Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe 3.0 V6 "PROJECT RUBY"

hughezee

• Site Subscriber’s

Missed this post first time round, so only just catching up. Glad you're saving another. I note that on 'How Many Left' there are only 174 on the road now, with a similar number on a SORN. That's down about 20% on the previous Quarter. I love the rarity of these cars. Hopefully spares will continue to be available.

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Chrismas said:

Glad you're saving another. I note that on 'How Many Left' there are only 174 on the road now

This one was certainly a basket case, probably the most molested motor I have dealt with to date. 🙄

• Sad 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SteviesV6 said:

Jesus mate just been reading all this and well done here's me worrying about doing the cabin filters 😆

Thanks for the vote of confidence fella, although the car has just chucked another spanner in the works again.😩

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Founding Member
1 hour ago, SteviesV6 said:

Just wondering mate does yours have the lock button next to the internal door release handle? Mines got a blank cap so was wondering if the plug is underneath? 

I’m pretty sure the internal locking switch was for the U.S. and/or European market (excl UK). 

• Founding Member
33 minutes ago, SteviesV6 said:

Aaah bugger mine does say made in America on the slam panel tho 😐

Just in case you didn’t know but all our coupes were made in Ohio U.S. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Administrators
10 hours ago, SteviesV6 said:

Just wondering mate does yours have the lock button next to the internal door release handle? Mines got a blank cap so was wondering if the plug is underneath? 

I have only seen a handful with the lock switch and unfortunately the wiring is not present unless it has a switch.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, AhsyV6 said:

Is that what you used on my car? 

No mate, I raided the parts I intended to fit on my coupe which are all Japanese made parts except for the hydraulic tensioner which is SKF. This kit is a mix of Mexican and Chinese made parts and offered good value with a 3-year warranty.

EDIT: the water pump will be Japanese made, can't trust anything else. 😉

• Like 1

• Founding Member
2 minutes ago, hughezee said:

No mate, I raided the parts I intended to fit on my coupe which are all Japanese made parts except for the hydraulic tensioner which is SKF. This kit is a mix of Mexican and Chinese made parts and offered good value with a 3-year warranty.

Nice one! 

• Like 1