Subscriptions & Donations ×

Kelvins Former Coupe "PROJECT BALDRICK"

hughezee

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

I feel your pain Stu, similar to what happened to my Sterling although that was down to incompetence of the last person to weld it.

I remember, absolutely disgusting what they did to your motor 😡 in regards to bloody baldrick, I have no immediate plans, so it will get covered up and parked out of sight and mind for a bit.🙄

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s

Ahh man - I'm sorry to hear this 🙁

That's a bit of a ball breaker after all that effort. It's easy to say the niggles were warning you but at what point do you stop?

The laquer peel was the end for me personally 🤷

A sad day.

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 2

• Founding Member

Must admit, I would rather know if I had serious enough rot in my cars that the jacking points would give way.  I always lift one corner of my car at a time on my jacks to do any work underneath or on the wheels...

If such rot is there and has to come to light, I'd much rather it appears in a workshop or on my path than when driving innocently along the road...

• Like 3

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was unfeatured
  • Administrators

Glass removed today, N.S rear quarter glass practically fell out and held on with silicone sealant. The rear window on the N.S was leaking and plenty of rust developing too.

20221027_130325[1].jpg

Even the rear radio antenna wasn't connected, so somebody has been there before and bodged it. 😡

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Site Subscriber’s
42 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Glass removed today, N.S rear quarter glass practically fell out and held on with silicone sealant. The rear window on the N.S was leaking and plenty of rust developing too.

20221027_130325[1].jpg

Even the rear radio antenna wasn't connected, so somebody has been there before and bodged it. 😡

Radio never worked, that'd be why then!

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
  • Administrators

Well the car is booked for collection this week, it has supplied many parts to several coupes now and I'm pleased to say saved a couple of better examples too. Its sweet running engine is off to Germany, to swap with another which the cambelt snapped. Additionally, my newfound confidence, that I found the issue with the transmission was proved correct, as it has since been fitted to another car and works flawlessly. 😁

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Subscriber’s
On 8/14/2023 at 9:29 PM, hughezee said:

Well the car is booked for collection this week, it has supplied many parts to several coupes now and I'm pleased to say saved a couple of better examples too. Its sweet running engine is off to Germany, to swap with another which the cambelt snapped. Additionally, my newfound confidence, that I found the issue with the transmission was proved correct, as it has since been fitted to another car and works flawlessly. 😁

So what was up with the gearbox Stu?

Why did it have such a viscous nature when I had it? There were days when it felt like I was back on my 350 LC.

Happy to hear it fixed a few cars up.

*It did one nightime trip across Germany, mostly with 220kph on the clock. Ate the miles up like I eat fish and chips.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
On 8/25/2023 at 7:56 PM, Kelvin said:

So what was up with the gearbox Stu?

Why did it have such a viscous nature when I had it? There were days when it felt like I was back on my 350 LC.

The solenoid screens were clogged (I did take some pic's cant find them ATM), adding some additives helped in the first instance and follow-up reported its running great in the new car. 😁

IMG_20170310_102456.jpg

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s
9 hours ago, hughezee said:

The solenoid screens were clogged (I did take some pic's cant find them ATM), adding some additives helped in the first instance and follow-up reported its running great in the new car. 😁

IMG_20170310_102456.jpg

I'm really pleased you got to the bottom of it and it's helping someone else to keep there's on the road. That a proper win!

Good effort Stu.

• Like 3