Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Coupe Today

Mangoman

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I'm sure you've all been wondering, "Why Bill so quiet"? Well chaps, I've not been sitting on my laurels..... :D

Yesterday I sprayed my 'alternative' Grill, (Thanks to Stu) with some Satin Black Acrylic, (the same I used on the Wiper Arms) ready to apply my new Honda 'H' Emblems. This Grill has the smaller 'H' placing.

Z5T6P05.jpg

P5JzuLS.jpg

Yesterday I also sucked out the Steering Fluid that was in the Reservoir, I tell you once below the Outlets the stuff was pretty gunky! (Sorry no photo). :( But I did take one of the freshly filled Reservoir... :)

BkndJjB.jpg Much better!! ;)

Then after letting the replacement Grill hard dry overnight I swapped over the Grills....... :D (After the rain had stopped that is).

Before:

LRTw7QR.jpg

After:

R3CZ805.jpg

Haven't finished yet...! :)

I then replaced the Boot Emblem because the Emblems came in a set of 2 different sizes. (I wasn't planning to do this, but I thought "why not". :)

Z1TD0hy.jpg

Hang on, hang on..... Still some more!!!

Decided to apply another Vinyl Transfer on the Rear Window - this one Black and red. :D (Sorry not easy to see - bad light). :(

2SkCvgA.jpg

And then I took some more photo's of the "Beast". (New name by the way) :D I hope you like???  (Not the cleanest I'm afraid as it hasn't been washed for a few days). :(:( 

KBopf6e.jpg

0PbmZQX.jpg

iXhmKsO.jpg

JAAdDz7.jpg

szJiJDJ.jpg

Ciao for now! ;)

• Moderators

That's a mean looking machine now !

Like the grill /badge, just what I was on about in another thread that you replied to... is that grill slimmer front to back ?

Just wait until that fluid has been around the rack and back!....get ready for another go at it! :D

Oh, and stop cleaning your car, makes mine look a right wreck in the pictures !!:lol::rolleyes:

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mangoman said:

Thanks Pete.

I think I will definitely give them a try when I need new ones. ;) Appreciate your help...... 

No probs, just come back from another hours drive in the rain on full wipers, clean the screen very effectively, really good.  If you recall I had a Maaasseeeve drivers wiper and a shorty passenger one.... can't even tell that the drivers one is four inches shorter....unless you are about 6'8" :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hughezee said:

Great work Bill I know you went off the idea of the walnut finish steering wheel, why not stick the jewel in the cars crown with a ATR steering wheel ;):ph34r:

Love the idea - note to self, " Must buy a Lottery Ticket".... :D

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Mangoman said:

Love the idea - note to self, " Must buy a Lottery Ticket".... :D

So, lets see, two quid a week on the lottery with "I might just win " or save two quid week in a jar for a year and buy one.....:D albeit secondhand !!

• Like 2

• Moderators

That's usually my kind of luck as well Bill - if i fell in a pile of cow manure i'd come out smelling of chicken poo! :lol:

The good news would be i didn't smell of cowshed confetti but the bad news would be i'd STINK of chicken sh!t! ;):lol::D

• Like 1

• Moderators

Another p/s suck and fill today, still black ish but  looking loads better now and definetly improved feel on steering which didnt seem quite right when i got the car, felt a bit like the electric p/s does, sort of not all there! 

Had to order more fluid though, at the moment Holdcroft Honda best price for genuine fluid by the way.

Did about 50 miies last night with the new headlight lamps,  big improvement too. Even at over 100mph light is fantastic, erm, private road :D still not as good as my tourer but close! 

• Like 2

Glad you like the Lights... I too found them much better aswell, both compared to the originals and the Mtecs I had previously fitted. :)

Yes, I too ordered some more PSF, but I'm using the Lucas stuff which comes in at £8.95/473ml. Strange measurement, but there ya go.... I reckon it has something to do with the old Imperial measurement. In actual fact I believe it is half an American Quart. Or 1 US. Pint . Whatever...... :D

Don't worry, I'm leaving the building! :(

• Moderators

You're right Bill, 473ml is a US pint - i've been hunting down some fluid for something else this morning and the genuine stuff comes in 473ml or 946ml sizes which are 1 pint or quart respectively the other side of the pond. Settled on some aftermarket stuff from the UK, partly for cost and partly because i didn't want to pay extortionate carriage and wait extra time.

I've been using ATF-U for my PAS - as far as i can work out it's very similar in composition to Honda PAS fluid, except of course for the colour....... :blush:;):D

• Like 1

Bill has entered the building! :D

Right, seeing as it was such a lovely day I decided to spoil it and do a ATF Dump'n'Fill.

The Drain was exactly 2.5 litres as measured. The last half litre I just put back because I'm a cheap-skate and only had 2 fresh litres of ATF-U. Considering this is the 3rd change I reckon it was 2/3rds ATF-U anyway and looked quite clean to me.

