Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Shuttle or Odyssey Today?

hughezee

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Seems more than enough to me....  Did you get everything done?  In Manchester it was raining all day....

Raining,...., really ? 

Had rain showers last night for first time in two months...nothing today except sun, sun and more sun !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Stu, have you got genuine floor mats in Ody ?  Looking for a set for Elly but cant find any for Elysion except after market jap stuff which is horrible.  The ones  advertised as fitting the Elysion just dont !!!!

• Like 2

• Administrators
14 hours ago, PaulS said:

Seems more than enough to me....  Did you get everything done?  In Manchester it was raining all day....

Raining all day (jealous) its been blooming hot @ H6 HQ, although little rain this evening which has cooled things nicely, didn't get everything done though,

14 hours ago, Lennie Legend said:

Genuine Honda parts, can’t beat em. ?

Not a fan of all Genuine parts but it can make life easier if you can still actually get them, still waiting for new shock absorbers to arrive KYB ones in fact for the Accord Coupe they fit perfect and priced more reasonably too, then I can fit my new genuine bump stops.  

14 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Did you get it all done , Stu ?

Is the dizzy difficult to get to ? Or are they plugtop stuff ?

The dizzy is easy to access, although I did damage it, so gave up replacing the bearing and both oil seals and ordered a couple of used accord ones off fleebay and intend to make one good one and have a couple of spare ignition coils in the oddy spares bin...

14 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Stu, have you got genuine floor mats in Ody ?  Looking for a set for Elly but cant find any for Elysion except after market jap stuff which is horrible.  The ones  advertised as fitting the Elysion just dont !!!!

Yes, I have the Genuine mats Pete, very different to the Shuttle mats and I would suspect the same for Elysion having a different seat positioning?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Honda Odyssey RA6 Still To Do List
  • Moderators
13 hours ago, hughezee said:

waiting for new shock absorbers to arrive KYB ones in fact for the Accord Coupe they fit perfect and priced more reasonably too,

I was always under the impression KYB were OE suppliers to Honda (and others) so if i'm right, it's genuine Honda without the price tag. :D

I know on the 800s, the springs were made by Lesjofors and the OE shocks were initially Monroe and then changed to Delphi but given the 800 is so close to the Legend and as far as i'm aware, the Legend used KYB shocks........... :D They would be my first choice if i needed to replace any shocks now on the Sterling, the Volvo already has a full set of KYBs - definitely good shocks! ;):D

• Like 2

• Administrators

They have used various manufacturers over the years most common is SACHS anyway Amazon has only just dispatched them MOT expires tomorrow no point taking it in till I'm all up to date with everything plus the coupe is stretching his legs so no rush Amazon, although I would like to go fishing this decade...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Don't you just hate it when the advert says (UK stock, immediate dispatch" and 3 weeks later they suddenly decide to despatch them?

Couple of things i've bought on ebay have been like that lately, "UK stock, immediate dispatch" - ordered 10 days ago, turn up today in a "Royal Mail 24hr" emblazoned Jiffy bag!

Maybe it's immediate dispatch from when they get it into their warehouse but they fail to mention the week it takes to get from their supplier to them! ?

• Like 2
  • grrrr 1

• Administrators

I feel dizzy, both used distributors arrived today and disassembled then reassembled the best one with new seals & new bearing, new cap & rotor and running well.?

Next job replace the front shocks and swap the wheels, a couple of DIY topics to follow soon.?

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

Fresh Valvoline ATF, although pleasantly surprised with the results from the lube guard additive with virtually nothing on the sump magnet. Also not forgetting my tried and tested 5W40 engine oil and some new Denso plugs, purring like a kitten... 

• Like 3

• Founding Member
37 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Fresh Valvoline ATF, although pleasantly surprised with the results from the lube guard additive with virtually nothing on the sump magnet. Also not forgetting my tried and test 5W40 engine oil and some new Denso plugs, purring like a kitten... 

What brand of engine oil are you using? 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Just ordered new rear shockers springs, bushes, uprated front capliers and standard rear ones all complete with new hardware i.e sliders, carriers even pads included all for around 60% less than eBay prices all branded stuff too, gotta luv the USA. 👍👍👍

• Like 3

• Moderators
11 hours ago, hughezee said:

gotta luv the USA. 👍👍👍

I'd definitely second that! Needed a FPR for the Volvo recently, it's only shared with Pug/Citron, Renault V6 of a similar era (all pretty much extinct now), a Lancia (Thema V6) and a very rare Alfa and Porsche 911/928 models from the early 90s. As such, trying to get one in this country varied from guffaws of laughter to £500 in terms of response when i asked price and availability.

R/A - about £15, on the shelf ready for shipping (S&H was about a fiver, currency exchange fee about £2, all in £22 or $26 until it got here. Then because it was a few pence over £15, i was charged 20% Import VAT that the Royal Mail collected on behalf of HMRC and charged a collection fee of £8 for the privilege! :o

Ignoring the rip-off at our end, it was cheap and available and transformed how the Volvo was running!

Definitely gotta luv the US of A! ;):D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Well since I had no chance of getting Mikes coupe ready for an A.C regas and service, I decided the odyssey was overdue its 2-year A.C service anyway why waste an appointment and a chance to catch up with the lads at my local ATS, although the new guy was hilarious and full of plenty of B.S of which the manager politely told him, Stu knows more about cars than us lot combined, so leave it 😂😁🤣 if that wasn't an awesome compliment I don't know what is. 👍

20190322-110434.jpg

• Like 4