Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Shuttle or Odyssey Today?

hughezee

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Much better the devil you know regardless of make but if it's one you know will reward you with reliability in return for some TLC then it's a no-brainer!

Definitely Dave, lots of good motors out there worth spending a few £££'s and proactive maintenance and they will potentially live forever.

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

Definitely, lots of good motors out there worth spending a few £££'s and proactive maintenance and they will potentially live forever.

Indeed you're right Stu, a few hundred £ changed my Volvo from being a near-end of life car into something worth a fair few £££ now and i've had the enjoyment of owning and using it. Pretty much essential for me for walking the pooch these days as well so it's a win-win for me. ;):D

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, hughezee said:

A quick spin in the Family WAG today, still looking sharp after a wash yesterday. 😃

I like that,  family wives and girlfriends  (wag) 😁😁😁😂😂🙂🙃

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

New battery for the oddy today, a replacement has been on my mind for a week or so now, the car wasn't feeling right etc, then battery light flickered yesterday and engine labouring, radio sounding tinny. So checked ECP last night found a Varta Blue 156 Car Battery - 4 Year Guarantee, Product Code: 444771562 with discount £82.19 and available to collect from my local branch today. Then that got me thinking about carparts4less 🤔 same battery with discount £67.36 delivered, it was delivered from my local ECP free of charge this morning. 😄

20210527-114644.jpg

Car running loads better now, got the old battery tested and it failed test. 😁

20210527-114629.jpg

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Apart from ordering a couple of bits from amayama nothing interesting to share atm, well not until they arrive. 🖐️

Although I did stumble across Japital FM recently, sounded remarkably like Capital FM.🤣

20210617-234748.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators
20 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

OK, where did you swipe the wheels from !!! Looking smart !! You been painting again ???   !!!

I just cleaned them...............😆

20 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

and iridium sparkys too , posh stuff !! 

Never really noticed much difference TBH, been running standard Denso for three years with no problems but with E10 dominating now 🙄 I thought would treat it to the best possible plug, saying that NGK iridium is my favourite.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, hughezee said:

I have made another amayama order today...👍

More goodies then !! 😛

Wotcha bought, mister ? 😝

Did you notice if the carriage costs had gone up as I mentioned on the Elysion thread??

That part for an Elysion rear wing cover was nearly four times the price by the time they added shipping to it..and it was a very light part, less than 1.2kg

• Like 2

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Wotcha bought, mister ? 😝

Since inspecting all the coolant hoses on the last coolant change the two main hoses had the dreaded reinforcement cords snapping feeling when squeezed, so I am replacing all the key hoses as a preventative thing.👍
Additionally, the most common hose to fail on the D or F-series is the one that passes by the corner of the valve cover and oil can course swelling and despite me sorting all oil leaks it's a little swollen and soft from oil leaking on it in the past, so replacing that too.👍

Check out this vid for reference 4:03 - 5:00

• Like 2

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Did you notice if the carriage costs had gone up as I mentioned on the Elysion thread??

They had to approve my order before I made payment and postage went up a couple of quid since they now have to fly around that waste of space on the map.🤐

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hughezee said:

They had to approve my order before I made payment and postage went up a couple of quid since they now have to fly around that waste of space on the map.🤐

Yes, that "approve the order" thing is new, no shipping cost until they have done that.....not everything though but if it does get that approval order the shipping seems to be excessive compared with previous years.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

One of the rear vents developed a rattle, looking through the vent spotted a screw missing, easy fix I thought 😄 WRONG.🙄☹️

20220508-151839.jpg20220508-152908.jpg20220508-154818.jpg

Working with your head tilted back looking up wasn't easy 🙃 then airflow adjustment fins decided to come off the guide clip/strip once I put everything back FFS.😭

• Sad 3

• Site Subscriber’s
On 5/8/2022 at 4:15 PM, hughezee said:

then airflow adjustment fins decided to come off the guide clip/strip once I put everything back FFS.😭

Welcome to my world!

Seriously tho, if Stu is having issues then there is no hope for us mere mortals.

• Like 1
  • Clap Hands 1
  • Haha 2