Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Shuttle or Odyssey Today?

hughezee

• Administrators

Well celebrated the Odysseys first outing with a couple of last minute successful fishing trips last week, drives beautifully and all the rear rattles & clunks are gone. 😁

20190702-153948.jpg

MOT is due this month and only the front callipers to replace, but gotta clear the mud off it first... 😬

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
20 minutes ago, Laird_Scooby said:

Is it worth claiming on the insurance for vandalism?

I doubt I will go that route TBH buddy as somebody else would be doing the job and would take forever. 🤔 Thankfully the glass is still intact just a few scratches on the edge so I've removed the glass and rather sort it myself and do it right once...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Still waiting for a reply of two dealers and the site you recently used for that hose, half expected this to be a none starter, so plan B arrives today and will likely be sorted before I ever get a response off any...

Edit: parts have arrived now 😁

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

Bummer! I remember when i bought the fuel pressure regulator for the VOlvo fro Rock Auto, on the day i bought it, it was a few pennies under £15 so wasn't eligible for Import Duty/Tax @ 20%

On the day it shipped, the invoice figure (because the exchange rate had altered) put it a few pence over £15 so all of a sudden, i have to pay Import Duty.

Don't mind that too much but what pithed me off was the £8 fee charged by Royal mail for collecting/processing the collection of said Duty of £3.01 or whatever it was!

The people at HMRC had all my details (hence being able to assess the price, send me a card etc etc) so why they couldn't just email a link saying there was an Import Duty to pay of £3.01, i pay online (same as i had to do with RM) and they release it into the postal system - job done, everyone happy!

• grrrr 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, hughezee said:

Got screwed again 🙃 but a quick visit to ATS sorted for FREE 👍

I get screwed regularly, compromises my rubber thoroughly too !!!!!

Nice touch at ATS though, did you get tyres from them originally??? Lifetime warranty????

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, PTR200S said:

Nice touch at ATS though, did you get tyres from them originally??? Lifetime warranty????

I use them regularly for MOT's and A.C recovery and refills, tyres etc and we always have mutual respect, so freebies just happen, although I never expect it. I am the only customer with hundreds of Honda's at one address on the there entire national database... 😆

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...