Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Shuttle or Odyssey Today?

hughezee

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, PTR200S said:

Was it old age deterioration or an actual mech failure ?

Apart from the fuel gauge niggle nothing else is wrong TBH 😊

1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

What were the fuel gauge niggles you had Stu?

little inaccuracies between ignition cycles, it works fine now 👍

• Like 3

• Administrators

Few more parts arrived for the odyssey including new Japanese made bump stops (no longer available from Honda) shocks all assembled and the old bump stops were almost an inch shorter with wear and then the heavens opened up. 😞

Those with a keen eye might spot my newly installed rear camera, with all the cabling neatly hidden away in the tailgate following the existing wiring loom. 👍

• Like 2

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Those with a keen eye might spot my newly installed rear camera,

Be interesting to see if being mounted on the tailgate causes any problems long-term with the camera Stu. - i still haven't fitted my rear camera on the Sterling, original thought was on the number plate plinth but shutting the boot can sometimes be a bit of a thud so been looking at other places where that won't be a problem. Likewise on the Volvo although there is some trim at the back of the headlining that i could use to mount the rear cam on. More thought required for me i reckon!

What are all the toys in those boxes then? Or is it a secret until you fit/install/otherwise get them out to play with?

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Be interesting to see if being mounted on the tailgate causes any problems long-term with the camera Stu

it's a rear camera that pairs up with my front dash camera and its got a strong magnet that holds it on the base and it doesn't move easily and it is virtually impossible to slam the boot on the Odyssey, I did test it as I did have my suspicions it would move but it doesn't 👍

10 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

What are all the toys in those boxes then? Or is it a secret until you fit/install/otherwise get them out to play with?

No secret buddy :ph34r: there's a BOSE sub from an accord is in the nearest box (pictured further up) and some new rear wheel bearings in the box further back... :)

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Great work there Stu! ;):D

Thanks, buddy, I replaced all mechanical bits in pairs including rear calipers (will be doing front ones soon) and filled all inner rear arches with wax and it started dripping out of a few odd places, obviously where the seam sealer had failed with age, so all good. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Does the wax have a rust killer built in as well Stu or is it purely protective? 

• Wax injected fluid for protecting underbody, chassis box sections, door panels, sills, etc.
  • Fluid nature allows rust to be eliminated or prevented in hard to reach spaces.

As quoted from the manufacture buddy, used it for a few years now and never had to re-apply it although I still do, keeps the rust under control...

• Like 2

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Sounds a useful drop of goo - which one is it?

20190617-112952%5B1%5D.jpg

Just done the final coat of wax over the painted areas as pictured above and another three cans ordered to finish the rest of the car fill sills etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Founding Member
10 hours ago, hughezee said:

20190617-112952%5B1%5D.jpg

Just done the final coat of wax over the painted areas as pictured above and another three cans ordered to finish the rest of the car fill sills etc.

Iv been using this as recommended by Stu love it

• Like 2

• Moderators

Don't know if either of your pair know of a better price but this seems reasonable on fleabay :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Comma-Wax-Seal-Anti-Rust-Treatment-And-Underbody-Protection-WS500M-500ml-Aerosol/292685801218

They also do other multiple listings, best value seems to be this one :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Comma-Wax-Seal-500ml-Aerosol-Anti-Rust-Treatment-Underbody-Protection-WS500M-X5/372344240795

Just under £6 a can with free postage.

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Brett said:

he sprayed the front of car behind bumper for good measure 

Prevention is always better, my coupe still looks brand new in those hard to see areas where rust can lurk and intend to keep it that way too 👍

• Like 1