Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Elysion Today?

PTR200S

• Moderators

What Stu said! ^^^^^ Reminds me, i need to check mine, i had fully intended doing a part change after slightly overfilling when i added the separate ATF cooler and that would have sorted the level but i .......................... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .................... forgot! 😳

• Like 3

On 9/8/2019 at 9:09 PM, PTR200S said:

Just managed to trace this having found a parts number facility for the Elysion 😅 

$2.30 ....... Plus shipping of just shy of 30 dollars !!!! From States.

Few of inches of pipe, weighs fek all....

I ordered the atf filter from these guys they have your hose for less than £10 inc postage took about 10 days to come back https://www.amayama.com/en/part/honda/19522rcaa00

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Given up trying to find the disk problem / vibration so ordered new disks from Cox Honda, another job to do now as they have arrived !

Interestingly these new disks are only 28mm....which in theory means the old disks are hardly worn yet they show over 1mm discrepancy from what they appear to be, 29mm.  Perhaps they are the incorrect disks on the vehicle now....

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Interestingly these new disks are only 28mm....which in theory means the old disks are hardly worn yet they show over 1mm discrepancy from what they appear to be, 29mm.  Perhaps they are the incorrect disks on the vehicle now....

All discs for the RR3 Elysion reference 28mm, hope the new ones solve your niggle Pete

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Today was a quick coolant check to make sure all was still leak free, the new pipe hasn't arrived yet but the substitute is working fine.

Also realised it was at least a year since a power steering fluid part change and although everything seems to be ok in the steering department another change wouldn't go amiss.

I managed to acquire some genuine Honda ps fluid earlier in the year so a quick suck out of the old fluid to the bottom of the reservoir proved an eye opener as it was pretty cloudy/dirty.

New fluid in and a note to self to do another change in a couple of months time.

An oil check plus brake fluid check revealed no problems so all good.....except i still haven't changed the disks yet ! 😞 

• Like 3

• Moderators

A BIG thank you to ST123 for recommending Amayama for Honda spare parts.... the coolant pipe I ordered on the 16 September arrived today.... all the way from Osaka, Japan for just over six quid plus the 2.28 ish for the pipe !!! Bit less than the the 25 quid from the States and thirty odd pounds from a UK supplier !!!

20190925-145107.jpg

20190925-145137.jpg

Question now is, Do I use the Honda clips or use "jubilee clips" ?

20190925-145352.jpg

• Like 4

• Founding Member
On 9/25/2019 at 3:23 PM, PTR200S said:

Question now is, Do I use the Honda clips or use "jubilee clips" ?

Honda clips every time. The Honda clips will expand and contract in sympathy with the temperature changes and retain a good seal. Jubilee clips are a bit brutal in my opinion, can become loose and encourage hoses to pop off and I don’t think they look as professional. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

As I seem to be doing a lot of brake works  at the moment , Coupe, Bandit, Elly decided she needed some attention too !

Rear nearside brake started to squeak, gentle application running forward or more often when reversing odd times. The disk and pads looked good but I could see a sheen of rust appearing on the disk.

Time to investigate, don't need a Coupe job mid week !!

Wheel off, caliper looked clean and tidy, 12mm bolts holding the pad carrier on just like the Coupe but internal drum handbrake / disk setup.

Bolts look like they have never been off, perfect, no rust still got the green factory locktite on.

Brake pads perfect except a build up of dust on the pad ears and the clearance groove in the pad. Sliders absolutely spot on.

Handbrake clearance excellent, no binding whatsoever.

The ears were definitely tight in the stainless holders which are also fancy 3 way sprung versions so clean up , cleared the dust, regreased and installed again, no squeaking now !!!

Just got to work myself up to doing the otherside now and also pull the front ones off at some point...

Well pleased with lack of corrosion under there though, just got to keep it that way !

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Been trying to track down a wet "doggy" type smell in Elly... been through the usual suspects, wet carpet, upholstery, found the kiddies GREEN sandwich in the map pocket behind drivers seat.... not that though... a sponge chammy that had gone off in a plastic bag in the drivers door, not that but did pong a bit 🙄 

Drove with window down most of today, sunshine ! yipee!, still smell it....

decided to check the coolant just in case its leaking somewhere inside, nope all good....

