Subscriptions & Donations ×

How Many Accord Coupes on UK Roads "NOT ALL VERSIONS"

hughezee

• Site Subscriber’s

Looking at the ES figures which I think means all 6th gen 2 litre coupes (though apparently there were a few on the road in 1995 - how does that work?) there were 92 on the road at the end of last year, of which 21 were manual. My car is becoming something of a rarity, more reason to look after it. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 5/14/2017 at 8:40 PM, davebrads said:

I think Laird_Scooby has solved the mystery of pre 1998 ES coupes in another thread - they are 5th gen 2.2 litre. So the 21 left may include some of those too. 

The 5th-6th Gens share the same 2.0 ES label as not all 5th Gens were 2.2L or ES ;)

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

The figures for the first 9 months are now available. Between Jan and Sept 2018 the number of taxed 3.0 v6 cars dropped by 20 to 293. Sorn numbers remained the same at 129. The loss rate  is lower than 2017 and reflects a slowing down of the number of lost vehicles. We will not get the full year figures till around Easter 2019. Will do a full analysis then.

The 2.0 manual and auto show similar rates of decline.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Only 551 Accord V6's left in the UK "SHOCK"
  • Administrators

Thanks for the update Roger I do keep an eye on things too and it was discussed near the end of another topic recently and agree things have slowed down and I would like to think our community is partly responsible for that 😊 looking at the stats and specific post visits...

• Like 4

• Moderators

What's worrying about these so called "stats" is that if a dealer did not record the correct model, say just " Honda Accord 2 Door" instead of " Honda Accord Coupe" then there could be a few cars missing !   The V6 for instance is just a " Honda Accord V6" no mention of Coupe with the only giveaway being "Auto" in the description..... what about the Accord Saloon V6, where is that recorded? under the generic V6 ? or is the volume so small not to matter.

According to the information there are six models of 2 litre and 2.2 litre cars... in 2001 there were 5113 licensed across the board but by December 2018 only 135 exist...... In the case of the V6 1200 cars in 2001 , now down to 293 in Dec 2018.

Only 0.026% of 2 litre / 2.2 left and yet 24.4% of V6 left.....

The survival rate of the V6 far exceeds that of the the 2 / 2.2 litre category????

why should that be ??? 

or is it because the stats just plain LIE !!! like most of the stats quoted at us these days....

Discuss the cat amongst the pigeons !

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks for the info Roger, however, I would like to mention that the 1998-2001 Honda Accord 2.0 coupe was never labelled as an SE only ES same as the 5th Generation USA built version which had an LS model too. So the numbers of registrations of the 1998 1999 2000 2001 years suggest less than 1000 manual cars and a total of just over 1000 auto's where introduced alongside the UK hatch and saloon, either way, they have declined rapidly with only a few popping up from the old paper system after being sold.  😣

• Like 2

• Site Subscriber’s
21 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Thanks for the info Roger, however, I would like to mention that the 1998-2001 Honda Accord 2.0 coupe was never labelled as an SE only ES same as the 5th Generation USA built version which had an LS model too. So the numbers of registrations of the 1998 1999 2000 2001 years suggest less than 1000 manual cars and a total of just over 1000 auto's where introduced alongside the UK hatch and saloon, either way, they have declined rapidly with only a few popping up from the old paper system after being sold.  😣

sorry Stuart, I meant  es. go to how many left and search accord 2.0es, that shows 2.0 coupes.

Too much Christmas fare and tonic water dulls the memory.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to How Many Accord Coupes on UK Roads "NOT ALL VERSIONS"
  • The topic was pinned
  • Administrators
28 minutes ago, jayhoath83 said:

Thats sad 

It has slowed in recent years and the amount of UK internet traffic to the site in key areas from none registered members says we as a community have helped slow the coupes demise. I only wish I had set up the site sooner to save more 5th gen coupes. 😏

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

The telling bit is the fact that, recently, the number of sorn increases is a much smaller proportion of the decline of cars on the road.

Just taking one set of figures for the V6, between 2018 /2019, three "quarter" comparison average the number of cars going ON to sorn (average) was 11....the number of cars coming OFF the road averaged 42.... 😭 

Off course its possible that some of these cars sit on dealers forecourts and don't show up either way (need the number of cars registered to do that), however, I, like you, know that this will be minimal...

This means that there are a number of cars that have gone to the big scrapyard in the sky over the last year.....

Just 249 V6 versions left on the ACTUAL road as of September last year...😢

Only 10 of the 2 litre, presumably manual and  44 autos left on the road.

Wonder how many of the SORN cars will actually make it back onto the road... the 2020 first qtr figures will be skewed by the Covid 19 problem...like mine, taken off the road for financial reasons.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, jayhoath83 said:

when i messaged howmanyleft last year the guy told me that the numbers they have for the 6th gen v6 coupe were less than 40 taxed mot'd and on the road did he get it wrong or is that the actual count 🤷‍♂️

Well according to the figures on the links posted he got it wrong.....but did he actually get the correct model.? ...maybe he was reading the 2 litre auto which shows just over 40 all three qtrs last year.

Trouble is with all these "how many left" sites is it relies on the originating dealer correctly advising the DVLA of the model... I have come across all sorts of vehicles where the, say, model designation was incorrectly entered SE for ES for instance, entered as "auto" on some models and just the model on others even though they were "autos".

My Honda Elysion van for instance is recorded on the DVLA site as a Honda MPV V6 but others with the same model actually have Elysion correctly entered...

I once had a Triumph GT6, mentioned on this site a few times , apparently only 15 left on the road at the time....I had two mates with GT6 and knew of two more locally............The Triumph club had pictures in its show diary with over 30 GT6 together at Bruntingthorpe and other places...none of which included the five I knew about in my area....bit of a lottery as far as I am concerned and just gives a general indication of the numbers.

• Like 2