Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe 3.0 V6 "PROJECT RUBY"

hughezee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

First, start today since the cambelt & water pump job and initially all fine and all sounding sweet. However, before I fitted the timing belt there was a noise lingering I just couldn't put my finger on a strange intermittent noise which sounded similar to tensioner failure.🤨

Well, this noise has come back with a vengeance on the third start and I can only describe it as a spun bearing. So the neglect of this car must have extended with its maintenance too. ☹️

• Sad 3

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Well, this noise has come back with a vengeance on the third start and I can only describe it as a spun bearing. So the neglect of this car must have extended with its maintenance too. ☹️

As in big end or crank ??  😭

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, SteviesV6 said:

Oooh what is that knocking? 😔

After further investigation, it appears to be bad fuel despite putting a lot of fresh fuel in the tank. However, I will need to swap a few parts from another car to get it running right and a couple of new bits for good measure.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Founding Member

I'm shocked!  Not with your good work on the car but that such a thing happened - especially to you.. 

I  seem to think that if it was not for bad luck, you would not be getting any luck at all recently...

You might remember my earlier reference to a voodooo doll picking on me.... I guess it has another target now.   Time to leave you alone too I think.

Is there any possibility of transferring over good bits from Baldrick to replace burnt bits on Ruby?  Hence Baldrick's demise could help Ruby live on....  Or is the fire devistation simply too great?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, PaulS said:

Is there any possibility of transferring over good bits from Baldrick to replace burnt bits on Ruby? 

I had already taken a couple of fuel and breather hoses from Baldrick and the main wiring loom sits on top of the transmission and it is toasted, several fuses popped too. Also, the bonnet will need repainting as I instinctively shut it when the fire started, so that's the nail in the coffin IMO.

• Sad 2

• Site Subscriber’s
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

Ruby has fought me even more than Baldrick so time to move on me thinks. 😔

It shows just how valuable a car as good as Flex will eventually become - it's only a couple of years since Lovey/Baldrick was flying around the Alps, up and down the passes and cruising across Germany at 220mph. There must be quite a few V6s out there that are living on borrowed time now...

I hope the next project goes better.

• Thanks 1

• Founding Member

Gutted for you Stu, Ruby was looking like such a sweet motor after all your hard work.

It might not be much of a compensation but at least you got the fire put out quickly and it didnt spread to your house or one of your other cars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1