Subscriptions & Donations ×

New Wheels & Rims Chat 1998 1999 2000 2001 CG Accord Coupe

Steve in Ireland

On 09/07/2017 at 10:50 AM, UrbexRobby said:

collect my new wheels soon and tyres are 235/40/17 rears and 215/40/17 fronts

:D

Will those rears have a bigger outside diameter than the fronts? I have always thought that the rear wheel arches are too big in diameter for the standard tyres.  

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 1998 1999 2000 2001 Accord Coupe New wheels, share yours
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Just been sent a couple of pictures (not great) from member @Rocks  with his latest addition which I think look really smart IMO, we all know the coupes suffer a little inner scrubbing on the front boots and lowering can help elevate this a little, but always favoured wider wheel which seems to almost eliminate it and enhance handling further.

1535598011.jpg

So rather than refurbishing his old wheels, I suggested some OEM 225's and he found these standard EX rims and I gave him the thumbs up 👍👍👍

383896021.jpg

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Accord Coupe 3.0 V6 with 8th Gen Accord Alloys
  • Founding Member

If you mean the the tread on the inside of the tyre? Then I can confirm that I did 20k over 3 years on my Dunlop Max Sports and got even wear ( after getting the Aligmennt spot on) and I swapped rears with fronts 3 times 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
13 hours ago, KingK0ng said:

You run 225 on your 7j type R wheels ? Isn't that too wide ? Do you have any picture please ?

225 / 45 is maximum tyre size on a 7J x17 ........ideally a 215 / 45 would be sensible as Stu says but, hey, lets live a little !!!!!

I run 225 / 45 on 8J x 18  rims on the Elysion but I could run 245 as a maximum or 215 as a minimum.

Yep, AhsyV6 ,we need pics to drool at !!!

• Like 2

Personally i have long though about my future tire size because there is so many factors. The wheels that going to be installed in my cars are 17x7.5 ET28 and there will be 3cm back and 4,5cm drop in the front and this to cancel the boat look and give the car a slight rake becaue i like it. So despite i'm on a 4 banger and not a V6 i think i'm going the 225/45/17 and probably yet not sure some Michelin PS4.

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Founding Member
On 4/15/2019 at 6:31 PM, KingK0ng said:

You run 225 on your 7j type R wheels ? Isn't that too wide ? Do you have any picture please ?

What kind of pic do you want....from the rear, side profile etc

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Thanks. The fronts and rears are a 30mm drop but the front are still too high. May be one day I’ll drop the fronts a little more. 

Also I have permanent weight in the boot in the form of a12”sub, ALL my cleaning stuff which comprises of 6 plastic boxes, a large ratchet and socket set and other bits. 

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

1 hour ago, AhsyV6 said:

Thanks. The fronts and rears are a 30mm drop but the front are still too high. May be one day I’ll drop the fronts a little more. 

Also I have permanent weight in the boot in the form of a12”sub, ALL my cleaning stuff which comprises of 6 plastic boxes, a large ratchet and socket set and other bits. 

Ok, on the second to last picture your tank was also fully filled up ? Yes you got the famous boat look our coupe suffer, how do you plan to remedy this ?

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Site Subscriber’s

So it would seem that 22 inch wheels fit on the coupe!

Found this on a Facebook page, everyone was posting pics of their V6 and this one cropped up - I can't imagine the ride is much like standard 😂 and I hope there are less potholes where it's used!

88197258_2551235171785593_8157821853654581248_o.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2