Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• Founding Member
4 hours ago, welland99 said:

Am i correct in thinking there are a couple of rubber plugs in the bottom of the sills?

Yes, I removed the bungs in the inside bottom of the wheel arches.  The Lanoguard kit comes with a decent length application pipe  - but I also got the extension pipe for longer reach to suit inaccessible areas.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, PaulS said:

The Lanoguard kit comes with a decent length application pipe  - but I also got the extension pipe for longer reach to suit inaccessible areas.

You went for the all-singing, all-dancing kit with all the bells and whistles then Paul? The "Ultimate" kit at a guess?

https://www.lanoguard.co.uk/products/lanoguard-vehicle-underbody-and-chassis-care-kit?variant=40909666287772

Not cheap but a friend on a different forum had a quot to have his Merc checked/repaired/Dinitroled and it came to £800, twice what he paid for the same on his Volvo 940 (similar size car) 6 years ago. That makes the kit good value if you can do it yourself! ;):D

• Like 1

• Moderators

Managed to get swmbo to pump my pedal today 🤭 ...

got all four corners pumped through with a new bottle of dot 4...some of the fluid looked to have got a "bloom" in which I thought might be water but the fluid tester says not. 

The small pipe bracket under the body and above the subframe, behind the wheelarch was a barsteward to fit back.😡

Anyway,  all clear now and the pedal is as hard as it used to be before the burst...Will leave overnight and see if it is still good in the morning.

Hit the BH fluid everywhere again and particularly on the brake pipe areas that I had disturbed along with a good dose around the subframe and underbody. 

Hopefully the job is signed off now and Greenie is returned to the road 😍😍😍

• Clap Hands 1

• Founding Member
22 hours ago, RevvinKevin said:

Paul, Did you purchase at the show?

How much compared to the £132 odd advertised elsewhere?

I bought the small sprayer bottle and application tubes & extension lance at the show for £22 (deal on the day and I think I was his first customer that day!  Could have got a deal on the fluid too, but then I would have had to carry it around all day and then home on the train & bus...), then bought the 2l Lanoguard tub and tub sprayer on Amazon for £65 delivered.  In my view that was a very fair price for the lot, quite a bit cheaper that I have seen elsewhere.  To do the sill cavities you will need the sprayer injector lance (360 degree nozzle on end) and possibly the extention tube (not seen that extension tube on the Lanoguard website).

The £132 utimate kit does have 2x 2L liquid and some grease, I only got a small sample tin of grease (enough to put on brake pipes etc) and 1x 2l Lanoguard.  That is enough for me to try out.... I guess my solo kit is more similar to the Injector kit than the ultimate kit.   The tub sprayer is better for getting under wheel arches , but the sprayer bottle is better for doing underneath the car where the tub might fall over & leak!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Today is oil change day . Coupe and 2 x Jazz 😛

It seems I haven't changed the oil in the Coupe since last August.....erm, 2021 !! Nor the Jazz since, oh, bugger, July 2021...

can't understand how that has happened,  I was sure I did it earlier this year !!!! Having said that all the cars have done no more than 3500 miles this last year. 

The Coupe got Smith and Allen oil and a Honda S2k filter whilst the shopping trolleys got Tradetec and standard Honda filters...

• Like 3

• Founding Member

New action today - I have put the electric dehumidifier in the coupe to attempt to dry out the paddling pool.  Somehow one of us (discussion still raging!) left the passenger window half open earlier this week (last time the coupe was used!) and it has rained a lot since...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators

Argggghhhh,  paddling pools in cars are really annoying especially as a consequence of " someone else " being the culprit !!!  Wouldn't push that possibility too far though, or the couch will be beckoning tonight 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You probably have already done this but I use newspapers , lay them on top of the carpet the water gets sucked up from above.  If you have a carpet cleaner or a wet and dry vac give it a good suck with that too, amazing how much water comes out of your dry carpet !!

Last time I had to do that job, back footwell of a jazz,  it took several goes before it was worth trying to dehumidify it. I just left newspapers under the mat, on top of the carpet, for a few days after that which dried it out completely. 

• Clap Hands 1

• Founding Member

Luckily the car has dried out nicely - I think I got about 2 litres of water out with my dehumidifier....  Just hope no electrical items suffered....  time will tell....  Carpets dry now..... hope the leather has not been dried too much....

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Founding Member
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Does it smell ? ..

What sort of dehumidifier did you use, sounds pretty strong 😁

Thankfully no remaining smell.  I have 3 dehumidifiers, this one was my medium size (Hotpoint DH10 dryair), that just fits in the rear nearside foot well when the front seat is as far forward as possible.  Yes, it is pretty good....

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Weather can be strange! I have a small shed in my "side garden" next to the path between front and back and to prevent the pooch running to the gate and terrorising the postie and others, i park the 2 wheelie bins sideways (one back to the house, other back to the shed) side-by-side on the path.

During a recent rainstorm that i didn't know about, the bin nearest the back garden was bone dry. The one nearest the front was soaking wet and it was chucking it down at the front, blue sky and sunshine at the back!

Somewhere i have a photo taken from the front door where i lived before looking down the road - up to about 200yds it was sunshine and blue sky. Then a neat line across the road with the rain coming down like stair-rods and clouds as black as your hat! :o

Also had a few (good-natured) arguments with friends in different parts of the village, some close (under 100yds away as the crow or F-15 flies) and others a bit further (~300yds by similar travel, ~1.5 miles by road!!!) and one of us will say it's hammering down and t'other will insist it's brilliant sun.

Would it be fair to assume your Coupe was in the shade at the front?

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Would it be fair to assume your Coupe was in the shade at the front?

Yes it was but you would have thought the "heat" would have transmitted along the metal but it barely changed it was that cold. !!!

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Yes it was but you would have thought the "heat" would have transmitted along the metal but it barely changed it was that cold. !!!

Having seen the same effect on all three of my wee beasties, i wouldn't which was what prompted my question. I think the sun is just too weak at the moment to do anything other than melt ice that's borderline in the first place. Also my garden thermometer gets the sun from sun up to about 3/4 of the way through the day (when the day is the amount of sunlight hours available) but even that hasn't defrosted all day - all week in fact! I have to scrape the glass to see the needle to see how far below zero it currently is! :o

• Clap Hands 1

Some minor bulbs replaced within the interior today. Over some time noticed the cruise control button stopped illuminating, sunroof switch backlight started looking dull and the ash tray light bulb had blown. Wanted to get brand new genuine honda replacement bulbs, thinking they will last longer than the usual cheap eBay ones. Price of 1 T3 bulb approx £30 with £10-20 postage charges from USA or Japan 😬😂. Ended up buying some used coupe switches for £8, salvaging the bulbs from themIMG20221217180437.jpgIMG20221217194344.jpgIMG20221217194425.jpg

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

28 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Let there be light!

And there was!

And you could see for bloody miles! :P:lol:

Nice way of fixing the bulbs, gives you spare switches that you can maybe fit grain of wheat bulbs to at your leasure quite cheaply.

A bit OCD I know, but it pays off in the long run. Hate messing around with the interior, but have an eye for detail 👌😂.

• Clap Hands 1

• 5 weeks later...