I have to say that after this one the Box felt much better! Maybe it's starting to do its job...... Anyway, that will be the last one I do this year. So it'll have to be. ;)

*** Oh, and I decided to actually count the 'Clicks', (not guess as previously done) on the Handbrake and strangely enough it holds normally at 6, and 7 will hold it in Gear. So if it's not broke, don't fix it... :D:D 

"Bill exits Stage Left"..........  t10518.gif 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Mangoman said:

Glad you like the Lights... I too found them much better aswell, both compared to the originals and the Mtecs I had previously fitted. :)

Yes, I too ordered some more PSF, but I'm using the Lucas stuff which comes in at £8.95/473ml. Strange measurement, but there ya go.... I reckon it has something to do with the old Imperial measurement. In actual fact I believe it is half an American Quart. Or 1 US. Pint . Whatever...... :D

Don't worry, I'm leaving the building! :(

I just paid 13.99 for 1 litre of genuine Honda fluid from Holdcroft Honda delivered in just less than 24 hrs..yes i ordered it yesterday and it was with me at lunchtime Today.

Just done another dump when i got back from a thirty mile round trip.. also discovered today that my "Accord" badge on the boot was loose again..vtec one ok. The glue didn't get more than couple of hours to go off before it got monsooned :(

So, as it was sunny all day and around 12c i have now tiger sealed it on,,,,drop off now you bugger ! 

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

I just paid 13.99 for 1 litre of genuine Honda fluid from Holdcroft Honda delivered in just less than 24 hrs..yes i ordered it yesterday and it was with me at lunchtime Today.

Just done another dump when i got back from a thirty mile round trip.. also discovered today that my "Accord" badge on the boot was loose again..vtec one ok. The glue didn't get more than couple of hours to go off before it got monsooned :(

So, as it was sunny all day and around 12c i have now tiger sealed it on,,,,drop off now you bugger ! 

Holdcroft is pretty dam good, they usually chuck in free PAS fluid on my big orders and regards your VTEC badge is actually not a standard badge, so very likely the previous owner fitted it?

• Like 3

• Moderators

Here is the car this morning in the sunshine, about 8am, the day after the meg Cleaner wax applied. I know it looks like the car is dirty but it is actually the sun shining through the trees reflecting off the stones onto the shiny (!!!) paint ...ok yes the tyres still want cleaning:(

However, the point of the pics is the first one shows the wax applies to the rear quarter and the top part of the door, below the window only..the lower portion of the drivers door only has the BH wash on it from cleaning.

It possible to see how the Cleaner wax beads up the water into smaller drops whereas the door panel without it on shows bigger and more randomly dispersed drops. Clearly its working well!

x7NJZST.jpg

This pic gives the longer view

NOE1CTc.jpg

The drivers door showing the difference between the top panel and the lower door..

Why am I showing you these pics?  'cos I can :P

• Like 2

I have to say that I found it very good as an almost combined Polish & Wax in one. Not sure if you bought the 3M Quick-Wax, but that I found excellent to finish off with and helps keep the Gloss for a long time.

I'm really not trying to be contentious here but I would use Mopping as a last resort on a dark car. I can walk through a carpark and tell you if a Polisher has been used improperly on a car or not. Light colours, a different story. ;) Sorry, I feel it is only right to warn you what can happen. Note 'can', not will....

About 12 years ago I used to work for a professional Valeter, and one place he used to do a bit of contract work was at this place:  http://www.meridien.co.uk/ferrari/  so you can imagine the type of cars we used to valet..... ;) And a Machine Polisher wasn't even allowed on the premises!!! Hand only. (Albeit they looked pretty good anyway).

This is what you can end up with:

ObV4wvD.jpg

xjcXaVm.jpg

zzrgF6p.jpg

1e49Hhh.jpg

To me, your car is looking great! :) (Except the tyres)...lol... :D

• Moderators

Wow! That looks horrible! 

I am still doing it by hand.....

Er, not sure that sounds right but you know what I mean ! :rolleyes:v:P

Tyres need some work ! Very muddy around  mine and only need to go half a mile and they look like this :(

• Like 3

• Founding Member

Pete, the beading is looking tight. If you zoom in to the area surrounding the reflection of the sun you will see the swirling. You just cannot remove these by hand but can soften them or minimise them. This would be the perfect scenario in which to use Poorboys Black Hole Glaze to fill the remainder of the swirls.

Bill, the finishes on those cars just tells me that the people who "polished" them didn't actually know what they were doing and probably used a 12v plug in polisher from Halfords:huh:Based on your experience in vast aspects of motoring no doubt you can appreciate that techniques and formulas of polishes and pads have changed. Machine polishing can be done very safely if you follow simple rules. 

I have just attached some before and afters from the net which were probably done by the same people on your pics but then rectified by some people that knew what they were doing:Dimage.jpeg.d7d49a73cde6b308e16093f55bcdb490.jpegimage.gif.33fd11bde7ffcb26196eab83be0306ec.gifimage.thumb.jpeg.de7d10ef4175a604ac35023b0b741728.jpeg

• Like 3

• Administrators

I agree with Ahsy regards the polishing and seen his quality work in person, but I do enjoy doing it by hand as sometimes it's easier. ;)

Also been working on members coupe in this lovely weather the only downside of this warm weather my coupe is covered in sand from the rain last night :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AhsyV6 said:

Pete, the beading is looking tight. If you zoom in to the area surrounding the reflection of the sun you will see the swirling. You just cannot remove these by hand but can soften them or minimise them. This would be the perfect scenario in which to use Poorboys Black Hole Glaze to fill the remainder of the swirls.

Excellent!,

Yes, long way to go yet  guess but hopefully moving in the right direction.... as you suggested previously about the Black Hole Glaze I have actually got some on order...last week in fact so should be here this next week :D

Been at it again this morning until the blasted rain arrived again.........

• Like 2