Subscriptions & Donations ×

How Many Accord Coupes on UK Roads "NOT ALL VERSIONS"

hughezee

• Administrators

Just checked the state of play with the Accord Coupe V6 on how many left and we are tiny dot of only 551 remaining including sorn vehicles :(  https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=honda+accord+v6 So we need more in our loop ASAP and looking at the  drop-off figures in 5 years our ones will be only ones left  :o keep them alive peeps  ;)

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • Founding Member

Well we have the figures the final quarter of 2014 says we have 407 V6 Coupes left on the road :o and 99 which are sorn ^_^

What’s worse I tried to save a couple of coupes recently even just for spares to pimp up purple haze  ;)

attachicon.gifppc.jpg

Sadly by the time I arranged an appointment and just as I was about to leave they called back saying no parts available and the car was just crushed, nothing was removed off it either  :(

:( :( :(  What a shame!  It's criminal to crush it, especially now there are so few left.  A bit like shooting a rhino when there's only a few hundred left in the wild!

It's all about profit, they know how few are left and therefore parting it out would probably takes ages.  Better to crush the motor, get the metal out of it and make room for a common, unreliable car that they can easily, quickly and profitably part out.  Absolute damn shame though.  :(

• Founding Member

Just checked the state of play with the Accord Coupe V6 on how many left and we are tiny dot of only 551 remaining including sorn vehicles :(  https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=honda+accord+v6 So we need more in our loop ASAP and looking at the  drop-off figures in 5 years our ones will be only ones left  :o keep them alive peeps  ;)

What's interesting with the figures is that there were 1,200 in 2001, the amount only reduced to 1,000 in 2008 i.e eight years later.  Then, six years later in 2014 the amount halved to 506.  Therefore, probably by the end of this decade, there will probably only be 250 - 300 left!  :o

I suspect the main reason for the decline is lack of maintenance, write-offs and the incorrect assumption of expensive insurance and road tax.

We are indeed a very niche and select band of coupe enthusiasts, hence why when one is crushed (see above), it really is a damn shame as it's one less in the remaining pool of coupes!  :(

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Only 77 ACCORD ES COUPE 2.0 AUTO and 115 SHUTTLE ES 2.3 AUTO left on the road sh*t sh*t sh*t :o

Edwin.....you have a very very rare motor.  I used to have the 2.0ES too and when I had mine, I think there were only around 100 left then!  :o

Blimey, there are more Lamborghini's on the road than Accord Coupe 2.0 ES's!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • Moderators

Common as muck! ;):lol: Joking aside, these are the figures for mine :

2015 Q2 for https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/rover_827_coupe_auto

36 Licensed

53 SORN

So that's 89 left of mine. When i first got it, there were 22 taxed and 8 SORN showing on howmanyleft although they seem to have revised the figures since. Many "barn finds" have appeared and many that had the pre-2001 log book (also not included) have changed hands and are now in the Continuous Registration scheme so the DVLA figures are more accurate.

As for my Sterling, when i last checked about the time i got the coupe, there were only 3 93MY 827 Sterling i autos left, one was mine, another had been repsrayed White Gold 2 by an ex-Rover dealer that should have known better and the other was a fastback. However, i know of one that has appeared recently but is only a spares car and on the old style registration document so not in Continuous registration. A few more have appeared as they have been rescued from scrap but sadly the DVLA and/or howmanyleft decided to no longer list it as a separate model.

The moral of this waffle is don't let your Accord V6s become another sad statistic like mine now are. Considering there were only 615 827 coupe autos made (632 including some pre-production prototypes, one of which recently sold on ebay) 89 probably isn't a bad survival rate. However that doesn't leave much margin for error when specific parts are needed. Granted there were other coupes made after 1996 but these weren't 827s and also were subject to trim levels. On the 827 there was only one trim and that was Sterling spec and by rights mine shouldn't carry the Sterling badge because of this as Rover didn't fit it - there was only one coupe so it needed no badges to differentiate it.

So you all know what to do - look after those Accord V6s!!! :D

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Working on it David.  It's great too that relatively new members like Richard and Edwin have been bitten by the coupe bug, enjoy them and spent time and money on them instead of sending them to the Honda scrapyard!  There can't be too many Legends either. 

How about Rover SDi's......I would have a look myself but I'm off to bed (work in morning, drive to Sheppards Bush, London - 3hrs there, 3 back) so I need my zzzz's, there can't be many SDi's left, surely?? 

• Moderators

For Legends before 2006, there are only 750 left taxed (not sure on SORN) and for Legends after 2006, there are 510 taxed.

As for the SD1 the figures are confusing because of how it's listed. Here's a link and you'll see what i mean :

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=rover+3500

This includes all the P5B and P5BC and P6B models as well but some are listed as 3500 SD and others as 3500 SE, VItesse and so on.

