Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Shuttle or Odyssey Today?

hughezee

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Wonder if the chassis at the rear of the Oddy is same as Elly, or pretty much....what was the item code for your bar ?

The code is PHON49 the odyssey is very different at the rear regards the floor compared with the couple of Elysion's I have seen and from your pictures Pete, but the key structural parts could be the same nonetheless.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, hughezee said:

The code is PHON49 the odyssey is very different at the rear regards the floor compared with the couple of Elysion's I have seen and from your pictures Pete, but the key structural parts could be the same nonetheless.

Phon54 was mine, be interesting to see how they came up with the same price !!!!

Just a generic price list, " one price fits all " !!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Well, today I diagnosed the power steering pump has gone bad on the odyssey ☹️ I replaced the all seals almost 2 years ago now and its been trouble-free ever since and now following a power steering fluid change with the genuine fluid its started to wine and now it is pretty bad so a quick trip out abruptly cancelled to return home. 🙄 Personally, I doubt the fluid is to blame as its clocked almost 150,000 miles.

So I have ordered three used pumps, 2000 accord, 1999 Shuttle and a luckily I managed to find of an RA6 pump in Ireland for £40 delivered, worth seeing if any of the others are compatible with the high-pressure side connection and potentially saving other owners from expensive repairs.

• Like 4

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, hughezee said:

I have ordered three used pumps, 2000 accord, 1999 Shuttle and a luckily I managed to find of an RA6 pump in Ireland for £40 delivered, worth seeing if any of the others are compatible with the high-pressure side connection and potentially saving other owners from expensive repairs.

I would think the HP side should be the same Stu and if not, a hex nipple should make it possible to adapt one to the other. It would be the bracketry that would bother me, whether the brackets are swappable?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Laird_Scooby said:

It would be the bracketry that would bother me, whether the brackets are swappable?

I see what you're saying Dave and your input always appreciated 🙂, all the F-series are cast the same so all variations of brackets will fit, but if there specific to the pump I will find out when they arrive, I suppose.🤔 However the Accord, Shuttle, later RA6 odyssey brackets for the alternator looked different but seem to be positioned exactly the same in terms of aliment with two different belt lengths, with one bracket pushing the alternator further up in respect of a slight difference the harmonic balancer pulley, but I can test swap anything around until I'm happy then share some info for others, new pump is 500+ pump refurb 200+.😵

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that the pump is the same with different brackets for different models. The A/C compressor on the 827 is also used on the 820 but with different brackets - the assemblies carry different part numbers and prices as a result. If memory serves the suction pipe has to be moved through 90 degrees on the flange plate that bolts to the top of the compressor, simple enough job.

I'm guessing (and hoping for you) that something similar exists on the PAS pumps.

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

I'm guessing (and hoping for you) that something similar exists on the PAS pumps.

Either way, I still got the matching pump from a breaker, a used spare from Japan was £170.00 ish 🤨 so 80 ish on three used pumps and compatible potential, bargain🤪

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Did you use one of the pumps you got or just do a seal replacement on the existing?

I repaired my original pump with all new seals a couple of years ago, and the shaft bearing failed on it recently. So I fitted the like for like used pump and that started to leak too, so swapped over the newish seals over to the used replacement unit.  The other pumps I have which are part of compatibility testing need the brackets, so I am on the search atm, anyway hope that makes sense Pete.

• Like 3
  • Clap Hands 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
16 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

That's one spoiled car! :P;):D

Nothing out there that can realistically replace it, so why not 😋 + wanna keep it in tip-top condition for future ease of maintenance.

1 minute ago, PTR200S said:

OK, spill the beans , wotcha bought this time ? 😛

I just ordered some new gaskets nuts and bolts, cooling system bits, seals hoses etc.

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, hughezee said:
27 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Nothing out there that can realistically replace it, so why not 😋 + wanna keep it in tip-top condition for future ease of maintenance.

Too right! Too van-like for what i'd need/want most of the time but as an estate car, perfect.

If i ever had to replace the Volvo, the Odyssey, CRV and 5th gen Accord Aerodeck would be on the short-list. Meanwhile i'm doing the same as you and spoiling it to prolong its life. ;):D

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Meanwhile i'm doing the same as you and spoiling it to prolong its life. ;)

Never wanna get stuck with some Eurotrash, rather keep a jap motor going (make it easier to live with too) that was built to a standard, not a price. Your Volvo is a prime example of taking pride in your motor, all the time and effort and money you've put into it just makes more sense to keep it going, than drive a junker into the ground as most would.

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1
  • Thanks 1