Elysion,  work duty every day including most weekends has taken its toll.....and yesterday the sat nav radio thingy finally gave up the ghost, five and a half years in 😭😭😭😭😭

The thermostat also needs changing....Hopefully , Saturday afternoon may provide an opportunity to pull off the covers and get the radio out.....if I can remember how I assembled it !!!!

Also need an oil and filter change and if I have time a partial gearbox fluid change is on the horizon. 

Realistically,  I don't think I will have time for it all this weekend but I need that radio out as I am missing the use of the reversing camera !

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Managed a tyre check,,coming up for a new tyre or two on the back...🤑🤑🤑....tyre pressures down 6 pounds all round, equally on all tyres ( no its not the gauge!! )...I think the colder weather hasn't helped but in any case 6 pounds is equivalent to nearly 20% down...not helping fuel economy. 

Oil is still BLACK !  got to change it in next few days, per$$i$ting down at moment...its not the mileage that has killed it but the stop start nature of the locality its been driven in..traffic lights, speed humps , fekin 20mph zones, roadworks which seem to be everywhere with four way lights on them, cyclists riding in the main road holding people up when they have new specially built cycle lanes...paid for with my taxes,,,it all combines to take its toll on the oil with heat etc.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Got in just before it got dark tonight and had another clean at the wheels which didn't get done properly when the bus was cleaned two days ago.

Out with the Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner and a spoke brush. Job done, but....

Two wheels are looking worse for wear, chips and a couple of bits of lifting paint....

Just wondering whether to paint again or powder coat...anyone any thoughts ?, how have you refurbished your wheels ???

Said wheels in better times !

20201027_125803.jpg

• Moderators
4 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Just wondering whether to paint again or powder coat...anyone any thoughts ?, how have you refurbished your wheels ???

There's pros and cons to both methods Pete, you pays yer money etc. I believe yours were originally painted and (assuming it's the same colour as Rover models used) will be Silver Sparkle and i believe the Rover paint code is MNH - also think Honda used the same paint but under a different code.

There is a new powder coat that is very similar to chrome finish which would look really good on a darker car.

https://www.electrostaticmagic.co.uk/collections/new-powder-coating-powders/products/high-chrome

They also do pweder coating kits if you have an old electric oven you can repurpose........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Today was oil change day...🤪 , new Honda filter and semi synthetic 10/40.

The oil filler cap was stuck tight as was the oil filter...have to check the records when I write up the service but it must have been sometime ago for them to have stuck tight !!

The oil was BLACK  🫢🫢🫢 

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s
23 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Nearly 3yrs since I had my Civic wheels powder coated and they're still nearly as nice as the day they were done - quite impressed with the result holding up that well for that long
k3H9qcb.jpg
Full disclosure, they've only ever had ideal running conditions which has probably helped keep them nice. Only get used during summer, taken off, properly washed and swapped for a set of winter wheels every year after 6/7 months of use and then dry stored in a shed.

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Not been running the van for a couple of weeks but a good washing today after a lovely outing this morning..plenty of V6 vtecing going on 😂😂

Got to get on with the maintenance requirements this next week or two....after sorting the semi auto civic which is in dire need of a service....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

More V6 power today, been playing with the "snow" traction control ...bit slippy, not much in the way of standing snow really just a dusting, as I left this morning but a mile up the road and no snow !!

I think the snow button just shoves in a higher gear than normal,,,might be integrated with the ALB too as it seems more sensitive with the snow button on.

Anyway , an enjoyable morning out in Elly,  forecast snow for tomorrow,  proper snow apparently  !!

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Today I will dig Elly out... and use that snow button again 🤣🤣

Fetch the spade, Granville....

Still snowing but lighter now, rain predicted later....

20240116-083334.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators

The "New Ice Age" is well and truly here! :o

Rumour has it that next week it'll be up to 13-15C but as the temperature goes up in winter, the wet stuff comes down too. Think we've all seen enough rain to last a lifetime, i know i have recently!

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Laird_Scooby said:

The "New Ice Age" is well and truly here! :o

Rumour has it that next week it'll be up to 13-15C but as the temperature goes up in winter, the wet stuff comes down too. Think we've all seen enough rain to last a lifetime, i know i have recently!

Don't forget the green dogooders said the temperature is rising though...or falling !!!   That's why they changed their mantra from climate warming, a few years back, to climate change....then they can have it both ways...

• grrrr 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Don't forget the green dogooders

Those people really wind me up! 🤬

Especially those Just Stop Oil idiots that block roads creating so many emissions from people sat there with their engines idling, not to mention ambulances and other emergency service vehicles not being able to get past!

If i had my way, they would be converted into fuel for all those vehicles..............

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Running about in the Elysion today, the lovely silky smooth V6 power is just so, erm, lovely. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oil check, water check, ps fluid extract and replace with new. All good.

Offside rear tyre down in pressure,  hope it's not another puncture...tread getting low, might be in for a couple tyres soon..

• Like 1