Subscriptions & Donations ×

How Many Accord Coupes on UK Roads "NOT ALL VERSIONS"

hughezee

• Moderators
2 hours ago, hughezee said:

I hope he is wrong lol very likely he is but who knows for sure I have 38 on my books and know of some others around the UK I supplied parts for...

Does that 38 include us "oop norf" ??? !!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!

The ones you never see at HQ   😞

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Does that 38 include us "oop norf" ??? !!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!

The ones you never see at HQ   😞

Only class on my books if I have physically worked on them and are still on the road Pete, so there's going to be allot more about I'm sure.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

Checking the sorn figures show that most years the sorn figures were identical Q1 to Q2 but 2020 bigger difference, CV19 ? I know my Coupe was one of those for a while. 

However the licensed ones dropped off more each year with biggest drop in 2020 with sorn not accounting for the difference. 

As you say Stu, definitely a steady decline trend for each year 😞

• Sad 3

• Moderators

Just had a look at Jazz figures !!

55k on the road in the SE form with 2k sorned   !!!  

And that is without the engine variants 🙂 !!!!!!!!

TVR figures definitely down, 453 left of my chimaera variant,  still, more than the Coupe. 

Coupes a rare breed, indeed. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

Just been looking for q4 2020 figures but can't see them yet.

However,  V6 auto search for Honda Accord now shows a net loss of 13 Accord V6  over 2020 to q3.

2019 net loss was 24 over 4 qtrs.

2018 net loss was 28 over 4 qtrs

2017 net loss was 38 over 4 qtrs

2016 net loss was 38 too, over 4 qtrs

2015 net loss was 19 over 4 qtrs

2014 net loss was 31 over 4 qtrs

The loss is a steady stream over the years and I dare say if you went further back it will be similar. 

The amount of cars now on sorn has steadily increased too so not only are we losing cars to accident / scrap but the cars off the road have increased,  around 50% more since 2014, excepting of course 2020 being a " more sorned year " due to covid.

Just 369 cars, as of q3 2020, remain in existence "officially " 

How many V6 got stuck in other Coupe variants is unknown but there will be some, incorrectly registered by the supplying dealers.

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators

Gulp 197 on the road and 144 Sorn.........Another drop then.

Q4 2020 total of sorn and on the road was 357 with the first quarter of 2021 at 341 so a loss of 16 cars in 3 months 😭

41 cars have gone in a full year......

Wonder how many of those sorned cars will never see the road again ???

• Sad 1

• Founding Member
52 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Gulp 197 on the road and 144 Sorn.........Another drop then.

Q4 2020 total of sorn and on the road was 357 with the first quarter of 2021 at 341 so a loss of 16 cars in 3 months 😭

41 cars have gone in a full year......

Wonder how many of those sorned cars will never see the road again ???

And presumably all those potentially valuable spares from those poor cars will have disappeared too

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Ho hum, a good exhaust would be useful for a start !!! 🤣🤣

Probably why some were scrapped. Never ceases to amaze me with many people when they get a relatively minor fault "Ooooh, i need a new car, this one doesn't work any more!".

It does "work" as in it still runs, it's just a lot noisier than it should be because it needs a new exhaust because you've ignored basic maintenance you cretin!

Never mind the fact fuel economy is through the floor not only because they've ignored the extra noise but completely ignored oil/filter changes, air filters and so on.

Got a bright and shiny body though because they think all you need to do is wash and polish it........................

• Like 2

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Never ceases to amaze me with many people when they get a relatively minor fault "Ooooh, i need a new car, this one doesn't work any more!".........

Or " the ashtray is full "  !!!

• Haha 1

• Site Subscriber’s

What Pete said - you really do have to wonder how many sorned vehicles will ever get back on the road. Six months sat on their tyres, not being started so the fuel is evaporating away... the problems will add up to a bill that's higher than the cars value, especially if the cat is taken into account.

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s

A lad on an accord page sold his cl7 cat for 1100 quid or thereabouts a couple of months ago. About as much as the car was worth. He let the other page members have the rest of the car for spares.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 year later...

Just had a look on howmanyleft.co.uk for the first time in ages. I think I may have the last remaining cg4 2.0 manual coupe, under HONDA ACCORD ES COUPE.  Can This be true? Or could there be a few lingering under the "wrong" classification?

Where do the CG2 coupes come in this website? I can't find any at all.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, welland99 said:

Just had a look on howmanyleft.co.uk for the first time in ages. I think I may have the last remaining cg4 2.0 manual coupe, under HONDA ACCORD ES COUPE.  Can This be true? Or could there be a few lingering under the "wrong" classification?

Where do the CG2 coupes come in this website? I can't find any at all.  

Looks like just 6 of yours on the road and 25 sorn now but there will be anomalies in the recorded models , potentially things like manuals recorded under the auto for instance, ES models designated LS maybe etc.

The CG2 versions seem to appear under Accord 3.0 V6 Auto ....164 on road,  144 sorn, no mention of Coupe but was there a 3.0 V6 saloon available apart from imports ??

There is also a generic Honda Accord Coupe with no designation,  what does that contain?

The figures are all determined from the way the dealer registers the car and just missing a designation out like , SE , ES or the fact it is a Coupe in the documents stuffs that car into a different category. 

The Elysion doesn't figure at all, many V55 applications were incorrectly filled in without model designation and in some cases the word Elysion missed out, just "Honda no model ".   

Plus in this case the "Elysion " name was not on the DVLA database  !! So even if the V55 was completed correctly the dvla input staff either ignored it or couldn't be arsed fixing the problem....ask me how I know this !!!!

In all of this even adding all the Coupe info together we are still losing them at a rate of knotts .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, welland99 said:

Yes, but only has a 2l engine.  

Ah, yes I see where you are going , the other five supposedly having larger engines.. 

of course yours may have been listed under "Honda accord coupe " with no designation,  all 2 litre stuff....just depends on the input at the dvla and if they did it correctly from , hopefully,  the correct information from the registering dealer. 

In any event your version is SUPER RARE  !!!

The 3 litre version is the other anomaly in the search for "Honda accord coupe " ...where is it ? Well as mentioned previously presumably under Accord 3.0 V6 auto...but not coupe 😛😜😂😂🤣

• Like 2

• Moderators

Just been thinking, like you do !!

Has your V5 got the model designation on it , ES, LS etc ??

If so then in theory the how many left for yours should be correct as far as yours goes but the anomaly is still there if other cars with the same model as yours have been listed without an LS, ES etc.  

• Like 2