Subscriptions & Donations ×

1998-2002 Accord Coupe Insurance Cost

timberwolf

• Founding Member

What Paul said!!! 

Got my renewal from CoOp a month back and they wanted £702 which was £100 more than last year. I excpected more as I had a claim. I shopped around and including Saga and everyone (that’s worth insuring with) came in at £20-40 of my quote. I called the Co-Op and they requoted me at £120 cheaper than last year......what idiots and how weird!!! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Founding Member
6 hours ago, AhsyV6 said:

What Paul said!!! 

Got my renewal from CoOp a month back and they wanted £702 which was £100 more than last year. I excpected more as I had a claim. I shopped around and including Saga and everyone (that’s worth insuring with) came in at £20-40 of my quote. I called the Co-Op and they requoted me at £120 cheaper than last year......what idiots and how weird!!! 

Did you use mainstream Coop or Coop Eco?  I was briefly with Coop Eco and like you they put the compressor on the quote and really raised it to well over £1000!  I did not even bother ringing them up after seeing the Saga quote....

• Like 2

• Moderators

It would seem that my quotes are acceptable then !!

Just checked RAC direct, I am a member (long term blackcard) so they give some good discounts on stuff...... 

Direct £199

via net £154..........................

Might just use the OFIC again, just can't be ar$%, faced, with having to go through the hoops

• Like 2

• Founding Member
4 hours ago, PaulS said:

Did you use mainstream Coop or Coop Eco?  I was briefly with Coop Eco and like you they put the compressor on the quote and really raised it to well over £1000!  I did not even bother ringing them up after seeing the Saga quote....

Eco mate

• Like 2

My Coupe is covered by NFU Mutual for the second year now. I stayed with them because to my surprise the premium went down for 2019. I now pay £294 which includes RAC roadside assistance. I am however not permitted to carry more than 2000 shot gun cartridges at any one time, damn it !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Jon said:

I am however not permitted to carry more than 2000 shot gun cartridges at any one time, damn it !

Don't you just love the weird little caveats some insurers add to their policies? On one of my policies, i can't take the insured vehicle onto an airfield! :o

Luckily, i discovered if there's a fence between an access road and the airfield proper, i can use the access road. ;):D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Gave in today and renewed with Saga, less hassle and unlimited mileage, "free " legal aid, drive any other car 3party, less premium than last year which, in turn, was less than previous year !!!

Still costs more to insure the coupe than the XK8 though.....

• Like 2

• Founding Member
28 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Gave in today and renewed with Saga, less hassle and unlimited mileage, "free " legal aid, drive any other car 3party, less premium than last year which, in turn, was less than previous year !!!

Still costs more to insure the coupe than the XK8 though..... 

Did you claim for the recent damage or repair it yourself?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Did you claim for the recent damage or repair it yourself?

Not even looked at it properly yet, Saturday tomorrow so will be investigating...

No one to claim off so it would go against me if i claim for repair...then i have to declare that claim for five years to ALL the insurance companies , even my other halfs Jazz...just not worth it. Plus loss of no claims and a good chance they would write the car off., Loss of excess.....not a lot going for claiming the repair so will do what I can with it ...

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Well both my motors are on Classic car Insurance (future classic) starting this month and saved almost a grand on my recently quoted renewals, two different companies one for each motor via Lancaster Insurance.

hubnut.jpg

I initially did it for a laugh as they sponsor HubNut and they quoted me silly last year, this time I was smiling and paid in full on the spot...  

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...