Subscriptions & Donations ×

Kelvins Former Coupe "PROJECT BALDRICK"

hughezee

• Site Subscriber’s

Thankfully, Lovey was tucked away on Stuart's driveway - Billing Aquadrome was flooded yesterday and were she'd have been parked was part under water.

We ended up sleeping in my work van, the Police wouldn't let us near the marina.

IMG-20201224-153000512.jpg.jpg

That's an Audi A3 under water...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

• Moderators

Damned silly place to park an Audi, in the middle of a river! :P

Joking aside, i hope there are no more like that anywhere, even though i don't like Audis that's someones transport and possibly pride and joy (poor misguided souls!) and the way insurers are reneging on their own policies about paying out this year, it's unlikely the owner will get much out of them, if anything.

I guessed wrong on the name of your car, i would have guessed Livvy as in short for Olivia seeing as that's quite a popular name these days. ;):D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Site Subscriber’s

Mine's Lovey and my lady's PT Cruiser is Lumpy. It works for us 🙂

Lots of vehicles lost and people's homes too, it's been pretty brutal all along the Nene Valley and it tributaries. A big storm forecast for tomorrow afternoon also... thankfully, we've food and drink in the boat. All is well.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Turns out Kelvin's coupe needed a battery, despite keeping charged up whilst in my custody it wouldn't hold a charge. Anyway upon removal it was leaking too, so since ECP was kind enough to give me a new one in exchange for my knackered one, Kelvin saved a few quid too.👍

20210328-164443%5B1%5D.jpg

• Clap Hands 2
  • Thanks 1

• Site Subscriber’s

For definite Dave and mostly that's down to alarm systems draining the battery slowly - we've had to replace the battery in the PT Cruiser again this year, not enough use killed it off when that cold spell came.

• Like 3

• Moderators

The one small reason i'm dreading picking up my Sterling from the MoT place (assuming i do actually get it back!) is that 4 months of no use at all will have killed the battery in all likelihood. It was only new this time last year as well! :(

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Kelvins Coupe Project
  • Site Subscriber’s

So 'Lovey' has had a couple of shortish runs and the difference with the gearbox is chalk and cheese.

Stu had changed the gearbox oil four times in the past and that had made a difference but twice after changes, I headed straight to the Alps and basically fried the oil in the box.

He's done a few(?) part changes since I dropped the car off at the end of Oct and the box is pretty smooth now. There's no lurch into overdrive/fifth at  25mph anymore, which was ever so annoying. The kickdown is still ridiculous, like a second's pause before violently engaging warp drive but that's just the nature of my box it would appear. Fun in a straight line but not so good if it happens in a bend.

Thank you so very very much Stu.

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

Stu had changed the gearbox oil four times in the past and that had made a difference but twice after changes, I headed straight to the Alps and basically fried the oil in the box.

Perhaps future trips to the Alsp could be finished by a trip to Stu and change the ATF to keep it running in tip-top condition?

• Like 1