Subscriptions & Donations ×

Stevies V6 making her my own.

SteviesV6

On 11/5/2022 at 8:08 AM, Harry93 said:

I think it looks alright from the rear 👍 The clearance gap between the boot lid and spoiler looks smaller compared to the factory one, looks a bit more straighter and aggressive. But would like to see a shot from the side of the car and see how the rear quarter flows with the sides of the spoiler. 

Hey cheers mate I bloody love it. I've just took some pics so will upload in a sec, paint is good and the brake light is working via some questionable wiring by me.

On 11/5/2022 at 10:23 AM, AhsyV6 said:

Ah that makes sense now. I just thought there was a slight tweak on the styling at somepoint. Looks very nice mate and the paint job looks lovely.  Yours has a clearance at the ends where it meets the tops of the rear quarter panels whereas mine has a 1 cm gap which means I have to lift the bootlid when washing in order to access the area the spoiler covers.  Does yours have ACCORD imprinted in the light cluster? 

Nope I think it's maybe from the next gen up but unsure, no words printed on the spoiler and thankfully yes it has a gap so no need to lift the bootlid to clean that bit 😋

I was proud of my method of re routing the wire thru using magnets tapped to the wire then tracing it thru. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry93 said:

All that work has paid off 👌👍 Spoiler looks great and matches well with the rear quarter. Looks just as good as the original factory ones.

Yep cheers mate, the work paid off, spoiler was £20 to buy and £50 to paint. 😁

Not sure what colour honda stcikers to put on them yet or maybe something completely different. Ideas welcome 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, SteviesV6 said:

Mate I absolutely just love it 😍 

Would I be hated if I went down the red badge theme? Red front and back and centre caps

It's your ride so you make it what YOU want !!

I took the mounts off my front reg plate and stuck the plate directly to the bumper as I thought it looked ugly the way it was fitted at the factory..opinion was divided but I think it looks much better.  MY choice.

Personally,  red on centre caps doesn't do it for me but if you like it then that's fine,  it's YOUR choice.

Try it, see what it looks like, you can always change your mind later if you want............at the moment the government haven't made an act of Parliament , to make it illegal, to change your mind !!! but they are working on it..

• Like 1

• Founding Member

Red Honda badges on a non Type R Honda are just pointless, it's right up there with putting M sport badges on a BMW 318.

Non Honda people will not care what colour badges are on a car, most people who know Hondas will look at your car with red badges and think it's been badly modified and dismiss the car even with it's good points.

It's your car Steve, just keep the Silver badges to put back on when you sell it as red badges might put people off the car without looking into it too closely.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 8:50 AM, PTR200S said:

It's your ride so you make it what YOU want !!

I took the mounts off my front reg plate and stuck the plate directly to the bumper as I thought it looked ugly the way it was fitted at the factory..opinion was divided but I think it looks much better.  MY choice.

Personally,  red on centre caps doesn't do it for me but if you like it then that's fine,  it's YOUR choice.

Try it, see what it looks like, you can always change your mind later if you want............at the moment the government haven't made an act of Parliament , to make it illegal, to change your mind !!! but they are working on it..

Yeh true but I don't want to have loads of choice things to undo if I sell the cat so am definitely re thinking the red choice.

I definitely want to remove the rear badges aside from the centre honda H. 

So you the outer words have any pins behind them or just stuck on?

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 5:53 PM, Cryistic said:

Red Honda badges on a non Type R Honda are just pointless, it's right up there with putting M sport badges on a BMW 318.

Non Honda people will not care what colour badges are on a car, most people who know Hondas will look at your car with red badges and think it's been badly modified and dismiss the car even with it's good points.

It's your car Steve, just keep the Silver badges to put back on when you sell it as red badges might put people off the car without looking into it too closely.

Hey mate yeh I've been in 2 minds tbh the more I think about it 🧐

Well I suck at updates, got the 20% tints done and bloody love it, controversially I'm going to get the rear lights tinted with film rather than a spray then if she moves to a new owner or I don't like it I can just remove it.

Could someone please help me with a different steering wheel as I just feel the accord one feels massive.

• Like 2