Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Minters & Keeper Suggestions “LINKS”

hughezee

• Founding Member
  • Moderators

What Stu said ^^^^^ but another reason to go for the green one is you're not paying a 3 grand premium just because you're buying it from next door to the Queen! Really can't see how he justifies nearly £4.5k even if it is only 28k miles from new - he has other Hondas in stock for the same money and they are 08-10 reg but have more "normal" mileage :

http://www.bradleyscars.co.uk.razsor.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/honda-civic-1-8-i-vtec-si-hatchback-5dr-crowthorne-201701301807614

http://www.bradleyscars.co.uk.razsor.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/honda-civic-1-8-i-vtec-type-s-hatchback-3dr-crowthorne-201701171389751

I suspect he's trying to appeal to a well-heeled punter who wants something a bit different for his ill-gotten gains. ;):D

• Like 2

On 13/01/2016 at 9:46 PM, hughezee said:

What are those wheels off - not from a CG4. 

I have a dislike of wheel designs (like these) that would appear to be going backwards on one side of the car.  (Have I explained myself well enough here?)

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, welland99 said:

What are those wheels off - not from a CG4. 

I have a dislike of wheel designs (like these) that would appear to be going backwards on one side of the car.  (Have I explained myself well enough here?)

Ford or should i say Mazda had wheels like that on the Probe/MX-6 24v (2.5 V6) but they were clever enough to fit two left hand wheels and two right hand wheels. You could always tell if the car had recently had tyres fitted at an allegedly reputable (but in fact dodgy) tyre fitting chain because the wheels would be mismatched - even more of a problem when the tyres were directional!

1 minute ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Ford or should i say Mazda had wheels like that on the Probe/MX-6 24v (2.5 V6) but they were clever enough to fit two left hand wheels and two right hand wheels. You could always tell if the car had recently had tyres fitted at an allegedly reputable (but in fact dodgy) tyre fitting chain because the wheels would be mismatched - even more of a problem when the tyres were directional!

I hadn't heard of this.  Solves one problem, but a you say introduces another.  :huh:

• Like 1

• Moderators

The only reason i knew of it is i owned one for a short period about 10 years ago. Funny thing was, because i was so used to seeing the wheels look "backwards" on one side, i thought the wheels looked odd on one side and couldn't put my finger on it until i saw a thread on the Probe forum moaning about (i think it was) Fik-Kwit having fitted directional tyres on the front wheels and then put them back on the wrong side but with the tyres rotating the correct way.

He had a hell of a job explaining to them what the problem was they had caused!

• Like 1

Going off topic here.... but i think you will aappreciate the tale......  This mention of the Probe makes me think of the Cougar.  (I quite liked both, but never owned either). 

Last year a retired coupled I know were selling their car.  The woman told me (verbally) that they were selling their Cougar and did I know anybody interested.  I replied by saying that I didn't know she had a coupe, and then had to explain (at great length) what a coupe is.  :wacko:.  She got all confused and didn't know what she was talking about.  She didn't think it was a coupe at all......

A week later I spoke to her husband and discovered that they were selling a KUGA! :D

Until that point, I had not heard of a KUGA, and she had not heard of a COUGAR!  I don't know what Ford were thinking when they named the KUGA.   

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, welland99 said:

If they were backwards on one side, then weren't they backwards on the other side too?  That's not quite as bad as having one forwards and one backwards on each side!

What i meam when i say i was used to seeing wheels look bakwars one side is the normal set up where they are all made the same, not with left and right hand ones - does that explain it?

4 minutes ago, welland99 said:

Until that point, I had not heard of a KUGA, and she had not heard of a COUGAR!  I don't know what Ford were thinking when they named the KUGA.

I don't know what Ford were thinking when they made the KUGA! Never mind the Necessity ............errrrrr ............ KA even!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
40 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Nice low mileage one and could it be a keeper, least it's realistically priced for a change :D

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-3-0i-V6-VTEC-AUTOMATIC-S-REG/292021479494

Hmm, bit tidier than mine wheel wise ! 16k less miles but 4 /5 years older.... I paid much less than that :P

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Are my eyes playing up or are all the photos in soft-focus? If so then it's doing the car no favours at all as it makes me wonder what it's hiding!

Not that i'm a cynical old git or anything of course! ;):D

:rolleyes::rolleyes::P

and I thought it was just me, soft focus, already booked a specsaver appointment :P, or maybe cynical.....sod it,  both probably apply !

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Anybody looking for a practical alternative to the coupe, but you just can't live without that V6 engine or comfort.

LHD C.jpg

LHD is no bigger IMO and it's not far from me and any serious buyers I would happily meet you there to check it out ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-R-REG-HONDA-ACCORD-3-0-V6-AUTOMATIC-EX-SEDAN-LEFT-HAND-DRIVE-/142355630077

• Like 2

• Moderators

Would you like fires with that, y'all?

I could be wrong but they look like the USA spec headlamps on it so won't give the correct beam pattern. On the subject of headlamps, it may also have the (certain states only) day running light system that brings the inner main beam lights on as day running lights. Great for being seen, horrendous for other motorists!

Still a nice car though - why didn't Honda give the UK the 3.0 V6 option in the saloons??? Grrrr!!! :angry:

• Like 1

• Moderators

You're quite probably right Bill and no doubt for the same reason as Honda didn't offer the UK the 3.0 V6 saloon in the first place.

Apart from a select few who aren't quite so worried, the population seems to be obsessed with getting as small an engine as possible. That's why manufacturers make so-called economy models that turn out to be anything but as the engines they use are so underpowered they drink more than their bigger engined stablemates. All without the extra power and refinement as well! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

That's why manufacturers make so-called economy models that turn out to be anything but as the engines they use are so underpowered they drink more than their bigger engined stablemates. All without the extra power and refinement as well! :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more, friend of mine has a brand new Audi 1.4 tfsi and loves my coupes power, handling and especially the economy.

1 hour ago, Mangoman said:

Looking at the price of that just reinstates my thinking that we are under-selling our Coupes!

Agreed, Bill although I was offered £5000 @ jap-fest 2014 by a Japanese fella, who loved it :D

DSC03101.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...