• Administrators

For Legends before 2006, there are only 750 left taxed (not sure on SORN) and for Legends after 2006, there are 510 taxed.

As for the SD1 the figures are confusing because of how it's listed. Here's a link and you'll see what i mean :

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=rover+3500

This includes all the P5B and P5BC and P6B models as well but some are listed as 3500 SD and others as 3500 SE, VItesse and so on.

I see what you mean Dave either way so common fah fah fah :lol:

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

The latest numbers don't add up from last time I updated this topic, so a few have obviously changed hands from the first owner, so we are at 397 on the road and 113 sorn so we've gained 4 on the road in the third quarter of 2016 :) Although I'm dreading the figures for 2017 as I know of 7 dropping off permanently but project break kept a few more than that on the road, so we shall see :unsure:

• Like 2

• Moderators

Peaks like this will always happen Stu until we get "down to the wire" and the only known cars left are all known to the club. In between whiles there will be potential for a number to reappear. The figure from when you started monitoring subtracted from all of those sold in the UK will give a vague idea how many could still be lurking unknown, less of course the ones that you already know have reappeared.

This won't take into account cars written off before Continuous Registration appeared in 2001, cars scrapped by the original owners at whatever age because they think it's worthless (you know the sort of people i mean, the sort that would have sold a 20k miles, 10 year old Rolls-Royce in 1990 for scrap value because they think at 10 years old it's a scrapper - more money than sense comes to mind!) and a few similar scenarios i can't think of just now thanks to the dreaded lurgy!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Looks like the top table have been "got at" by the lurgy police, make sure you guys don't pass it on through here ! :lol:

Whereas, us bottom feeders are having a great day, well I am now !:P (ref a certain other thread!)

Get well soon, guys, I am likely to need help sometime soon!:rolleyes:

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'll try not to - that would make it a computer virus! :o

Not sure if i caught mine by drinking out of wet cups or kissing strange women! :o:blush:

Have you had an x-ray Stu? What did you do to your arm? I'd gladly swap the lurgy for pain, i can deal with that! ;):D

Like Stu said, thanks for the concern Pete! Currently dosing up with my "special recipe" Lemsip, if that hasn't started shifting it by tomorrow i might throw some spare antibiotics down my neck. :P

• Like 2

• Moderators

Just been looking at the "how many left" website,,,, There are six models of "coupe" in total shown on the site.

So I can get my head around it are the ES, LS models the 2.2 and 2 litre versions? There seems to be an auto and a manual for each of the two designations, that's four accounted for.

Then there are two others, the Coupe with no designation and another with an "A" suffix so presumably the manual and auto,,,,

Checking the engine sizes on these models. all six there are very few 3 litre cars, something is wrong here?

Even so then, were there any manual V6 here in the UK?,

Showing 9 only taxed for the road in 2016 and 12 sorned in Q3

The "A" version shows only 20, down from 23 from the previous year (2015) with 10 Sorned in Q3.

So Q3 2016 total is around 350 cars only with 128 sorned off the road.

Not sure I have got this right re the models and I guess there will be cars that are not recorded correctly in the database.

EDIT, just found that the Honda Accord V6 is shown separately and not marked coupe... were there any saloon versions with the V6 motor in? as far as I know, they didn't.

397 taxed and 113 on sorn at the Q3 of 2016, that's Stu figures too so presume that's what you use, Stu?

• Like 1

• Moderators

If it's any help Pete, the previous gen coupés were either 2.0 or 2.2 - no V6 option in the UK and the 2.0 was the LS and 2.2 the ES. To the best of my knowledge, the later ones (like wot we got here ;) ) were only ever available in auto form, in the UK at least. ;):D

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, PTR200S said:

397 taxed and 113 on sorn at the Q3 of 2016, that's Stu figures too so presume that's what you use, Stu?

That's my optimistic view Pete :wacko: the LS or ES covers both 5th-6th Gen UK Saloons and Hatches and USA built coupes. However' the Accord V6 figure is the most accurate as Dave said there was no V6 option in the Accord before 1998 and none since 2002 either :(

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

More worrying is the fact that during 2016 a total 12 more cars went onto sorn BUT even worse was that 50 cars dropped off the numbers of licensed cars.

A net loss of cars totalling 38 :o:(, of course some could be "trapped" within dealerships but it won't be that many......? I don't think they show up as sorn...do they? 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'm not sure Pete - i was under the impression cars were either taxed or SORN so even if in a dealership, they are technically SORN as trade plates need to be used for road tests.

That means somewhere along the lines 38 cars have found their way into the "car park in the sky" one way or another. :(

• Like 2