Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe 3.0 V6 "PROJECT RUBY"

hughezee

On 6/1/2022 at 9:09 PM, hughezee said:

Just keep finding bits to sort out and found more since, not the car's fault just more bodges.😡

I guess it's people who try and fix stuff but just have no idea or think hmm no one will ever see this

On 6/1/2022 at 9:13 PM, hughezee said:

I have only seen a handful with the lock switch and unfortunately the wiring is not present unless it has a switch.

Oooh man such a simple thing they should have included in them all

• Like 2

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Retro Rich said:

It was great to see the approach for cambelt replacement

It was great having you over mate, shuttle still looking smart and I hope the replacement fob serves you well. 🙂

18 minutes ago, Retro Rich said:

though I was saddened to learn that replacement parts can be really shoddy, unless they have been constructed in Japan đŸ˜ĸ

I was shocked and horrified when my recent orders arrived with inferior key components and it took some convincing for suppliers to accept them back.🙄☹ī¸

• Like 2

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Much more to do ?

Before it goes for MOT it mainly needs suspension work which includes N.S front wheel bearing, O.S front lower ball joint, both front & rear drop links, front & rear D-bushings.đŸĨĩ

• Sad 2

• Founding Member

Well done for sticking with the car despite all the extra things that need doing.

Hows the car for rust, I'd imagine at this point in the coupes life rust is now the main enemy, as all of the bad gearboxes must be dead by now.

Feel free to drop it round my place when it's MOT'd 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Cryistic said:

Hows the car for rust, I'd imagine at this point in the coupes life rust is now the main enemy

Arches & sills are clear and solid, but they'll get cleaned and sealed up from the elements anyway.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 6/15/2022 at 12:27 PM, Cryistic said:

Whats your preferred system?

I haven't found any particular system that doe's everything well, so I tend to use my own system which is combinations of products. However, it all depends on the area and prep' needed and over time I now have a better understanding of the product's strengths and weekneses despite what it says on the tin lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Thanks, although I have been hiding under my rock with a cold one today. 😆👌

I could have done with doing that, instead I was on top of an outhouse, re roofing it, instead......I am burnt to a crisp...which would have gone down well with a cold one đŸ¤ŖđŸ¤Ŗ

đŸē

• Clap Hands 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...