Subscriptions & Donations ×

Accord Coupe Minters & Keeper Suggestions “LINKS”

hughezee

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, hughezee said:

could be a prime sea breezer?

Last V5C (log book) issued 31/8/2019 Stu. There have been a lot of Xxx GLE and similar registrations round this neck of the woods, usually 2.0 models but the occasional V6 as well. Seem to recall that one as it was so tidy and it disappeared from round here mid summer last year.

I could be wrong but if i'm not, then it hasn't spent too much time in the dreaded sea breeze. ;):D

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

That IS a nice one Stu. Maybe too nice? As in if it seems too good to be true, it probably is nice - what do you think?

I could well be wrong but checking the MoT History, it seems to have a history of fractures on the rear anti-roll bar drop links :

3 August 2020

Fail

View test certificate

Mileage 53,967 miles

MOT test number 7787 3459 8790

Test location

View test location

Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):

Nearside Rear Anti-roll bar linkage fractured (5.3.3 (b) (ii))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

Rear o/s & n/s brake hose ferrules corroded

exhaust flanges in poor condition

Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material front to rear pipes corroded at securing clips on cover (1.1.11 (c))

Offside Rear Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material corroded (1.1.11 (c))

Offside Front Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge tread separating (5.2.3 (e))

Suspension component corroded but not seriously weakened most (5.3.3 (b) (i))

Most recent one ^^^^^ there are others further back. Poor components or heavy use in the wrong places?

• Like 4

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

That IS a nice one Stu. Maybe too nice? As in if it seems too good to be true, it probably is nice - what do you think?

I could well be wrong but checking the MoT History, it seems to have a history of fractures on the rear anti-roll bar drop links :

3 August 2020

Fail

View test certificate

Mileage 53,967 miles

MOT test number 7787 3459 8790

Test location

View test location

Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):

Nearside Rear Anti-roll bar linkage fractured (5.3.3 (b) (ii))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

Rear o/s & n/s brake hose ferrules corroded

exhaust flanges in poor condition

Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material front to rear pipes corroded at securing clips on cover (1.1.11 (c))

Offside Rear Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material corroded (1.1.11 (c))

Offside Front Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge tread separating (5.2.3 (e))

Suspension component corroded but not seriously weakened most (5.3.3 (b) (i))

Most recent one ^^^^^ there are others further back. Poor components or heavy use in the wrong places?

Similar failures to the one that was for sale that i posted when Ansy posted his in the projects section a few days back.

Links, roll bar etc plus corrosion.?...

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 9/25/2020 at 9:05 PM, hughezee said:

Also on Ebay now, nice money if you can get it !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Accord-3-0-i-V6-2dr/264873658975?hash=item3dabb34a5f:g:ETUAAOSwHZJfaLzt

If this is the true value of our cars I would be happy ! but I suspect not !......still happy though !!

In the States this car would be 6k plus...................

My lad in the States has just had his other halfs Honda Acura (posh Accord!) 2.4 litre, 2004, mk7 written off, payout $5500............ 220 thousand miler !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators

I have a similar age Honda Legend which will be retained although I would be content to keep the Accord if anyone is interested in an immaculate 60,000 mile 1998 Legend

^^^^^^^ From that listing - strange he hasn't listed the Legend, i wonder how much he wants for that?

• Like 2

• Moderators

Nice spot that, Ahsy.

Dave ,  go on , go on,  go on....,ask him how much for legend 😛

I wouldn't have put that 150000 mile statement on the advert...even private sellers can get hung on that.

That said If it only lasts another 50k , put in the stable next to the £2995 3 litre car !!!!

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

I wouldn't have put that 150000 mile statement on the advert...even private sellers can get hung on that.

He's been clever about it though Pete :

I would have no hesitation in expressing the opinion that this Accord coupe is capable of travelling at least another 150,000 miles.

That's purely his opinion based on his own experience and i'm guessing he's had his cars regularly serviced by Honda dealers. His opinion would therefore be based on someone else doing the same.

That's his get out of jail free card on that one, it's only his opinion and not a guarantee.

I do get what you're saying and from his words, i think he does too! ;):D

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

there are some people who would push it via some sympathetic illegal immigrant money grubbing lawyers 

some pathetic illegal immigrant money grubbing lawyers 

My minor alteration to your words ^^^^^

Totally agree with what you're saying, even though it seems like i'm arguing otherwise by the way! I would have qualified it more if i'd been the seller such as "as long as the car is maintained to the same standard it's my opinion.......blah, blah, blah"

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

some pathetic illegal immigrant money grubbing lawyers 

haha ! Nailed it !

They should be sent back with the illegals to country of origin if they lose the case...all costs on them NOT on the people via legal aid .....better still if we have to pay for it use the foreign aid budget..

• Clap Hands 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, AhsyV6 said:

This looks genuine 

Great find, good colour too 😁

4 hours ago, PTR200S said:

If this is the true value of our cars I would be happy ! but I suspect not !......still happy though !!

I have agreed value of 3k on my insurance, so its fair, if it is a good one? 🤨

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

2.2 early one in the best colour ! Respray too, so I wonder if it was a full respray or a blow over.

Seems to have had suspension mount corrosion mot failure in 2017 , 15k miles ago , more rust in advisories this mot too.

Looks like the brake issues have been fixed with new calipers and disks plus the oil leak mentioned in the mot a few times solved with the new rocker cover gasket.

Maybe the suspension mount corrosion has been done properly too, seems to have had some serious money spent on it, reflected in the asking price though !!

https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda/honda-accord-coupe-1994-other-2156-cc-2-doors/1388969270

Not sure about the wheels though, nightmare to clean!!

• Moderators
3 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Respray too, so I wonder if it was a full respray or a blow over.

Have a look at photo 7 of 9, the front end is a different colour to the rest! :o

Listing says "New Refurbished Alloy wheels" - are they new or are they refurbiished? Not original either way.

Something doesn't smell right about it, nice though it appears to be.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

113k miler, V6,  Green.... bid at 940 so far

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265147956241

Quite a lot of corrosion mentioned in mot history, both subframe and suspension mounts as well.

Offside , and nearside front ball joint cover mentioned in 2019 with wear in offside and a worn tyre too, must have been letting dirt in for a while.

10k miles done since 2015 and upto 2019 but 15k miles done in 2020 alone !!!

New owner you might think but the last log book change in 2015. 🤔

• Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

Upto a £1020 now, reserve still not met   😛 

Mentions "gold badge addition"   not sure if that is what's meant !

Maybe should be " gold badge edition" !!!....missing his tips though 😁

• Like 2