Subscriptions & Donations ×

Radio/ Head Unit/ Speaker Chat & Upgrades Accord Coupe 2.0 3.0 V6

hughezee

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, AhsyV6 said:

You may have answered this already Stu but if I had steering mounted audio controls can I use this on an aftermarket head unit? 

You would need the later clock-spring fitted for them to work, even with a Honda Radio ;)

• Founding Member
3 hours ago, hughezee said:

You would need the later clock-spring fitted for them to work, even with a Honda Radio ;)

Do you have one? I have a spare back up if you wanna swap and I'll throw in the current clock Spring for the steering audio control ;)

• Moderators
On 3/23/2017 at 2:17 PM, hughezee said:

Genuine Honda harness sorted for member PTR200S AKA Pete ;)

IMG_20170323_141507[1].jpg

Although I might send a different one should he want to retain his steering wheel controls ;)

Excellent !... I do want to retain my steering wheel controls though, pretty please, please, please :D:D:D

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Looks like I will just stick to my Pioneer Wireless remote

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-CD-R320-Remote-Control-Tuners/dp/B0011ECEHG

nice and practical and some will feel it pointless when everything is an arms length away. You know when you know where all the buttons are on the tv/ cable remote and its second nature well this is how this head unit remote feels. Just cruising along with eyes on the road whilst making changes to the head unit via the remote. Easy peasy :D

Does this work with any Pioneer HU, like my 9500BT? Although sadly it doesn't look like it will answer the cellphone... :(

NB:

Looks like it does... :D

Pioneer CD-R320 Hand Held Remote Style Pioneer Car Stereo Radio Control Controller

Pioneer CD-R320 Infra Red Remote Control for some Pioneer DEH FH AVH & MVH Car Stereo (Only works on pioneer stereo's ready for a Infra red remote) Please check before you buy

With the Pioneer remote control CD-R320, you have the main functions of your Pioneer audio system at your fingertips. It adapts to many Pioneer CD tuners with an infrared receiver - even from previous generations.

Compatible with Pioneer CD Tuners Models below:

DEHX5500BT / DEH-X5500BT, DEH7500SD / DEHX7500SD / DEHX8500BT / DEH-X8500BT / DEHX8500DAB / DEH-X8500DAB / DEHX9500SD / DEH-X9500SD DEHX9500BT / DEH-X9500BT / FHX-700BT / FH-X700BT / AVH-X1500DVD / AVH-X2500BT / AVH-X3500DAB / AVH-X5500BT

• Founding Member
26 minutes ago, Mangoman said:

Does this work with any Pioneer HU, like my 9500BT? Although sadly it doesn't look like it will answer the cellphone... :(

NB:

Looks like it does... :D

Pioneer CD-R320 Hand Held Remote Style Pioneer Car Stereo Radio Control Controller

Pioneer CD-R320 Infra Red Remote Control for some Pioneer DEH FH AVH & MVH Car Stereo (Only works on pioneer stereo's ready for a Infra red remote) Please check before you buy

With the Pioneer remote control CD-R320, you have the main functions of your Pioneer audio system at your fingertips. It adapts to many Pioneer CD tuners with an infrared receiver - even from previous generations.

Compatible with Pioneer CD Tuners Models below:

DEHX5500BT / DEH-X5500BT, DEH7500SD / DEHX7500SD / DEHX8500BT / DEH-X8500BT / DEHX8500DAB / DEH-X8500DAB / DEHX9500SD / DEH-X9500SD DEHX9500BT / DEH-X9500BT / FHX-700BT / FH-X700BT / AVH-X1500DVD / AVH-X2500BT / AVH-X3500DAB / AVH-X5500BT

Looks like you'll be ordering it very soon Bill. 

Yep you're right it doesn't answer the phone but as you already know it's a one touch process anyway so all good. Also after you have pressed the phone function you can use the remote to find contacts and dialled/missed/received calls.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
On 3/24/2017 at 7:38 PM, PTR200S said:

Excellent !... I do want to retain my steering wheel controls though, pretty please, please, please :D:D:D

Finally got you a loom sorted to retain your steering wheel controls Pete, all you need now is the AXXESS ASWC-1 interface and a head unit of your choice with remote function obviously.

new_15_1.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1313&_nkw=AXXESS+ASWC-1+&_sacat=3270

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 7/8/2017 at 10:03 AM, UrbexRobby said:

mine are bose but sadly my wiring a mess and headunit doesnt work

I did warn you about cutting the plugs off on F.B also I would suggest keeping the Bose speakers as I swapped mine back in shortly after doing this post, the only thing to watch is the 2ohm impedance on the Bose drivers as very few aftermarket head units are stable at 2ohm and will only do 4ohm...

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators

Well it seems time marches on, waits for no man etc etc..

Decided not bothered with an autochanger stack ...just a cd unit would be fine.

Not done anything to the audio side of the Coupe yet but I have got a single slot cd honda unit i would like to put in ..... Is this a straight swap?

• Like 1

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

did you manage to sort that loom , Stu?

Yes, I purchased one for you if you remember, so all you need is the gizmo we talked about further back into the thread and a remote feature on the head unit and they will function. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 5/22/2018 at 9:11 AM, PTR200S said:

No boom boxes need apply !!

Looking at a martin audio dual 10inch 2nd order bandpass box intended for Bar install, a twin 15 ported car subwoofer would quiver in its boots with these things, but not looking to go loud but still very very capable.

• Like 3

• Founding Member

Imagine taking flex to strikers. (A once local night club where yobs would show off their 1.3 Novas and sound systems). Nobody would know what flex is or indeed what had hit them. Ohhhh yes, we’re perhaps a trifle too old for that now, by perhaps a couple of decades ?

• Haha 3

• Moderators
On 5/24/2018 at 6:41 AM, Retro Rich said:

Ohhhh yes, we’re perhaps a trifle too old for that now

That makes it more fun - showing the kids what they're missing! You'll get asked what engine is in it and when you reply "3 litre" they'll ask "Is that 1.3 litre?" saying the "one point" bit very quietly!

"No, a proper 3 litre - eat my dust losers!" :lol:

Then out-blast them with the sound as well! :lol:

• Haha 3

• Founding Member

Quality not quantity counts with audio I believe.  What’s the point of having thousands of watts blasting through a 12” incher. Ooo errr Dave. 

As well as the Honda Guru, Stu is also an Audio Guru too, so whereas the man on street with settle for a £50 jobbie that plugs straight in, Stu I suspect, will use specific, quality pieces to build the system to the best it can be.

I’d rather listen to my Megadeth through a quality system at say 100 watts than through a shite system with 1000 watts.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

As i sometimes say Geoff, power is nothing without control. Feeding 100W of well amplified sound through some decent speakers is always going to sound better than 200W through a carp amplifier and speakers with cones that resemble colanders.

Granted those are slight extremes but a cheap amp will go into distortion and worse still, possibly saturation a lot earlier than a decent one so in effect, reducing the output. A good one will have control over that and be able to cope while still delivering maximum power so in effect will be louder.

That said, from the little i've gleaned about Stu and his audio, the amp will likely be in the kW ratings rather than W with little or no THD and speakers to match - no contest for the "Halfrauds Special 3000W Sub-Woofer/amplifier combo for £39.99" :lol:

• Haha 3

• Founding Member

Back when I was a lad, the best systems were always separates. Separate turntable, amp, cassette (yes, cassette), etc and the Pioneer system I had had gold plated screws on the back and gold connectors.  It costs around £1,000 from Kay’s Catalogue. Sold it a few years ago for £100 I think.  ?

• Sad 3