Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Minters & Keeper Suggestions “LINKS”

hughezee

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
22 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Grrr!! Was trying to reply to this earlier and the site went down! Lost my post! Might find it again tomorrow on the other PC though............

My bad Dave we have been having technical issues which I am sorting, my apologies :blush:

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Isn't this one a beauty! I would love to buy another that I could pamper and spoil and continue driving my daily one in the knowledge I have another. Just don't have £2K spare right now :(

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508206213198?search-target=usedcars&body-type=coupe&make=honda&model=accord&radius=1501&page=1&onesearchad=used&sort=default&transmission=automatic&postcode=de118bw&logcode=p

• Like 2

• Moderators

Certainly a nice one Rich - have a hunt down the back of the sofa, you might find the 2 grand you need for it! :lol:

The big thing is with a car like that you'd really need a climate-controlled garage and only use it in dry, preferably warm, weather. Cars need to be used though and only using it once in a blue moon wouldn't do it any favours. That said unless you were fastidious about cleaning and drying it after every outing (regardless of weather) then i expect after a few years it would begin to show its age. Hard to get the right balance between using a car like that enough to keep everything moving properly and not over using it so it suffers.

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 15/01/2016 at 9:23 AM, Retro Rich said:

Isn't this one a beauty! I would love to buy another that I could pamper and spoil and continue driving my daily one in the knowledge I have another. Just don't have £2K spare right now :(

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508206213198?search-target=usedcars&body-type=coupe&make=honda&model=accord&radius=1501&page=1&onesearchad=used&sort=default&transmission=automatic&postcode=de118bw&logcode=p

Yes cracking example :wub: we have discussed this car on another topic and it has been around a while, nevertheless I would buy it...

Some 1500-3500 grand coupes just sell quicker than others.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

• Founding Member
9 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Certainly a nice one Rich - have a hunt down the back of the sofa, you might find the 2 grand you need for it! :lol:

The big thing is with a car like that you'd really need a climate-controlled garage and only use it in dry, preferably warm, weather. Cars need to be used though and only using it once in a blue moon wouldn't do it any favours. That said unless you were fastidious about cleaning and drying it after every outing (regardless of weather) then i expect after a few years it would begin to show its age. Hard to get the right balance between using a car like that enough to keep everything moving properly and not over using it so it suffers.

Of course, you are right! Stuart and I have had this conversation many times. Put a car in dry storage, pamper and spoil it and don't enjoy it (by not driving it) and somebody else will enjoy it when you are pushing up the daises :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

sounds good but caveat emptor. i bought mine for similar reasons. honda plus two owners from new, last owner retired gentleman who owned it for 13 years, full history and in lovely condition, but inactivity can kill cars. be prepared for potential expense on consumable items like exhaust etc...although im sure this would not be such a problem as for the v6! all that siad, im a sucker for low miles, well maintained cars...or, well maintained cars in general. owned a citroen xm 2.5 td estate that had one owner and 330k miles!...also a volvo amazon wagon with over 300k. if your car has been cherished you are starting from a good point rather than throwing money into a pit. enjoy.

Please don't say 'Enjoy' - I'm still trying to resist.  Fortunately there are no photos to see (yet).  Perhaps this one has never had a cambelt change either?  The ad doesn't mention it.

(Would I be expelled from the V6 Forum for having a 2-litre?)

I had a Volvo Amazon estate, too.  1965, faded white with fibreglass replacement front wings.  It trundled along to 197000 miles before everything went wrong at the same time and I scrapped it.  It remains one of my favourites of my own cars.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was featured
  • The topic was unfeatured
  • The topic was pinned
  • 1 month later...
  • Founding Member

Just makes me sad that when you have such a nice example that you should post such shocking pictures of it!!! 

What a lovely find.....that car could look stunning in the right hands and drive impeccably with the right knowledge/experience(no clues there Stu) 

I just can't work out if the leather is cracked or if the pic is just pixelated! 

• Like 2

• Founding Member

Maybe working in a bank has made me more observant....if you look at the second interior pic, the seat belt isn't hanging right and is covering the bolster on the driver's seat....ie. the bolster that wears in every coupe still out there.  Me thinks the seat belt is hiding a rip or tear.  Nevertheless, it's a minter and with that mileage and with Stu's magic hands, it's got another 15 years life left in her. 

• Like 1

• Founding Member
6 minutes ago, GeoffPurpleHaze said:

Maybe working in a bank has made me more observant....if you look at the second interior pic, the seat belt isn't hanging right and is covering the bolster on the driver's seat....ie. the bolster that wears in every coupe still out there.  Me thinks the seat belt is hiding a rip or tear.  Nevertheless, it's a minter and with that mileage and with Stu's magic hands, it's got another 15 years life left in her. 

Agreed on all accounts mate

• Like 2

• 2 months later...