Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998-2002 Accord Coupe Insurance Cost

timberwolf

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Andy Mc said:

Some good news against impending war and fuel hikes.

Insurance renewal through the post this morning. Down over £20 to just £171. 

Think I'll pop out and fill up to celebrate 👍

Was that with direct line again?  Three years , or more?, with the same insurer ! 

That must be a record ! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Founding Member

Coupe insurance renewal came today - £298.87.  Last year it was £283 so up £15. 

Strangely my Merc E350 is only £268.92, down from £333.86 so down by £55!  Weird but pleasing...

Both with Saga and fixed for 3 years if I want it....

• Like 3

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, hughezee said:

My coupe insurance went down £18, oddy went up 70 squid... 🙃

Definitely weird,  my Coupe went up about a tenner,  the Elysion went down nearly 200 !! Both on insurer change though....whereas the TVR renewal is 10 quid less than last year ...I think they just make it up as they go along...

• Clap Hands 2

• Moderators
On 6/29/2022 at 8:40 PM, PaulS said:

Coupe insurance renewal came today - £298.87.  Last year it was £283 so up £15. 

Strangely my Merc E350 is only £268.92, down from £333.86 so down by £55!  Weird but pleasing...

Both with Saga and fixed for 3 years if I want it....

Yep, weird!!!!...Coupe is a lot at nearly 300,,,is that unlimited miles?

• Like 1

• Founding Member
2 hours ago, PTR200S said:
On 6/29/2022 at 8:40 PM, PaulS said:

Yep, weird!!!!...Coupe is a lot at nearly 300,,,is that unlimited miles?

Technically unlimited but with a target mileage of %k (did only 2k last year!)  But it is a Manchester postcode.  That said why is my coupe dearer than my Merc E350 which is newer, worth more, and still in Manchester?  Who knows - certianly not Sage - I asked them!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

• 2 months later...
  • Site Subscriber’s
12 hours ago, hughezee said:

Just bagged a fully comp quote for £205 with every option ticked for Kelvin's former coupe, starts on the 3rd October hopefully MOT'd that day too. 🤞

You're clearly 'of a certain age' now, making insurance cheaper. I only pay £170. But it is a slight worry if I wrote the thing off and only got market value. Maybe time for agreed value classic insurance. At the moment though, it's got business use on it, so classic might be difficult.

By the way, how is the transmission behaving now?

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Chrismas said:

You're clearly 'of a certain age' now, making insurance cheaper.

Not according to Andrian flux recently, robbing swines 🤣

3 hours ago, Chrismas said:

By the way, how is the transmission behaving now?

The car is not on the road yet, I will report on its progress on the topic below.

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Insurance time again..

Performance Direct have come up with £126 against the £111 I paid last year...

Will be checking for a better deal 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Currently with them on my other car on classic insurance. Avoid if you can, very unprofessional. Typical insurance broker 🤨😑

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Harry93 said:

Currently with them on my other car on classic insurance. Avoid if you can, very unprofessional. Typical insurance broker 🤨😑

Having same trouble with Churchill  on another policy....and LV have just quoted 171....but they are so difficult to get straight answers out of ....

Apparently Direct Line have turned into a nightmare as well, according to a mate who is claiming at moment for a non fault !!!!!!

Are there any good ones anymore ???...anyone using Classic line, they used to insure my TVR and were very easy to talk too...also Footman James is easy to talk to but claiming seems to be something alien....

• Like 1

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

claiming seems to be something alien....

What, you want to be able to claim on your insurance policy? Don't be silly! :lol:

Joking aside, i've heard a few horror stories over the years with cheaper insurers where it's been made difficult to make a claim and/or get it settled without having to pay for this, that and everything else. Always worth a bit of research! ;):D

• Like 1

• Moderators

Well, that's a problem.

Performance Direct are telling me the car is worth £320.....and my excess is ....£320.. !!!!!!

First off, I can't find any car for 320 quid with a full mot and no work required with less than a 100k miles !!!! ( Performance Direct,  part of Grove and Dean based in Essex..bet you can't find a car for 320 there either !!  )

Secondly, if it's written off, deduct the 320 excess off the 320 valuation then I get nothing??!!!!!!   Perhaps they missed a digit out,,,£1320 value ??

What if I "buy" it back....Will it be "free"  !!!!  

Still, the bonus is,  unlimited miles on the policy 🤣🤣🤣 .....so a car " valued at £320" is good for unlimited miles..

U r avin a larf !!!!!

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Result today, insurance down to £122, for the Coupe,  valuation up to £1320, excess down to 300...including legal, no recovery.

Worth the telephone calls but I have now lost the will to look any further....why do insurance companies make it so difficult 😡😡😡😡

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PaulS said:

Well done, which company have you chosen?

Had a conversation with Performance Direct again, their customer service guy was really helpful and agreed the valuation was incorrect....re jigged the value and the excess and it came down four quid from the original quote  !!!!

If I ever have to claim from them who knows what will happen but as most companies seem to be "difficult" when it comes to paying out.....

Still waiting for my excess recovery payment on the Elysion....from Churchill...😜, only 16 months since the accident that was NOT MY FAULT, what's the problem ??

😕 

• Confused 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, PTR200S said:

why do insurance companies make it so difficult 😡😡😡😡

The simple, albeit slightly facetious answer is .......... because they can! I swear they take great delight in making life difficult so that people take the view "If i'm having this difficulty with a broker/insurer/underwriter that knows me and i them, what sort of difficulties would i encounter with a new one???".

Sort of reverse psychology, if you think it's hard with us, wait until you go somewhere else as it were.

These days it seems like many other companies/institutions are playing the same game. I won't write the full list as i'd get bored typing it all, never mind making a boring list to read but it seems like almost every place i have to contact for anything makes life difficult.

• Clap Hands 2