Subscriptions & Donations ×

Honda Legend Projects or Purchase Suggestions "LINKS”

hughezee

• Moderators

Crikey, there are only 75 left of my model (1996 auto) on the road.  Amazing!

(When I say "my model", that's assuming I do actually get to collect it one day.  :))

Crikey! Common as muck! :lol:  The same source no longer lists the Rover 827 Sterling as there are so few left - instead it lists something along the lines of "827 all models" or perhaps other models as i believe it lists the SLi and Si as a model group. Last i knew before they did this generalisation thing, there were only 3 1993MY Sterling auto saloons - "my model". When i first got my 827 coupe, there were 30, 22 of which were SORN. I knew of at least 6 that were scrapped between then and now and the most recent search i did yielded a total of 34 827 coupes so obviously a few "barn finds" have shown themselves in the same period.

The big problem with that site is it's only as good as the data the DVLA feeds it and that is only as good as the data the public feed it. As such, old Bill Bloggs who bought a Rover 827 coupe new in 1995 and has never moved or sold the car and therefore still has the original green log book (as opposed to the recent red and previous blue log books) isn't subject to the "Continuous Registration" introduced around 2000/2001 so won't show on the list in all likelihood. Same goes for your Legend, if you are lucky enough to find a one owner car that has lived in the same place all it's life and has maybe not been taxed since the late 90s, this won't show on the database either.

Either way, we both own some very rare cars, as do most of the other members on here and they are worth not only hanging on to but looking after so they don't become home to the next lot of baked beans to be served to HMP Dartmoor or wherever!

• Like 1

• Moderators

been looking at this on the bay interesting and not bad looking apart from the rear arches. Rare now if any ones interested too far from me and just got the 6 ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-HONDA-LEGEND-COUPE-AUTO-New-MOT-/121659314800?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c5375d270

MMMmmmm!!! Me like! Me want! Oh knickers, me can't afford just yet! :(;):lol: :lol: :lol:

• Moderators

Actually, thinking about it, when i bought my coupe it had been advertised on Car & Classic and when i bought it the ad changed to no price after a few days then after a few days more, changed to sold - i wonder if they do that so if people need to relist a car they can do without having to start from scratch?

• Moderators

Can't make it out on the gumtree one on my lapflop - t'internet seems slow on it so only getting slightly pixelated piccies!

Wonder if that boot spoiler would fit the 827 coupe? I have a spare, slightly scabby boot lid ripe for experimenting with!