Subscriptions & Donations ×

What Have You Done To Your Shuttle or Odyssey Today?

hughezee

• Moderators

Excellent Stu, loads of jobs done ! 

What are you using in the fuel tank? Carlube injector cleaner?

Does the Oddy have the five speed box? DW1? or "Z1" stuff?

Wondered if I should be using DW1 in my Elysion, just been using the stuff that I use in the Coupe as I bought loads last year 🙄😝

• Like 3

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Wondered if I should be using DW1 in my Elysion, just been using the stuff that I use in the Coupe as I bought loads last year 🙄😝

Your Elysion takes ATF-Z1 and much newer motors that spec DW1 shift better on Z1 compatible fluids once they've got a few miles on them.

21 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

What are you using in the fuel tank? Carlube injector cleaner?

Yup works well too 👍

Does the Oddy have the five speed box? DW1? or "Z1" stuff?

it has the 4-speed but shifts fast no complaints 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
On 4/7/2020 at 7:37 PM, hughezee said:

Valve cover weeping a little, will sort that tomorrow 😉

20200408-123033.jpg
20200408-123028.jpg

The last picture clearly showing the leak at the back of the valve cover, so also fitted a lower pressure Honda PCV to hopefully solve it plus a new genuine valve cover seal 👍

Also, I have a new set of rear discs and pads for the odyssey, the old ones are ok, little scoring from some Euro-trash pads I fitted last year, so do you think I should get them done while I have time or chill out?

• Clap Hands 3

• Site Subscriber’s
On 4/8/2020 at 1:57 PM, hughezee said:

Also, I have a new set of rear discs and pads for the odyssey, the old ones are ok, little scoring from some Euro-trash pads I fitted last year, so do you think I should get them done while I have time or chill out?

I don't think my answer would be the same as yours Stu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
On 4/8/2020 at 1:57 PM, hughezee said:

Also, I have a new set of rear discs and pads for the odyssey, the old ones are ok, little scoring from some Euro-trash pads I fitted last year do you think I should get them done while I have time or chill out?

Get it done, have the nice shiny brakes to use for YOUR benefit not the next owner, keep the other as spares....

This is the equivalent of buying a new car and then putting seat covers on it !!! ......so the next owner can benefit from the new seats but the rest of the car is trashed 😝

• Like 1

• Moderators

So did the seal show signs of degradation? or just "tired" ? 

Just wondered if it had been chemically attacked by oil....just discovered they put bioshite in kerosene heating oil, wrecked an "O" ring on a sensor on the intake to the burner in the heating boiler, at home, ...fuel oil everywhere.....🤬

• Sad 3

• Administrators
Just now, PTR200S said:

So did the seal show signs of degradation? or just "tired" ?

I replaced it previously with a blueprint one when I did the cambelt it still seems good, seen OEM ones leak after a couple of years, difficult to get them to seal once removed as Honda used a tack agent with the seal, similar to Loctite 3020 Spray Tack, been meaning to buy some actually.😅

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• The title was changed to What Have You Done To Your Shuttle or Odyssey Today?
  • This topic was pinned and featured
  • Moderators

Isn't in great when everything comes together nicely !

I presume you are keeping it then !!!!!🙂

You have done loads of stuff  on it now what more could you need from amayama ....is it a secret modification????!!!

ejector seat? , Rear oil slick dispenser?,

Secret compartment for the toilet roll stock??!!!

🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

I presume you are keeping it then !!!!!🙂

Yeah, nothing comes close to it even the KIA's, Toyota's I looked at a while ago are crap, by comparison, it drives like a new car too.

23 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

You have done loads of stuff  on it now what more could you need from amayama

I ordered a few suspension boots and genuine new tie rods ends (couldn't find anything compatible in a decent aftermarket brand).

26 minutes ago, PTR200S said:

Rear oil slick dispenser?

I can borrow my mates R8 that's always chucking oil out somewhere, although I refuse to work on it now its waste of my time. 🤣

Just some bigger boots (still on coupe size tryes atm) and towbar to follow at some point 👍

• Like 2
  • Clap Hands 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Excellent,  they are really helpful I found, able to answer the queries regarding the blind chassis mounts on the Elysion.

Did you get the electric kit from them too?  or Towsure?

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, hughezee said:

Got the whole kit £231.60 inc. VAT, Bargain IMO

Sure that was same cost as mine for Elly, delivered...

Wonder if the chassis at the rear of the Oddy is same as Elly, or pretty much....what was the item code for your bar ?

Be interesting to see if you require any instruction translation from "engineer speak" to English  !!!!

• Like 1