Cabin/Pollen filter? only 18 months old can't be that surely...

cabin-filter-1-300120.jpg

cabin-filter-2-300120.jpg

yuk, complete with wildlife... still not convinced its the cause but it can't be good for it !

• Like 2

• Moderators

I did think that actually but I have been all over the back, carpets, seats etc, nothing doing 😭 

Just going to have to pull a lot of stuff out if this pollen filter is not the cause...need a warm day !! Sunshine is one thing but heat would be fabulous !

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Sunshine?  what's that??? Its been raining again early morning today and cloudy most of the rest.... I did see some sort of bright orange glow about 17:00 though and was optimistic for tomorrow until I saw the forecast of heavy rain....  Heat would also be great, but in Manchester that would seem to mean warm rain....

• Haha 2

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Sunshine?  what's that??? Its been raining again early morning today and cloudy most of the rest.... I did see some sort of bright orange glow about 17:00 though and was optimistic for tomorrow until I saw the forecast of heavy rain....  Heat would also be great, but in Manchester that would seem to mean warm rain....

Been a great day on the West Coast, oop norf, out on the Triumph 675 for a blast to St Helens before work, can't beat it ! 😎 Dry all day....needed to be Elly the Smelly needed to have the window open !!!

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Ordered the new filter from Cox Honda, supposed copy filters are not a good fit, .....£21 so not out of the way but then I thought better check the other motors, all just as bad, must have had a good insect year too!!!....132 quid in the end !!!

Ah, well, just have to work more hours I guess 😃  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Whilst the filters for the  internal system are out I decided to use an "air con cleaner" (con? Could be ! )

I have had a Comma version sitting the shelf for over 10 years, new tin someone gave me.....not convinced with this type of snake oil so never used it.

Still, it was there so it makes another space on the shelf therefore its gone.

Fired up aircon, full blowers front and rear cabins, two separate systems on this version of the Elysion , set the canister off in the rear compartment, shut all doors and stood back!

Took about 10 mins for canister to finish, left another 5 mins running then opened the door...smells nice but has it done anything?  Wait and see I guess.

Anybody had any sucess or thoughts if you have used it before?

• Like 2

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Fired up aircon, full blowers front and rear cabins, two separate systems on this version of the Elysion , set the canister off in the rear compartment, shut all doors and stood back!

Did you remember to press the "Recirc" button before you did all that? They do work (usually) but if you've had it on the shelf for 10 years, it may have lost it's efficacy. Also if you didn't press the Recirc button, it would be drawing in fresh air and not cleaning the stuff inside the heater box as it would with the recirc button on pulling the air from inside the car and errrrrrrrrrr.................. recirculating it to clean it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

its a full blown climate control system so it auto selected the recirc whilst its gets up to temperature/humidity etc......checked to make sure but , obviously, it had gone to external probably some 10 minutes after launch !

I guess I could have knocked the auto off and manually set all the controls but I reckon it will have had a good dose of the "stuff" 

• Like 3

• Administrators
8 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Anybody had any sucess or thoughts if you have used it before?

I have used various A.C bombs in my time and they only seem to offer a short term smell fix, I just leave the A.C running all the time and it is only when it gets switched off accidentally it smells like dry ice or pondlike the odyssey has two units front and rear and never bothered with rear inlet.

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s
On 1/31/2020 at 9:23 PM, hughezee said:

I have used various A.C bombs in my time and they only seem to offer a short term smell fix, I just leave the A.C running all the time and it is only when it gets switched off accidentally it smells like dry ice or pondlike the odyssey has two units front and rear and never bothered with rear inlet.

Run the car until it's hot. Close all vents, turn the AC on, and heat on full, not cold. The heat in the system will help eliminate the smell. Not sure if kills any bacteria lurking in the system, but it gets it hot and bakes it. I've had good results in lots of cars this way. 

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Not really any work but Elly was at the MoT station today, passed, but took a couple of pics of the underside.... two years down the line from import and still looking pretty good. A clean off later in the year and an application of BH UC should keep it up to scratch.

MoT-20-b.jpg

MoT-20-a.jpg

MoT-20-c.jpg

MoT-20-d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1