Subscriptions & Donations ×

Stevies V6 making her my own.

SteviesV6

Really tidy car honestly mate. It's got 3 little dints, 2 small patches of rust on opposite rear sides where the bumper meets the car and a large patch running down the rear arch about 12inches long which needs sorting. 

I suspect it's been dry stored inbetween use as it's so clean underneath. 

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Stevies V6 making her my own.

IMG-20220314-180832.jpgHey cheers @hughezee much appreciated.

Soo plans are. 

First and foremost is decat and I know some don't like it and appreciate the points but it's rife on these old honda so I'll do it before it happens to me. 

Then gearbox oil change as per the instructions and fluid recommendations cheere fellas. 

Oil and filter change and if someone has a link to the correct s2000 filter then awesome. 

Then I've got to tackle the patch on the back, it seems someone has had a gb sticker on her, tried to pull it off but has somehow pulled the paint off so instead has sprayed over it with silver paint it looks tatty so will be sorted. 

Then the rust which tbh I'm not sure how to attack yet the only real bad bit is down the rear arch. 

Pics coming up. IMG-20220314-174800.jpg

IMG-20220314-180832.jpg

IMG-20220314-174655.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators
16 hours ago, SteviesV6 said:

Oil and filter change and if someone has a link to the correct s2000 filter then awesome. 

The correct filter is 15400 pcx 004, or 306

There is a big variation in costs, best I have found in a quick look is at Balmer Honda, £12.95 delivered.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393767105751

Sometimes buying 2 or more from a cheaper place like Tegiwa will give you a shipping saving when they have an offer on ,,,,,bit expensive at moment.

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-s2000-oil-filter.html

Of course there are good alternatives against that Honda part number too..

Hamp filters, Jap filters are good too.  Holdcroft Honda worth checking out for genuine filters.

Have a look here as well.

• Thanks 2

Hey cheers pal I've got the s2000 one saved in my basket comes in at £13 so not bad at all, my decat pipe has arrived from the netherlands so that will be fitted, I did enquire with Cox parts regarding the flexi pipe but from a chat and the diagram they sent me it seems it comes with 2 flanges one for each bank and the price is (please take a seat) £350. 

I enquired about the o2 sensors and 1 yes 1 is £570 🤣 the guy was proper helpful so I picked his brains and got some useful parts numbers. 

I've fitted a pair of twin horns but whilst doing this bearing in mind my bonnet is on gas struts I feels something strike my head and line behold the bonnet belted me. New bonnet rams in the ebay basket altho I did find some on Ali express for a fraction of the price 🤔

It's been a busy car day, also got a price to repair the sticker paint peel on the back bumper £140 and to treat the large arch rust patch is £250 per panel. Do these seem good prices guys? 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, SteviesV6 said:

I've fitted a pair of twin horns but whilst doing this bearing in mind my bonnet is on gas struts I feels something strike my head and line behold the bonnet belted me. New bonnet rams in the ebay basket altho I did find some on Ali express for a fraction of the price 

🤔

Twin horns??? It should have twins fitted in front of the radiator???  Or do you mean better horns ??

I have fitted Denali Soundbombs in the past, 120db , very LOUD 🤣🤣🤣

Yep, gas struts, mine are doing the same....I only open the bonnet when the temperature is above freezing now !!!!!

Are you buying the ones from the USA???? Or have you found a UK supply ? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124030681746

7 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Twin horns??? It should have twins fitted in front of the radiator???  Or do you mean better horns ??

I have fitted Denali Soundbombs in the past, 120db , very LOUD 🤣🤣🤣

Yep, gas struts, mine are doing the same....I only open the bonnet when the temperature is above freezing now !!!!!

Are you buying the ones from the USA???? Or have you found a UK supply ? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124030681746

Ah yes sorry it did have twin horns but they are or were utterly shocking so I whacked some twin insignia horns on boooooom super beep 😁 I should have looked for some you said tho even louder.

Donked on the head twice before I propped it up with a plastic electric fence post. I'll have a chdck later on the ones I've found and post up for you. Guna get my carplan ATF-U fluid today to start clearing out the manky fluid then when that's clear I can buy the good stuff. Just need to find the post someone linked me to for the sump nut washer for the auto box

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, SteviesV6 said:

Ah yes sorry it did have twin horns but they are or were utterly shocking so I whacked some twin insignia horns on boooooom super beep 😁 I should have looked for some you said tho even louder.

Donked on the head twice before I propped it up with a plastic electric fence post. I'll have a chdck later on the ones I've found and post up for you. Guna get my carplan ATF-U fluid today to start clearing out the manky fluid then when that's clear I can buy the good stuff. Just need to find the post someone linked me to for the sump nut washer for the auto box

Thanks, like to see the bonnet stays you are ordering, I have found loads of tailgate stuff but no bonnet struts in the UK that look like they will fit.

Sump washer stuff here

• Like 1

• Administrators
16 hours ago, SteviesV6 said:

I enquired about the o2 sensors and 1 yes 1 is £570 🤣 the guy was proper helpful so I picked his brains and got some useful parts numbers. 

I recently supplied both OEM Denso sensors to another member @Blue £128.50 delivered.😉

6 hours ago, SteviesV6 said:

Guna get my carplan ATF-U fluid today to start clearing out the manky fluid then when that's clear I can buy the good stuff.

I would advise caution on doing too many changes in succession, I personally would go for the best fluid and leave it for a little while. 🖐🏼️

• Like 2

On 3/18/2022 at 1:52 PM, PTR200S said:

Thanks, like to see the bonnet stays you are ordering, I have found loads of tailgate stuff but no bonnet struts in the UK that look like they will fit.

Sump washer stuff here

Ah yes I may have been hasty thinking these are uk ones 😆 I'll get the link and post up but they are us ones.

Is that the gearbox sumplug washer aswel? 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 4:25 PM, hughezee said:

I recently supplied both OEM Denso sensors to another member @Blue £128.50 delivered.😉

I would advise caution on doing too many changes in succession, I personally would go for the best fluid and leave it for a little while. 🖐🏼️

See that seems a decent price tbh. 

Do you mean do one change straight for the good stuff or do a couple of carplan atfu changes with a few hundred miles inbetween? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SteviesV6 said:

Is that the gearbox sumplug washer aswel? 

No the automatic gearbox drain bolt washer is 18mm and the engine oil sump drain washer is 14mm. 👌🏼

1 hour ago, SteviesV6 said:

carplan atfu changes with a few hundred miles inbetween? 

If the gearbox is completely smooth shifting, with no jolts or lumpiness, then go for ATF-U spaced out over a few hundred miles.

• Like 1

• Site Subscriber’s
5 hours ago, SteviesV6 said:

Cheers kev I've just messaged them so hopefully they should be able to sort them for me. Did we need to do a group buy? 

No, because I have a Legend, not a coupe.

They are local to me and I used them for new struts for a jukebox

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hughezee said:

No the automatic gearbox drain bolt washer is 18mm and the engine oil sump drain washer is 14mm. 👌🏼

If the gearbox is completely smooth shifting, with no jolts or lumpiness, then go for ATF-U spaced out over a few hundred miles.

Ah ok no worries. I'll have a see as I'm sure when I bought the filter for the civic it came with that bag of washers with a leaflet saying what's for what. 

It's mostly smooth changing as I pick up speed but changing down feels just a bit heavy