Subscriptions & Donations Γ—

What Have You Done To Your Elysion Today?

PTR200S

• Moderators
2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Offside rear tyre down in pressure,Β  hope it's not another puncture...tread getting low, might be in for a couple tyres soon..

Could it also be you haven't used it for a while and it's just leaked around the rim/valve?

Was following a RHD USA spec Odyssey today........... more available and affordable than an Elysin but without the V6. Tempting though!

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Could it also be you haven't used it for a while and it's just leaked around the rim/valve?

I have been using it a fair bit in the last three / four weeks or so as the Volvo is being an arse and the Coupe is off the road !!!!.....got a lot on with vehicles at the moment.πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hmmmm, that's that theory gone with the wind then! :P

I've had similar in the past, if it hasn't been the valve core leaking i've resealed the beads using one of two possible methods. First is to deflate the tyre, push the tyre as far as possible away from the bead towards the centre and run a bead of black RTV around it (inside and outside of the rim), wait 15-20 minutes for the sealant to flash off then re-inflate and leave 24 hours before refitting to allow the RTV to cure.

Second method is to use TyreWeld or a similar product, drive the 20 minutes or however long it is and then check/adjust pressure to correct level.

Both methods are a pain to remove the tyre when it needs changing though. A lot depends on how much life the tyre has though.

• Clap Hands 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Today, the second day without rain and very little wind, I decided to check on the rear lights, for water ingress.

Some time ago, a couple of years possibly,Β  I had a fishtank in one of the rear light units...

Today , I have TWO 😭😭😭😭 !!!!

Where is gets parked it get the full force of wind and rain and because its never let up for four months, apart from the odd days, both lights have pretty much obscured lenses.. the offside one has been like that for a few months, I keep taking the bulbs out to let it dry out but now the nearside one is the same....

The mot is on the 22nd so I need to get them dried out...looks like the hot air gun is favourite although a hairdryer is probably gentler !!!!!

Anyone else have the same problem???

• Confused 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Maybe a 3mm hole drilled in the bottom of each light unit will allow them to drain?

Have considered this....then seal up the hole again ?

Trouble is I can't find where it is getting in, got to be a seal, or maybe between the reverse light lense and the tail/ brake lense joint....

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Have considered this....then seal up the hole again ?

Leave it as a permanent drain, certainly until you find the source of the water ingress.

53 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Trouble is I can't find where it is getting in,

Could be anywhere, even around the door and traveling by capilliary action.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Today was a bottoming day for Elly....😜😜😜😜 ooh, err !

It is MOT day on Monday,Β  7.30am sharp, so everything got emptied out, washed, cleaned,Β  checked.

PS fluid down a touch,Β  need to keep an eye on that just in case we have a problem developing again.

Just got to give the wheels another go , last check on all mot bits and good to go , MondayΒ 

πŸ˜›

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Tackled the wheels saffy, using Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner they came up really well considering the neglect over the winter months .....and the "rainy" season we seem to have had 🀣🀣🀣🀣 tyres came good too with 303 Protecterant. Wheel arches mucked out too.

Door shuts, nooks and crannies , including scraping moss out of places I didn't know existed !! Headlights looked a bit cloudy so did the business on those too.

Good wipe around the cabin, re arrange the seating as they have been folded down all winter in working van mode. Got cobwebs off the dash and sun visors πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚....no idea where the little blighters are that did the deed but I expect they will have another go tonight.

Last job tomorrow is vac out the floor,Β  plus any cobwebs ! , and it's ready for inspection Monday πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Today I have checked over the front suspension after the tyre advisory on the mot...can't find anything bent but it definetly needs tracking.

Took the opportunity to raise the suspension one full turn on the front, it was still a bit low even after lifting it one turn on the platforms last year....neede to do this anyway before the tracking get done.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Tracking booked for Wednesday morning now....looks like its definitely out even just a visual check.

Amazed that it drives well, albeit with a slight pull to the left...should have checked it when the pothole got its way with the wheel !!,Β  might have saved the tyreΒ πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

should have checked it when the pothole got its way with the wheel !!,Β  might have saved the tyreΒ πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

Hindsight is a fantastic tool but, like many other things in life, too little, too late! :o

I can't count the number of times a strange noise/behaviour has happened and i've decided to see what develops instead of investigating immediately - usually ended up costing me! :o

• Clap Hands 1