Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Minters & Keeper Suggestions “LINKS”

hughezee

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

This is going well, makes mine look really cheap !! Although it does have a lot lower miles than mine but it is three years older !!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305406394946

Fancy Nancy 😃 member @Harry93 shared this one back in January it was on Facebook, I am suprised no takers TBH. 🤔

s-l1600pcg2.jpg

• Like 5

...yeah I am watching it too on eBay 😁😁. I hope it goes for £4k. Looks to be in really good condition for its low mileage. Hopefully at that bidding price, it goes to the right owner who will appreciate and look after it. 

• Like 4

...it went for £2,800 🤦‍♂️🥲😬. Someone managed to bag a bargain. Was hoping it would bid for more than that. However saying that, there are others on Gumtree with more mileage going for a lot more. 

But good to know these cars are going for a lot more than a few years ago. Just depends on whether someone is able to pay a ridiculous amount for something rare, be it neglected or a good example.

• Like 3

• Site Subscriber’s

Computer (Driver Information System) is listed .....what is this? Didn't know the coupe had a computer system? Unless the seller means the door and lightbulb failure system?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Chrismas said:

Unless the seller means the door and lightbulb failure system?

I'd say that's what he means. Some people just tick all the options when listing and if challenged say something like "it tells you if you have a bulb out, that's driver information isn't it?".

It's often called s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g a point................................. :lol:

• Haha 4

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Jon said:

I just wish I could run it round the block and have a look underneath.....

Maybe someone did and that's why it's up for grabs again. Usually if there's a genuine reason for being back up for sale, the listing will say so. I wonder if it's the same seller again?

• Like 1

I wondered on similar lines. The same photos suggested to me that is was the original seller trying again. So your suggestion that whoever bought it was unimpressed when he did take it round the block, fits perfectly.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Jon said:

The same photos suggested to me that is was the original seller trying again.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305406394946?

It certainly is the same seller. Could be a number of innocent reasons like the buyer backed out on winning, the buyer lives in Scotland or somewhere equally remote/far from Todmorden (i think that's in Essex?) or similar.

Could be the buyer messed the seller about or didn't make contact or maybe the seller and buyer had conflicting personalities.

Just trying to play Devils Advocate here, not very successfully i don't think! :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Jon said:

How strange. Deal fell through ? It looks gorgeous. I just wish I could run it round the block and have a look underneath.....

The car will need work, e.g. A.C will definitely need repairs and appears to have blue residue around the radiator cap which indicates its had type 2 coolant which could be either evidence of good maintenance or there's still a problem, e.g. rad' or thermostat needs replacing.

• Like 3